Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 16:56   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
and there was this very depressed guy.
Haha! So, I didn't miss much of the action while I was catching my 40 winks then.

Quote:
then suddenly we realise that what goes up also needs to comedown and it was just very suddenly we see mclaren1885 hit the sand, yeah as he said he did have a landing now.
Here is Chandru's description after the landing event.

Chandru: Are you allright? Did you get hurt? Is it paining?
Me: Yeah a little bit, I think I landed on my right leg a little too hard.
Chandru: I was so scared when I saw you falling. I was fearing the worst.
Me: I didn't even realize I had gone up that high. Was it really that bad a fall? I thought I was just some 5 feet from the ground.
Chandru: No! You feel from like close to 20 feet. When you landed there was this loud "thud" sound. I was a good 10-15 feet away and it was so loud.
Me: Yeah? You are not kidding are you?
Chandru: No, I am serious. I was sure you must have broken your back, your leg, maybe more. Thank god you are not hurt.
Me: Now, I begin to check if really any part of my body is hurt and I haven't yet realized it .

Thankfully, I am ok. I just twisted a muscle, but at that moment the pain wasn't much.

Quote:
I perosnally thought he had broken something from the thud that i heard but he was up and running on full boost soon.
I still remember lying flat on the floor and for a few seconds no one came near me. I think you all were frozen on your feet seeing the landing.

Quote:
here he is featured on his way to get into something cleaner and drier.
Anup! You are soooooo dead when Anti-Hyundai reads this . I was actually hoping to give that pic a skip.

Quote:
yeah sriraj went back and scared and threathened the crap out of rahul so much that he had to run up this tower to continue his papparazzi activities
Haha! I wasn't scared. Didn't want to take a chance running around in case Sriraj chased me with the muscle twisted. So instead felt it was best to get some candid shots from top. And I do have a few.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

[quote=mclaren1885;1471992]Haha! So, I didn't miss much of the action while I was catching my 40 winks then.[\quote]

Quote:
Thankfully, I am ok. I just twisted a muscle, but at that moment the pain wasn't much.
but you were limping by the time we were walking around in the afternoon.

Quote:
I still remember lying flat on the floor and for a few seconds no one came near me. I think you all were frozen on your feet seeing the landing

in shock but still taking pictures.

Quote:
Anup! You are soooooo dead when Anti-Hyundai reads this . I was actually hoping to give that pic a skip.
he was challenging everyone to post the pic on the forum so he was asking for it !

Quote:
Haha! I wasn't scared. Didn't want to take a chance running around in case Sriraj chased me with the muscle twisted. So instead felt it was best to get some candid shots from top. And I do have a few.
Candid photos of what ?
Old 8th September 2009, 17:19   #33
BANNED

Quote:
but you were limping by the time we were walking around in the afternoon.
Yes! As the muscle started to get some rest, it became stiffer and the pain became worse on Monday morning. Now though I am fit enough to run.

Quote:
in shock but still taking pictures.
Haha!

Quote:
he was challenging everyone to post the pic on the forum so he was asking for it !
Old 8th September 2009, 17:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:

Candid photos of what ?
If only i could see sriraj's expression after seeing that pic and the comment.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:35   #35
BANNED

So I immediately run upstairs to protect myself from the wrath of anti-hyundai . Here he is trying to tell the other guys "From now onwards, we aren't going to invite salesman to any trips".

He thinks I can't hear him say this, but I hurt my leg, not my razor sharp ears!
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63841.jpg

Since I still haven't shown you guys where we hit the sack, here is a sneak peek.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63751.jpg

The car that created all the fuss.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64081.jpg

We then freshen up and decide to head to the temple "after" eating breakfast. Normally one goes to the temple and then eats. But Rajeev having done all the hard work can't wait that long.

On our way we find this.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64101.jpg

We land up at the Shore temple and I find out that my DSLR is not working properly. The AF has gone bust and I am unable to focus. I didn't want this to dampen my spirit, so trying not to crib much, I put the lens to manual focus and start shooting.

The beautiful shore temple.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64121.jpg

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64311.jpg

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64411.jpg

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64511.jpg

Somehow I just love this pic.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64211.jpg

I spent a lot of time trying to get the manual focusing right. Sriraj and Anup have some nice pics of the temple.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

The last pic is simply awesome.

Would have been even beautiful if it had no people. just my opinion. And, I know I expect tooo much
Old 8th September 2009, 18:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car that created all the fuss.
yeah sure this car was for sure the star of the meet . here is a prelude to somethingthat you can expect in the coming posts ...
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_6407-large.jpg

Quote:
We then freshen up and decide to head to the temple "after" eating breakfast. Normally one goes to the temple and then eats. But Rajeev having done all the hard work can't wait that long

all the climbing and bad thoughts had given him quite a healthy appetite and the Idlis , vada , dosas and puri certainly did him good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post

Would have been even beautiful if it had no people. just my opinion. And, I know I expect tooo much
This is one place which i have seen to open regularly at 0630 hrs so if ur an early bird you can get photos without the people but on a weekend and at the time there is not a remote chance of this happening.

here are some more pictures of the temple.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p1060725-large.jpg
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p1060729-large.jpg

and in between i did notice the Anti-hyundai to be sticking out his tongue / licking his lips on seeing somethings , i really would like to know from hims what it was that made him do that ...
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p1060726-large.jpg
Old 8th September 2009, 18:41   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post

I think the likes of Rudra should be able to PS it and make it look exactly the way you want it, without any people. I still am learning the art of photography, so can't be of much help on this regard. Like Anup mentioned the place was extremely crowded. Infact, I nearly waited for 5 mins for the people to clear up. This is one shot I got with the least amount of traffic.

Quote:
and in between i did notice the Anti-hyundai to be sticking out his tongue / licking his lips on seeing somethings
Me thinks it was this .

"Dont cha wish you knew someone who was smart like me
Dont cha wish you knew someone who is a freak like me
Dont cha, dont cha"

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc020521.jpg

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th September 2009 at 18:47.
Old 8th September 2009, 19:13   #39
BHPian

here are the pics of the temples tried to take without any humans

PS: My backside looks pretty good
Attached Thumbnails
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02026.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02030.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02033.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02036.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02037.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02041.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02042.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02046.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02050.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02053.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02055.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02066.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02091.jpg  

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02077.jpg  

Last edited by raj.barcode : 8th September 2009 at 19:14.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:18   #40
BANNED

We get done with the Shore temple and next in the list is to visit the Five Ratha's.

The view from the entry gate.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64581.jpg

A close up view.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64591.jpg

Rajeev gets full excited on seeing the lion. He goes.

"Naane Simha! The true metrosexual. Can anyone else have the guts to drive a boat and wear pink"?
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64621.jpg

Satya has other plans. Throughout the journey he is singing praises about his Elantra and making fun of the Getz along with Anti-Hyundai. Since it was now time to prove his words, that his is better than Rajeev's.

Nodadra? Nimkinta nande doddadu (roughly translates, mine is bigger than yours). I am the true metrosexual. You can wear a pink banian, look at me, I can wear a full PINK T. Can you?
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64671.jpg

Before I realize its the battle of married men trying to pose for mine is bigger/better than yours.

Notice Satya, he refuses to pose until I give him my glasses. Why? Because the other two are wearing one. War of words continues between Satya & Rajeev, Anup intervenes in between to prevent them from killing each other. These kids I tell you.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64631.jpg

There are many firangs around, really hot ones. Married men are all J that I am getting to click their pics while these guys are fighting over whose is bigger/better.

So Anti-hyundai and youdarenotabusemycar decide to take pics. I am a nice guy, so oblige to pose for a shot.

One of the bums managed to capture the sand, but ate of the lion's head. My guess is, its got to be Rajeev, he is the one who is always hungry .
Name:  IMG_64651.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  226.8 KB

So I quietly wait for all these guys to clear out so that I can click some nice pics of these beautiful creatures.

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64681.jpg

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64731.jpg

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64691.jpg

Then, Satya still adamant to prove his is bigger decides to pose with the big mamba.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64781.jpg
Old 8th September 2009, 20:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

nice narration mate. seems like you are enjoying yourself in the travelogue section.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:25   #42
BANNED

Rajeev enjoys being the centre of attraction. Literally.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64811.jpg

We all (save anti-hyundai) decide to pose for one group photo. Notice how the background is people free with just us Hyundai lovers posing .
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc020821.jpg

Anti-hyundai who is feeling left out from the camaraderie decides to set his cam on timer and makes a run for his life. Since Skoda Tdi is a lot slower than an Elantra & Getz he doesn't make it on time.

We all know Skoda looks better than Hyundai cars, so he brings along some fans to watch him as well .
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc020851.jpg

Thank you for the profile pic Sriraj. Ain't I looking smart? lol.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc020791.jpg

So I wait for all the animals to clear out so that I can take this wonderful pic.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64831.jpg

Soon, we all are hungry and head out to Moonrakers for lunch.
Old 8th September 2009, 23:41   #43
BANNED

I was a bit apprehensive when I heard Moonrakers is known for its sea food. I had stopped eating sea food since I was 12. In the last 12yrs I have tasted sea food maybe 3-4 times.

The entrance to Moonrakers, the place looks nice. But I am praying I get some good chicken to eat.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64911.jpg

This is the view that greets us. Eeww! All that stink I say to myself.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64881.jpg

Tiger prawns.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p10700201.jpg

Tava fry.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p10700221.jpg

I don't know what went wrong with me, but honestly the food looked very yummy. So I said "What the heck! Let me try sea food". I first try the tiger prawns and I loved it. Then I tried every sea food dish that was laid out on the table and by the end of it I was fighting for the fish .

My mom will be so proud of this pic, thats me digging into some prawns. God, I haven't eaten this much sea food in the last 12yrs. Thanks guys, for the lovely gourmet.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p10700251.jpg

See the relief on Satya's face after he got some grass to eat.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64891.jpg

We are done with lunch and a dreaded feeling sinks in. We are going back to our rooms, to pack up and leave this wonderful place. Anup has been a wonderful host. Its been a wonderful trip. I have thoroughly enjoyed it, so have everyone.
Old 9th September 2009, 00:17   #44
BANNED

All is not over yet. The show off (Rajeev) has another trick up his sleeve to impress one and all here. He wants to shoot his car on the beach. So we decide to help him gain more popularity with his car on TBHP and end up with this.

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64941.jpg

After several failed attempts Rajeev gives up.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64951.jpg

We decide to go in search of another beach. In the meantime Rajeev & Sriraj disappear and head back towards the resort. Anup & myself go out looking for a nice beach where we can drive our cars and eventually we find one. But Getzwallah refuses to come. He wants to take a nap now after all that intake of sea food.

The cars had to clear this, which IMO was quite manageable.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64961.jpg

And get onto this. Look how smooth the surface is. Perfect for cars.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64971.jpg

We head back to bring the boys back, but they are not in mood to go out again. So we all pack up our bags and the plan is to leave by around 3:30pm. As we transport all our baggage to the cars, we get a call. We are now going to have a cheap guest visit us from Chennai. It seems he is a fan of Rajeev . We scare him saying he is being stalked. He tries to run away, but can't. Cheap guest is firm about coming over to check out Rajeev's getz. So we wait and finally another black monster appears from the horizon.

Since we all were in a hurry, we decided to take a few quick pics and call it a day.

Presenting to you, the Hyundai torque monsters.

See how even the clouds and the sun have gone into hiding
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_65101.jpg
Old 9th September 2009, 00:48   #45
BHPian

nice pics and great narration man.Well you guys surely had a blast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks