Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 16:37   #1

Bangalore - Hyderabad on Yamaha RX100 (9th August 2009)

Hi all,

I know its been too long since I ever came back with any posts. The last i travelled long was in March, Hyderabad - Tadoba - Nagpur - Bhopal - Panchmarhi - Kanha - Nagpur - Hyderabad.

Yesterday was eventful too. I went to bangalore last thursday in a friend's marriage. Was supposed to come back Sunday evening via a train or a bus but nothing was confirmed yet. Later when i logged on to the internet, there were no tickets available in both modes of transportation.

Then i decided that i will take big bro's (stays in Bangalore) legend (Yamaha RX100) numbered AP12 1945 - and drive down to Hyderabad alone.
Started around 1.00PM with first hault at Chikbalapur. Second stop was a Penukonda. Then, after tea and snacks, drove till Ananthapur to break for lunch. The next hault was at Gooty where i said my prayer and then had tea and snacks again.

The only stretch where rain struck pretty badly (otherwise there were a couple of places between Bangalore and Chikbalapur and before Ananthapur where it drizzled for a short while) was 45kms before Kurnool. I was literally drenched and the agony was that i did not have a proper helmet (just that 90bucks wala available in bangalore just to follow traffic rules and otherwise of no use) so, just managed with a capped pullover. I had my dinner at Kurnool and haulted again at Pebber for tea. Finally reached hyderabad (broke for tea again at Jadcherla) at 12.30AM today.

I would conclude by saying that the traffic sense is much better on Hyderabad - Bangalore highway and i hardly saw any accidents or any vehicles lying on the road post accident. The road, right from Bangalore to Hyderabad is above average (pretty awesome from Kurnool to Hyderabad) with a jolty patches and bumps between Ananthapur and Kurnool. There are quite a few diversions since the road is under construction.

I am sorry i couldnt take any photographs because i was travelling alone

Advise to bikers - Have full faced helmet as its quite windy through out.

Promise to come back with more posts
Old 11th August 2009, 12:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! tannuboy that was quite some courage, RX100 is a good bike, but probably road grip at high speed is not very inspiring. Glad that you finished the journey safely.

Most Viewed