Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 14:00   #61
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Short Quick Trip to Srisailam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
So my guess is it is ready and it looked that way too. So even if you are not allowed through ariport, you can now always take the ORR to join at NH7 and take the PVNR expressway to city.
yes we can now do that
Old 14th May 2011, 14:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

FordManchau,
That is a well written travelogue, but your photographs do not do justice to the Majestic Nallamalla hills, actually nobody can do justice to this awesomely magnificent place..

The best route to take from Hyderabad if you are leaving before 8 in the morning is old city, it still sleeps until then.

Second best route is the ORR, running parallel and after the airport entrance road, it is shorter by 11 kms (marked until Kalwakurthy).

Third is, Airport road. No body ever will stop you, in case they do, NOVOTEL.
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 14th May 2011 at 14:34.
Old 14th May 2011, 17:35   #63

That was a nice travelogue Fordmanchau. The Srisailam ghat road drive has always been picturesque. I just wanted to ask if any bhpians here have done the trip to Ishta Kameshwari temple which is about 30 KM from Srisailam. You need to hire Mahindra commander jeeps, waiting opposite the temple gate. The Ishta Kameshwari temple is located in the dead centre of nalla malla forests. The trip to this temple will leave this expression on your face . Not because of the forests, but because of the route. I bet hardcore Off-roaders will love this route.
Old 21st December 2015, 10:55   #64
BHPian

Rajahmundry-Vijayawada-Srisailam-Hyderabad. Route Query?

Hi guys,

I'm planning on driving up to Srisailam and Hyderabad during upcoming Christmas holidays. Just wanted a quick confirmation on the route that I've planned.

1. Day 1: Rajahmundry to Srisailam.
Rajahmundry-Vijayawada-Guntur-Narasaraopet-Vinukonda-Doranala-Srisailam. I've no prior experience of this route and have chosen it from Google Maps. Is this the best route? And also are there any safety issues during day time, as I'll have to pass through a forest route? Thirdly, does anyone has an idea as to how much time would it take from Vijayawada to Srisailam via this route?

2. Day 2: Srisailam to Hyderabad.
Srisailam-Munnanur-Bijnapalli-Jadcherla-ORR Hyderabad. I've opted for this route after going through some of the threads of Hyderabad BHPians. Is this the best route to Hyderabad or would it be faster to go through the seemingly straighter route through Amangal?

Any suggestions/comments are most welcome.

Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks