Team-BHP - Picturelogue of a day's trip to Malshej
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Picturelogue of a day's trip to Malshej (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/63609-picturelogue-days-trip-malshej.html)

After seeing the travelogues of UdayDesai and AshishPallod about Malshej, it dawned upon me that even after staying all my life in Mumbai, I had never been to Malshej ghat.

Hence thought of doing a quick trip to Malshej. A big thanks to Uday Desai and Ashish Pallod for all the precise details that they provided me.

Date of Trip: Saturday 8-Aug-2009
Vehicle: Dzire VDi
Total Distance travelled: Exactly 230 Kms round trip to/from Mulund.

Uday had mentioned the travel time to be approx 3-3.5 hrs from Borivali. As I stay in Mulund, the travel time was an hour less.
Left Mulund leisurely at 10:30 AM and was there at MTDC resort at 12:45 PM after a lot of halts.

The view all the way was excellent, lot of fog interlaced with rain. I personally felt that the waterfalls were not at their peak maybe due to less rainfall in the area.

Driving was fun as the roads were excellent all the way. Also as we travelled on a Saturday, there was less crowds all along the way.

Had lunch at the MTDC resort there. Food was ok. Spent some time again at Malshej ghat.

I was also planning on driving further to see the Shivneri fort but due to heavy rains on the way there, I had to change my plans.

Hence came back from Malshej itself. Was back home at 6:30 PM.

All in all a day well spent. I will let the pictures do all the talking. Following is a teaser :). I will upload the other images asap.

Need a guidance regarding travel from the other side, I mean Chowk-Karjat-Murbad ? Whats the distance and road conditions like ??

Hi,
Took an Independence Day drive to Malshej from South Mumbai, of course on Saturday, 15 August. The return journey totaled to 298km. Took the Eastern Express from Sion to Thane, Kalyan, Murbad, Malshej. The road conditions were good throughout except inside Kalyan city. From Shahad onwards the road is National Highway 222. On the ghat section only a small patch was a bit rough. This was my first ghat drive where I had to prove myself. No sweat at all. On down-slopes I put transmission into lower gear to regulate speed and hardly used the brake. The ride was smooth and enjoyable. Ah yes, the car was Alto LXi with just two of us in it.

Malshej always look beautiful at this time of the year, please upload more :)

Good one F1fan. Need more pic and do write more as where have you taken halts on the way to Malshej, Ya you were travelling with your small kid, he must have enjoyed this trip. Did you find any good hotel on the way. Like I said there were no good hotel on the way.

Now how come Ashish Pallod have missed this good Travelogue? awaiting his commentsclap:

just 1 Pic is not enough...!

Ye dil mange more..:D

@f1fan: Sorry to hijack the thread. I also had been to Malshej on 16th. The place is really good but spoiled by disgusting young crowd. Can I post couple of pics I took on this thread so as to avoid a new thread?

Also, for all wine Fans: Before Alephata from pune side (5-10km) there is a cafe called "Ivy chateau Indage". This is a wine yard run cafe and you can buy good quality wine from here which is exported outside india at factory prices. typical export quality wine starts at 540/-. You can get Shiraz, Chintalili or something like that (m a non drinker) real cheap. BTW this cafe is a real nice place to hang out.

@neoonwheels you are quite right. The place is beautiful, alas for some garish people who also visit this place.

@f1fan, to avoid another thread I take the liberty to post some pics of the area from last Saturday's trip:

Oops,
I omitted to thank guys like udaydesai, ashishpallod, hvkumar, and others without whose posts I would have remained ignorant about the existence of a place called Malshej. I looked at some last year's pics from uday and am happy to tell you all that some improvements have been made at Malshej. The roads are in much better condition, and the MTDC resort is spruced up. I went there for a hydraulic break and some "chai". Gave the "chai" a miss and took some pics of the place. Nice place, all tiled up parking lot, and perhaps good enough for a T-BHP meet? Couple-a pics of there:

NP guys. Pls do post your snaps too.
Following are some snaps from my side:

Some additional snaps from my side:

This is the MTDC resort at Malshej
Picturelogue of a day's trip to Malshej-dsc00848.jpg

Picturelogue of a day's trip to Malshej-dsc00849.jpg

Finally snaps near the tunnel.
Picturelogue of a day's trip to Malshej-dsc00853.jpg
Picturelogue of a day's trip to Malshej-dsc00854.jpg

Overall a great one day trip. :)