Team-BHP - Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/61989-off-experience-some-exotic-view-rains-2-families-2-days-trip.html)

This is the tale of exotic view of some exotic region and that too in rains. Who all went and that too braving rains? See below which has the 2 families pic...Here are couple of snaps. More things to follow. Keep guessing.. :)

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01357.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01392.jpg

Braving rain?!! Not my kinda trip. But I'm guessing Coorg. Is it correct ?

I see a lot of cars in the background, looks like there are quite a lot of brave ones. Which is this place?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1391648)
Braving rain?!! Not my kinda trip. But I'm guessing Coorg. Is it correct ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by muralisk (Post 1391681)
I see a lot of cars in the background, looks like there are quite a lot of brave ones. Which is this place?

May be this will help... :)

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9833del.jpg

Thats Jog Falls, last time I visited the new entrace was still in construction.

In the 1st picture itself its clear that this is indeed Jog Falls, you can see the water flow.

Wow! Nice place!

Well, not been to Jog falls, so am waiting for more details of your trip. :)

Quote:

@addyhemmige--The only place to stay in/near Jog falls is the either of the 2 PWD guest houses. The next nearest place to stay is in Sagar, Hotel Varadashree (dunno about other places here) about 30 kms away. The last option is to stay in Shimoga, Hotel Jewel Rock.
Quote:

@mjothi---+1. We just stayed here last weekend. Reasonable rates. (Rs300-700). Suite room is 550, all inclusive. Has nice view too.
So, it is jog falls, simple.:D

You guys post some teaser pics and then vanish for two days. This is not fair.
Post the travelogue ASAP.

Out with the pics dudes!!
I'm sure you guys had an awesome drive.

It is mighty jogs in full glory.. Loved the 1st snap.

Ok, here is the summary for the trip.

Started @ 7am from nice road Junction.
Reached Sagar @ 1:30pm. Exactly 390KMs from home to hotel.
Took the Tumkur by-pass road. Oh, very bad situation. This needs immd attention, literally no roads.
Had breakfast in Gubbi. The roads are awesome when compared to our previous venture when we guys did the Tirthahalli trip :)

After having lunch we left for the Jog falls around 3pm from hotel Vardhashree.

Nice roads with occasional pot holes, but you will definitely enjoy those curves!!!

Since it was raining heavily, we could not take much pics on the roads. Very bad.

And beware of those "Force" travel guys on the roads between Jog & Sagar. They are terrible. Caution required. I saw one Force hitting "happily" the omni at rear right. The Force was coming from the Jog bridge and the omni was coming straight from the Honnavar road.

While I was seeing whose going to stop, none of them did and had a neat collision. Damages not so bad, but Omni's rear right was dented. I could see the omni being pushed to side when the force bumped on it.

I was worried mainly because, that was the place where you have the fuel store. Lucky, nothing bad occured.

We went to the Jog with so much of expectation, since it was rainling heavily for the past weeks. We got equally disapponted when we reach there and saw the condition.

It was completely covered with mist. No oen will even believe that there was a Falls there. Nothing visible.

So, with no option we returned back to hotel praying the god for getting us a beautiful view the next day.

Now for pics...

On the bridge to Jog

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9727.jpg

Views from the Hotel Room

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9736.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9738.jpg

Misty Jog
Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-jogmistpano1.jpg

Misty bridge

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-jogbridgepano.jpg

Was expecting a mighty JOG and ended us viewing those misty Jog only. We even thought if we did a mistake of making that trip in this rainy season. To add to that, the hotel guys said, it will be same next day too. Only when the rain stops and its windy the mist will clear.

I am sure you know how it would feel on hearing this. Especially after traveling 400KMs with kids on those rainy days.

Due to rain and not-in-a-good-mood, the flowing of pics was also not in mind. So, we could not take much pics on the day one.

Will post more by today night.

This is the best time to visit the Jog I guess... though I have been to Jog quite a few times, I have seen it in full glory only once... the rest of the times it has been a trickling jog / almost dry jog. So looking forward to some more pics...

By the way, on Aug 15th, I think water is released from the dam upstream... [need to confirm that, not sure if they do it every year].. which means that jog will be at it's fullest on that day. Will also be super crowded.

Bega photos post maadi saar!

Some more pics of the drive to Sagar.

All-set for the drive

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9669.jpg

Tumkur By-Pass - Means you should BY-PASS this road!

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9685.jpg

Scenic views on the rainy days
Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-delimg_9672.jpg
Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-delimg_9670.jpg
Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9699.jpg

I noticed that almost all the rivers are flowing at full glory. Every bridge is a nice view during the drive.Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9696.jpg

Saw this just before getting into Shimoga. Nice piece. Isn't it?
Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9694.jpg

And finally, the Jog. Yes, people are trying to locate it. Hehehe
Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9714.jpg

oh, it is a pity that you could not see the mighty jog falls.

but i am sure you would have enjoyed the mansoon drive.
most importantly, the kids would have enojyed the picnic

Thanks, Mj. Very nice and crisply written supported by good pics. Here's my part of travelogue.

I had the party the previous night and came home late. Slept at 12.30am hoping to get up at 4.30am. Yes, I got up at 4.50am. Mj called up and informed that he is starting from home. I informed OK and told him that I will be meeting in nice road and tumkur road junction by 6-6.15am. But then came the phone call from one of my colleagues that he has left his house keys in the laptop. The laptop bag was in my car. As I was going for 2 days trip, I informed him to come and collect the keys. He was staying in his friends place in Kormangala. I asked him to meet me at R/Station which is more or less centre point to hand over his keys and laptop. I started from my house at 5.10am and reached r/station by 5.40am. Handed over the keys & laptop. Came back to my house and loaded the vehicle and then started from my house at 6.15am. Took magadi road and reached nice road jn. Went on nice road and then reached tumkur road within 20 mins. Just then Mj called up that they are waiting. Informed him that I'am on nice road and would reach tumkur road in next 10mins. We met on tumkur road and then continued the journey towards Jog falls. We crossed Tumkur and our stomach was rumbling. First we thought of having "thattae idly" at Pavithra,Tumkur. But opted otherwise as it is a deviation from main road. Went into Gubbi and had the tiffin again "thattae idly" in one of the resturant. The idly as good and after stomach were filled up, then again we started our journey towards Sagar. We had booked the room in "Varadeshwara Lodge" courtesy Luke. Thanks, Luke.

The roads upto Bhadravati is good with a few potholes here and there. It will pass through all the villages and most of the time you will end up braking the vehicle while uffalos are passing onthe road. They will act as "Speed Breakers". From Bhadravati to Shimoga the road is under construction and you will find many diversions with ad patches of road. After Shimoga upto Sagar the roads are good. We reached hotel at Sagar by 1.30pm. This hotel will be full at all times (in season) and the rates are reasonale too. The hotel rooms & bathrooms are OK. Freshend ourselves and had lunch in the hotel. There is a resturant attached to hotel and the food is OK. We cannot expect more. ut our darshnis would serve better with more cleanliness. They sevre b/fast items only in morning and durng lunch time, you will get only limited food. North indian dishes and south indian thali etc.

Then we left for Jog falls. It was drizzling. It is around 30 kms from hotel. We reached Jog and to our surprise, there was too much fog and was raining quite heavily. We tried to see the falls but invain. Decided to visit again next day morning afterall we had travelled nearly 400 kms for viewing the falls. Came back from jog @ 6.00pm and then headed towards room and had tea and snacks. Decided that we gain meet at around 9.30pm for dinner. ut my son and Mj's daughter were asleep and then we decided to go in for room service.

Got up next day morning and were ready by 8.00am and started towards jog. It was little sunny. But by the time we reached jog, it again started raining. Here Mj and myself were separated. He went on top of the falls and I again went to the normal view. Hired a guide for 100/- and then he took us to some places in and around falls. All this we did it in rains itself. We finished our vist and came back to room by 1.00pm. The pineapple is very cheap and the quality is also good. The vendors for selling these are on the road sides during your drive towards jog from Sagar. Freshened up and then left for Bangalore at 1.45pm. We reached Bangalore at 9.45 pm (home) after many reaks for photos, lunch, pee break etc.

A point to note here is that we did this trip in rains. We saw the places in rain and then travelled both to and fro in rain (in car).

The statistics from my side is: It is 354kms from my house to Sagar and 30 kms from Sagar to Jog totaling to 384 kms from home to Jog. The total kms travelled is 864 kms (to & fro). I used fuel of 54ltrs. The FE was around 16 kmpl.

Route taken: Bangalore-Tumkur-Gubbi-Tiptur-Arsikere-Bhadravathi-Shimoga-Sagar-Jog and same route while returning back.

Will start posting pics soon...