Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 14:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Great report. I really enjoyed your writing.
Thank you Mohandas for the appreciation. I had to type the whole thing again twice. I wrote it in MS-word but copy pasting did not work. So typed the whole thing again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
@Fordmanchau: Nice and Crisp travelogue.

I had been there a few years back just a day before the ganesh immersion and have to plan another visit soon with my folks. When I had visited, I stayed overnight at the cottages within the temple complex and it was really a nice experience especially the early morning walk around the temple complex.

Apart from the visit to the temple, sightseeing spots or view points, I think its worthwhile checking out the new turbines provided you have contacts in AP Genco
Thank you Ardy, it seems that staying overnight is highly recommended. How much is the room rates for those cottages? next time may be we would take it leisurely and spend sometime. Any contacts in AP GENCO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Nice report and the pics were spot on. This travelogue has whetted my wish to re-vist Srisailam.

Cheers,
Thank you Raveendra sir, even I wish to do the trip again.Just wished for more rains, it would have made the greens even more livelier.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau

Thank you Ardy, it seems that staying overnight is highly recommended. How much is the room rates for those cottages? next time may be we would take it leisurely and spend sometime. Any contacts in AP GENCO?
I do not recollect the tariff for the cottages, but they were pretty much in line with TTD's tariff in Tirumala. It was a double bedroom (AC) with drawing - dinning.

With regards to AP GENCO, when we had visited a distant relation had arranged the stay and visit to the view points as well as to the dam. At the moment, I do not have any contacts.
Old 11th August 2009, 16:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
I do not recollect the tariff for the cottages, but they were pretty much in line with TTD's tariff in Tirumala. It was a double bedroom (AC) with drawing - dinning.
Was the accomodation booked thorugh APTDC? if yes, then probably the rate would be around 1200/- a night for a AC room.But, if it's one run by the temple trust(if they run those cottages at all), then probably it must be cheap.
Old 11th August 2009, 17:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Manish! Man, you drive really fast!

You should have taken a ride in one of those round boats---they are fun.

Accomodation in Srisailam is available in Gouri Sadan and Ganga Sadan---both located side by side---and run by AP Tourism.

If one stays overnight, then a jeep ride to Ishta Kameswari temple is strongly recommended---it involves serious off-roading!

BTW, the dam dates are still not opened up? I heard inflows to Srisailam were normal this year.
Old 11th August 2009, 17:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nice pics Manish! Man, you drive really fast!

You should have taken a ride in one of those round boats---they are fun.

Accomodation in Srisailam is available in Gouri Sadan and Ganga Sadan---both located side by side---and run by AP Tourism.

If one stays overnight, then a jeep ride to Ishta Kameswari temple is strongly recommended---it involves serious off-roading!

BTW, the dam dates are still not opened up? I heard inflows to Srisailam were normal this year.
Was it really fast Venu sir, 238kms in 4 hours was decent IMO including some ghat roads. I did 158kms of NSD drive in 2.5hrs, that road is better.
Current in the river was high, though I was game, wife was a bit apprehensive about the boat ride.
Dam gates are not open, only little stream of water is being let out as of now.Next may be we will stay overnight and look around places.
Old 11th August 2009, 19:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice & crisp travelogue! Time to take the rocket beyond Achampet (the max it has gtravelled on the Srisailam Highway)!

OT: BUT, why are the travelogues being ended within the first few pages these days?
First it was Nag's Goa Tour & now this one!
Old 12th August 2009, 09:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE on FE : Got tank filled up yesterday, it gulped in 33 litres.
Total distance travelled : 475 kms
Fuel used : 33 litres
FE = 14.39 km per litre

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Nice & crisp travelogue! Time to take the rocket beyond Achampet (the max it has gtravelled on the Srisailam Highway)!

OT: BUT, why are the travelogues being ended within the first few pages these days?
First it was Nag's Goa Tour & now this one!
There was not much to write about the trip, 1 page for a 11hour trip is okay , i guess!!!

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 12th August 2009 at 09:46.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:24   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice report of your trip to Srisailam. I am surprised i missed this one. Btw, i dont see any pictures of monkeys in the thread. Did you not encounter them on the ghat section?
Old 9th September 2009, 14:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice report of your trip to Srisailam. I am surprised i missed this one. Btw, i dont see any pictures of monkeys in the thread. Did you not encounter them on the ghat section?
hehe.. so finally you see it!!! I was wondering too how come you missed it . (the travelogue felt like incomplete without your comments)
We did encountered those monkey's loitering on the road. Wife was trying to get their snaps while I was maneouvering between those monkeys lazily walking up and down on the road but she couldn't get any monkeys in those snaps. A car was following me so couldn't stop either for the photos.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 9th September 2009 at 14:36.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:58   #25
BHPian

Interesting travelogue.
Old 10th September 2009, 19:44   #26
BHPian

nice travelogue

I was planning to visit srishailam since many years. Thanks to your fantastic picturers my urge to visit srishailam once againg ignited.
regards
Old 11th September 2009, 11:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Good short trip and you have made it quite fast too which vehicle did you go
Old 14th September 2009, 23:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen08 View Post
Interesting travelogue.
Thank you Indizen08

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R.S.Rao View Post
I was planning to visit srishailam since many years. Thanks to your fantastic picturers my urge to visit srishailam once againg ignited.
regards
Mr. Rao, do visit Srisailam once if you can. I suggest probably to do it during rains. It would be real nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Good short trip and you have made it quite fast too which vehicle did you go
Thank you, Gajadonga.I own a Ford Ikon Flair(1.3).It's there in the photos.Was the timing really fast? I am wondering
Old 15th September 2009, 11:06   #29
BHPian

Fordmanchau, liked your travelogue. Been wanting to go there myself. Might do it next month.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
Fordmanchau, liked your travelogue. Been wanting to go there myself. Might do it next month.
What you have not been there yet?
Go and have fun, now that it's raining and weather is very pleasant. Finish it off asap

Most Viewed