Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 03:16   #1
BHPian

Bnagalore to KemmanGundi (Chikmagalur)

Team,
To:- Bangalore - Tumkur- Gubbi- Tiptur-Arsikere-Banavara-Kadur- Chikamagalur]
Here i am going to talk about my last trip to Kemmangundi which was kind of mix adventures.
Well after all preparation[trip meter @0;5Th Servicing done LAST DAY only] we [ i and my other friends in two (swift & Indica) cars]. started at 4.30 am from South Bangalore, reached majestic in a while then followed by yeswanthpur road. Within 30 -40 minutes we were on Nelamangala road. Lots of diversion was breaking my speed, long trucks; still i was doing 60 -70 , overtaking them easily. I forgot to take left near by IBP Petrol bunk for Nelamangala and reached straight to toll gate & paid some 15 INR. The road was too good, i drove up to 100 -110 easily to cross whole toll. Again i was back on normal road, after toll we took right turn on Pune Highway then crossed tumkur and headed to Gubbi.. around 6.00 AM morning. [1 Big mistake - i drove my car with hand brake on for 500 meter by mistake ,There was burning smell for few minutes]. After Tumkur roads were good & 2 lane,drove at 80-90 easily. we crossed Gubbi then headed for Tiptur without any break.
After 145Km from Bangalore & before 25 Km Tiptur, My Car engine's started showing 4k-5k-6k-7K RPM suddenly and burning smell, i noticed this & checked front panel, everything was perfect, still car was not getting pickup/Clutch's stopped working] It was 8.30 AM. I was really helpless, no Maruti Service center in Tiptur. The nearest was 45 KM back in Tumkur, 100 KM ahead In Hasaan, 130 KM ahead In chickmagalur. Now , we started looking for local mechanics. Guess luckily i got one; Thanks to him. He checked with maruti engineer on call and found clutch was too tight. He did few checks made that loose, Car 's started and he told me that i can drive for 100 Km easily and visit next service center. We started again ,and the problem started again after 25 KM, This time, even i was not able to move clucth pedal, I called MOS[08039891515];Their engineer confirmed that, Cluch's gone & I have to take car to service center . I got all contact numbers of Chickmagalur/Hassan/Tumkur service centers, Neither Hassan nor Chickmagular had Clutch plate/Pressure Plates/Release bearing In-Stock. Only Tumkur [Saketh Automobiles] Had all clutch parts. The service executive was nice to me and co-operating over phone. He asked me to take U turn and get towed away till Tumkur [70KM ]. Nobody can imagine to do this, we asked towing Vechile, unfortunately they had only Maruti Omni.
Luckily we had another car Indica with us, we went to Tiptur and Bought 4mm rope.
Now the real journey begins; @ 1030 AM we took U turn, and Swift was being towed by Indica. We switched on engine/AC for our comfortness, so that it can be towed easily. Indica was on 30KMPH. Here we go- FIRST SPEED BREAKER and ropes get break :(. I called that Service executive about alternative & he asked me to arrange 4 Cycle tyres and knot them. We did the same, still we had to make knot atleast 13 times through out 70KM. at last we reached Service center in Tumkur at 2PM . .

[Don't ask how i was feeling, Swift was being towed by Indica, people were staring , fellow car drivers were crossing with laugh [no courtsey to ask]. i had nice sleep in my car, gave my friend to drive[].

That guy came and check car. He asked for 4 Hour to change whole clutch unit. i asked them to start work and exactly he finished his work by 6PM eve.

We have lost whole day[Saturday was missing from life] and was sad, we had to cover around 200 KM to reach chickmagalur by night. We started at 6.15PM from Tumkur took same road [Gubbi-Tiptur- Arsikere-banavara] and reached Kadur at 10PM. We were driving at 90-120. Stretch was very good.

We stopped at one Dhaba & had dinner. {Break for 1 Hour]

Now we took left turn from Kadur and Chikmagalur was around 30 KM . But road was too bad. It took 2 Hour to reach Chickmagalur.

We reached Chickmagalur at 1 AM in morning, Started looking out for Hotel. Lucky us! we got one in these peak season. We relaxed whole night with bad exprience of day. Our whole one day's been gone.

Next Day story ....................................

We woke up at 7 am; Had tea and started at 9 Am for kemmangundi. the road was in bad shape. Max 20-30 i could do. The weather was awesome. Full Cloudy; was on Headlamp/Fog light on.

We stopped at few places for sight seen .. Had fun at View TOP ,The best part was driving near VIEW POINT @ height of 1400FT.

Then we came down from Hill around 3 PM after Kalhatti waterfall. , we were hungry and looking for good restuarant. Couldn't get any one. we found one place running by ladies - kindaHome food. We had Jumbo lunch overthere, Tried almost everything.

We finished our lunch at 5 PM, Now we decide to go and see Kalhatti waterfall cum temple. we came back and spent aound 1.30 Hr @ that spot [took bath under fall]. now it was time to come back.

We started at 6.30 PM, Set gps to TAKE ME HOME. we took
CHickmagalur - Belur-Hasaan-CRPATNA-Kunigal-Nelamangala-Bangalore route.
The strech was good but not as much other one except Hasaan Bypass & Neelamangala to NICE road entry at tumkur.

We took two breaks ; and reached bangalore 1 AM in morning. Happy ending.

Last edited by DerAlte : 10th August 2009 at 11:14.
gogo_gogo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th August 2009, 12:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yep indeed a happy ending, but one of a kind experience.
I'm not able to view your pics -- Is it me or anyone else ?
Old 10th August 2009, 13:05   #3
Team-BHP Support

Same here. Can't see pictures.
Old 10th August 2009, 13:29   #4
BHPian

Why dont you put some pic of the "Swift was being towed by Indica". I dont know why u was embarrassed. Its a car, any time you may get into this situation. Even you may be towed by tractor too
Old 10th August 2009, 16:39   #5
BHPian

Guys i have uploaded pix too, but moderator[Gave me three Infractions] has removed them, Let me upload again .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks