Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 11:49   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Lovely pics & great log Nav

Nice to see so much rains even at this time when the city aint getting much.
Thanks.
That's what happen when trees are cut like mutton in a mutton shop. Good that it is not raining in city else we would have to deal with broken roads all around us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Lovely pics there Nav. Is it just a coincidence that your bike is there on all the pics
Thanks.
It is not a coincidence. I tried to click pics of just the scenery and due to too much of fog/overcast skies, they didn't turned out so well. Hence, didn't posted them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Nice write up!And I loved some of the pics too.Especially the one of the bike's tank to the side and the open road ahead.
Hope there weren't any close calls while on the ride. Riding in the rain can have its share of tricky turns & the slippery tarmac.
Thanks.
No close calls. Getting old hence wasn't going fast enough to have any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@nav75,

nice writeup and pics.
all 9 pics shows your bike!!!!

i have some questions.
1] after tamhini, where to turn for amby valley?
2] on tamhini-lonavala road, is there any puncturewalla, any eateries?
3] had you seen/taken any pics of taila-baila and koraigad while going toward amby valley?
4] hows the road condition for cars if i want to go via this tamhini-lonavala route?
4]
As nikhil has already replied.
#1: Once you cross the mulshi lake (going towards Tamhini), you stop seeing it. Keep looking for junction with road going to right, there is even a sign board there. This is the only road going towards right after Mulshi lake, so you might not miss it.

#2: There are small villages but I doubt there are any puncture walla's, yes I did saw a couple of general stores there.

#3: I wanted to but it was raining and hence couldn't click.

#4: Initially there are some sections where you can see tarmac but with potholes but later for most of parts it is a layer of well pressed stoned. Ocassionally gravel + potholes. I guess a car with decent GC should be able to go there. Few years back when I went there, I did saw a couple of cars on that stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Bike rides are awesome in the rains. I remember one such ride when i was in college. I had been to wayanad from Mysore. It was raining nonstop for 3 days.
By the way nice pics of your bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Lovely pics and write up navs. Brings back of my rides in the hills a long time back. The rains bring out the beauty of nature and the bike lets you touch it
Awesome bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Naveendu ji nice to see you here...Lovely pics, esp 5th picture !

hmmm am tempted take my bull to the hills its been long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy.tripathy View Post
Bike trips in the rain is a heavenly experience. Last sunday I checked the weather and it was supposed to rain in and around Hyderabad, so went out in search of rain, even after a 450 km ride, couldn't trace a single drop of rain BTW, the ZMA pics with the fog in the background looks cool ... keep riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Guess you had a wonderful trip too. Hope we can see it on travelogues soon.. what say?
Thanks people.
Old 14th August 2009, 11:56   #17
BHPian

Nice pics nav75.. Also what is the route to/from Pavana dam that you took ?
is it the one near Kamshet on NH4 (Kale colony?)
Old 14th August 2009, 12:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful pics and nice narration there nav75.

Which camera were you using? (some of the pics seem to be clicked in the rain!)
Old 14th August 2009, 12:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Nav,

Lone Rider on a bike in the heavy downpour... WoW looks like you had great time

The photographs and the naration reminded me of my trips from Kothrud to Paud/Mulshi on my old M80 during 1989-93, thanks
Thanks.
Back in 93, the Chandani Chowk - Paud - Mulshi road was brilliant. If you have, please share some pictures, as I didn't had a camera back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Nice pics nav75.. Also what is the route to/from Pavana dam that you took ?
is it the one near Kamshet on NH4 (Kale colony?)
Thanks.
From Pune side. Get on NH4 going towards Mumbai. Just after you cross the toll at Somatane Phata (there is a big Ganash idol on left hand side) you will see a road going to left (with a board saying join expressway). Take that road, you will cross a bridge (under which the expressway goes), keep going stragiht. In some 40 odd km's you will reach the Dam. The road condition is ok at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Beautiful pics and nice narration there nav75.

Which camera were you using? (some of the pics seem to be clicked in the rain!)
Thanks.
I used Canon 400D with kit lense. Nah, didn't click any pic under rain (yes may be a drop or two of rain).

Last edited by nav75 : 14th August 2009 at 12:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks