Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2012, 00:33   #256
BHPian

Re: Traversing The Tibet Plateau To Mount Kailash

Hi Deky,

I am just dumbstruck after reading all the pages of this travelogue. Firstly i have lots to catch up on this site (had lost touch) so apologies for the late reading and comment.
I just want summarize few of my thoughts about your post
1. Absolutely superb photographs
2. Very well written post. Just perfect detailed and very hook on types
3. Must appreciate your support to your mom to go there and give her a lifetime experience.
When i was reading this tonight, my mom sat next to me (incidentally an asthmatic of 68 years) and read and saw each part of your posts and was almost in tears looking at photographs.
So i must thank you for such a great photographs, a virtual journey, information.. overall ..really one of good packaged posts i have read in past few years on the net.
Thank you..

Last edited by kARTIK IYER : 21st July 2012 at 00:34. Reason: Error in posting with edit lines
kARTIK IYER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 20:28   #257
Senior - BHPian

WOW. What a thread. I thought that I'll start reading, read 4-5 pages and then leave the rest for next day. But the thread is so captivating that I couldn't leave it, just finished reading all of it in one go. Felt that I was with you guys for the entire duration of the trip.
Loved all the pictures. Thank deky for sharing with us.
Dont know why, I've never been able to write travelogues. Would love to do it, but simply shy away whenever I try to attempt it. Maybe someday...
Cheers
harjeev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 15:45   #258

Hello Deky Sir!
Greetings from Delhi.

I have gone through all mountains' travelogues posted by you, trip Mt. Kailash being the latest one.
My membership was due for approval so it is after two months of ardent following of your brilliant narration that I am finally able to thank you.

These two months were my summer vacations from college, each day of which I enlivened with dreams of mountains. Your travelogues have provided appropriate feed for my passion of mountains, in fact invoked it even more.

It is because of the contentment of rediscovering this passion that my heart is filled in gratitude towards you for putting in such a great effort at coming up with your recitals.

I think I can write a THANKALOGUE in return to your travelogues, am I allowed to ?

So this I complete in July 2013, on the ocassion of Guru Poornima!!
SanNay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 03:33   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post

------ And after 21 Kora's one is eligible to do the inner Kora on the higher reaches of Kailash.

----
Hello Deky, I just completed your travelogue just now. May I ask, what is this "Inner Kora"? Is there another parikrama possible higher up and in the Mt. Kailash itself? Sorry for a stupid question, but my knowledge is limited, excuse me for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vensum View Post
-----
However I have decided that i will do this trip during next may/june. What I am planning is a bit different. Instead of taking the trip from Kathmandu to Kathmandu, i am planning to go to Lhasa, travel through the other side of the mountain to Kailash Parvat and return to Kathmandu. I was told that it is simply fantastic.
Hello Vesum, did you complete this trip?
Jakku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 13:20   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Hello Deky, I just completed your travelogue just now. May I ask, what is this "Inner Kora"? Is there another parikrama possible higher up and in the Mt. Kailash itself? Sorry for a stupid question, but my knowledge is limited, excuse me for the same.
Even after two trips to Mt. Kailash, I am really not sure what the Inner Kora is. Nothing of that sort is mentioned in the trip organised by MEA. The mention of Inner Kora only comes when you book a trip with the Nepalese Pvt operators. I think this is done to sell their tours as there is a lot of competition amongst them to sell.
What they must be doing is selling either Charan Sparsh or Asthapad as the Inner Kora.
Otherwise, I dont think there is any other Parikrama route for Kailash other than Darchen - Derapukh - Zutulphuk - Darchen

regards
deky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 15:27   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Deky there is indeed something called an inner Kora. Few people known in my circle have done it. I myself am planning to make a go at it mid next year. Needs solid planning and an ability to withstand continual high altitude trekking consistently for days together. No tour operator will take you on this. You need to find someone who has done it, and then get porters who are willing, and just go. It is not "organised" like how some will make you believe online.

Ps. You have to sign a declaration to the visa that incase you collapse, the porters have the right to leave yiur body there and return. You will not be transported back. Similar to kailash yatra.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 12:05   #262
BHPian

Something regarding Inner Kora on youtube:
ramki067 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 19:07   #263
BHPian

Dear deky San, loved reading your travelogue. Read it from start to finish in one go, really it was so gripping. Kudos to the sherpas for making your journey memorable and especially the help they extended while your mother fell from the horse. Beautiful pics just add icing to the cake.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks