Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 14:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

ive done the stretch on my 1.2 palio and must say it was exhilarating.
congrats on ur buy.
Old 25th August 2009, 15:00   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Ooty - my first on MY LINEA, probably the first LINEA TO CLIMB famous 36 hairpin bent
I was doubting the claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Did this stretch last month on my Linea
This confirms it.

Anyway good to know Linea did it. And more importantly, you guys enjoyed it !!
Old 25th August 2009, 15:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice narration & pictures.
Waiting for more.
Old 25th August 2009, 15:50   #19
BHPian

The man in white shirt in your fourth pic greatly resembles an old friend of mine, Rajasekhar. Any chance?
Old 25th August 2009, 16:01   #20
BHPian

Great pics, especially the one with the car parked at the side and of course those of the greenery & hills.
Black cars look great in general and the Linea sure is a stunner.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

hi vinay,
Beautiful pictures of your linea, looks great in black. The photo of the langur on the ORVM is funny. So little space and still so accomodating
Please complete your travelogues fast. Waiting for the other part of the story.
Old 25th August 2009, 19:46   #22
BHPian

Nice travelogue. Hope u do not mind posting some more pictures.
Old 25th August 2009, 23:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Nice travelogue there Vinay. Waiting for the rest of it. Your black Linea looks awesome...
@Dreamdiesel: Thanks for your appreciation for Linea as well as for travelogue. Infact i should thank you for your two great travelogues on Ooty. That helped me a lot in my planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
I remember doing the same stretch on my 1.2 Palio long time back. We were 5 huge adults and the boot fully loaded. The 1st gear felt like overdrive! I couldn't dare to switch the AC on and risk descending backwards!
@Susshantr77: We were just 2 in Linea with Luggage. So it was fine and it was able to climb till bison valley point with AC. If my friends were there with me then, well I don;t want to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Nice writeup...thanks for sharing. Your Linea looks hot in black ! Kalhatti ghats are one of my favourite too. Going up is ok, but coming down punishes your brakes...you can smell the burning pads all the way down...yours and others!
@NIP: Thanks for your appreciation for Linea as well as for travelogue. Well we were not allowed to come down through the ghat. It was blocked by Ooty Police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
The black Linea looks amazing.Does it run equally fast as well ? Nice photos. Hope there are more
@amivalent: Thanks for appreciation. Well, other Linea Owners has taken it to 150+. So yes, it runs very well at high speed. and pics I will be adding more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
@ vinay.pillai - Nice write up there. Your Linea looks awesome, post more pics of the Linea pls.
@lloydofcochin: Thanks for your appreciation for Linea and for travelogue. I will be adding more but you can check the link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1443442

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Vinay, i must say Linea is a looker! no matter how you you look at it wont get bored
nice pics and writeup...
@lohithrao: Thanks for your appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Nice writeup
@nilanjanray: Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Linee looks great in black n then red n then grey n then..... It just looks great in every color. Waiting for more pics of the beauty!!
@neonwheels: Thanks for your appreciation for Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
I was there in Ooty too with family on 14th,15th & 16th and even dropped in at The Savoy a couple of times to meet up with fellow travellers since I could managee a booking only at Sterling on short notice. Don't recall seeing the Linea of the Elantra though. Sorry I did'nt plan better, could have met up with you guys and made it a threesome at least for some visits. BTW - Nice travelogue and pics Vinay !
@Kannan666: Thanks for your appreciation. Well we were there in Savoy and both Linea and Elantra were hardly taken out of Savoy parking. The best thing was, especially for my wife and yes Bobby's wife also, the film crew for Ravana (New Hindi movie by Mani Ratnam) was also staying at Savoy and wifeys met most of the stars including jr. AB, Vikram, Mani Ratnam, Prabu etc etc etc. And if you also joined us, then it would have been a team-bhp DHAMAKA. Well, we can plan something next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
That used to happen earlier. In fact there is a board when you enter the ghat section from Ooty, urging the drivers to use second or first gear while going down. Having driven in that stretch a few times, I would vouch for that. Even though I was driving a Corolla that can take those turns in 3rd, I preferred 2nd while going up because it gave me better control and no fear of stalling for what ever reason. While coming down it was only 2nd and at times first and use the brake only when required.

On another note I heard that this road is blocked for coming down from Ooty recently. Only local vehicles are allowed to come down and all vehicles are allowed to go up. Has that changed?

Nainar
@anainar: well we were not allowed to come down through ghat. So we came back through the longest way

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Did this stretch last month on my Linea, the route and the sorroundings are just breath taking! Vinay congrats on the faboulous looking linea, black sure looks different. Good luck and drive safe.
@luky_13: Thanks for your wishes and CONGRATS, you are the first one to explore the ghat on Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
ive done the stretch on my 1.2 palio and must say it was exhilarating.
congrats on ur buy.
@vinaydas: Thanks for your wishes, Vinay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I was doubting the claim.This confirms it.
Anyway good to know Linea did it. And more importantly, you guys enjoyed it !!
Well, i reframe my claim - FIRST BLACK LINEA FROM WHITEFIELD, BANGALORE TO CLIMB THE FAMOUS 36 HAIRPIN BENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Nice narration & pictures.
Waiting for more.
Thanks for your appreciation. Will be following with more Soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
The man in white shirt in your fourth pic greatly resembles an old friend of mine, Rajasekhar. Any chance?
@pjay_in: Well, its Bobby. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Great pics, especially the one with the car parked at the side and of course those of the greenery & hills.
Black cars look great in general and the Linea sure is a stunner.
@Abhay: Thanks for your appreciation for Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
hi vinay,
Beautiful pictures of your linea, looks great in black. The photo of the langur on the ORVM is funny. So little space and still so accomodating
Please complete your travelogues fast. Waiting for the other part of the story.
@Fordmanchau: Thanks for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Nice travelogue. Hope u do not mind posting some more pictures.
@akas_chauhan: Thanks, will be following it with more pics soon
Old 25th August 2009, 23:21   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

For once, the beauty of Ooty is totally eclipsed by the Italian beauty.

The Linea is simply fabulous looking!
Old 26th August 2009, 05:53   #25
BHPian

Hi Vinay,

Nice writeup. To say that the Linea looks awesome would be an understatement. Waiting for some more pics. Cheers!!
Old 26th August 2009, 07:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue and good pics as well. Though the title's definitely over the top
Old 26th August 2009, 07:25   #27
BHPian

Nice travelogue ..
Has anyone done the bandhipur > Mashnaguddi > Ooty road trip on a diesel linea ?
Wanted to know if he had to shift to 1st gear on those Hair pin bends or if the linea could pull on 2nd.

-Fillmore
Old 26th August 2009, 09:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post

Well, i reframe my claim - FIRST BLACK LINEA FROM WHITEFIELD, BANGALORE TO CLIMB THE FAMOUS 36 HAIRPIN BENTS

Maybe you can add the registration number too
Old 26th August 2009, 09:26   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

to take most of those hairpin bends properly and carefully one needs to shift to first gear - even in my Crde Scorpio this is true.
therefore with the linea diesel, which is frankly a tad under-powered, it is reasonable to expect that it would need to take those hairpin bends in 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Nice travelogue ..
Has anyone done the bandhipur > Mashnaguddi > Ooty road trip on a diesel linea ?
Wanted to know if he had to shift to 1st gear on those Hair pin bends or if the linea could pull on 2nd.

-Fillmore
Old 26th August 2009, 09:33   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
therefore with the linea diesel, which is frankly a tad under-powered, it is reasonable to expect that it would need to take those hairpin bends in 1st.
The scorpio is more powerful but weighs almost twice the linea which negates the bhp advantage. Only advantage is the RWD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks