Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 01:10   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
The Goodbye's are always the hardest to say!

So with a heavy heart we all begin the dreaded journey back home. I can't describe in words how painful it was to leave such a wonderful place.

A few aerial shots of the place we stayed at.
Name:  IMG_63861.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  295.3 KB

The cottage we were supposed to take. Sigh!
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63891.jpg

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_64051.jpg

This is where Anup heads back to after work . How lucky can one be?
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_62992.jpg

As we head towards the car, this wonderful sight gets further and further away.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63012.jpg

And further away.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63062.jpg

Until all that is left is this wonderful last sight of the cottage.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63042.jpg

We bid our goodbye's to Anup and our cheap guest Jayanth aka ph03n!x. Jayanth, it was wonderful meeting you, pity we couldn't stay for longer and spend some time.

Anup, thanks a ton for the lovely host you have been. This lovely weekend would not have been possible without your brilliant hospitality. We all thoroughly enjoyed it at Silver Sands. Hopefully, I shall be back soon with a few more friends to this wonderful place.

The drive back to Bangy was uninspiring, boring and uneventful. Rajeev dropped me to BTM Layout, I caught a Volvo from there at 10:30pm and got back home (Hebbal) around 11:15pm.

I am a bigger fan of Volvo buses now . Their RPM meter shows a max rpm of 3,000. But the limiter is set to 1,500 rpm from 3rd gear onwards. For the 1st two gears the limiter is at 700 rpm and its an autobox. These Volvo drivers are extremely talented, one must see them making their way around traffic. Its shocking, at most turns I assumed the bus would have to be reversed to make the turn but nope. First the front end just turns, then the rear end miraculously just follows suit. Imagine going from BTM to Hebbal in 45 mins with two stops of 5 mins each at BTM depot and Double Road.

Its truly been a torquey weekend!
Old 9th September 2009, 03:27   #47
BANNED

@ Everybody: Thanks for the appreciation guys.

@ Brraj, raj.barcode, cmiuc, hellstar: I might be out of town for the next couple of days. I have finished my bit, now time for you guys to post the pics. Also let me apologize for nicking some of your pics, just to make my story complete .

You guys were just amazing. Wish we can do more such trips in the near future. All those guys who missed out, better make it to the next one.
Old 9th September 2009, 08:36   #48
BHPian

I expected some Team BHP stickers on the cars
Old 9th September 2009, 09:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
I think for that matter we were a discreet bunch , i do have some discreet stickering on my number plates but thats very understated , thats the way i like it .
Old 9th September 2009, 10:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rahul, Thanks. I received the photgraph. Its amazing. Tell you what its going to stay with me for a long time. Thanks again.
Old 9th September 2009, 11:31   #51
BHPian

Rahul , hey man nice report, i have read all your travelogues, really enjoy the narration, not that the photos are bad, they are equally impressive.I think the rest of gang would put in details from their end. Cheers!
Old 9th September 2009, 12:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

great travelogue and some really cool photos!

cheers
Old 9th September 2009, 12:48   #53
BHPian

Rahul,
Did you climb trees or something :P . How did you take those ariel shots???

Shyam
Old 9th September 2009, 13:12   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
I have the old gen stickers on my Baleno. I don't like putting up these new huge stickers on my car. Since I hardly use the swift for any of the meets I don't run any stickers on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hey Rahul, Thanks. I received the photgraph. Its amazing. Tell you what its going to stay with me for a long time. Thanks again.
No problemo Pervez! I am glad you liked the pic. Do let me know if you need more hi-res pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
i have read all your travelogues
I am flattered . Actually, the travelogue section is my favourite section on the forum. My life has been one long travelogue and I hope I can continue to add to these over the years. Often I come back and re-live some of those wonderful moments here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Rahul,
Did you climb trees or something :P . How did you take those ariel shots???
You think after humpty dumpty had a great fall, I would try any such stunts? I just climbed the steps to the frame work that had the rock climbing wall and started shooting. Here, this is where I was.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p10607111.jpg

The boys are hoping I am going to crash land from there too. See how eagerly they are clicking pics not wanting to miss out on the action this time.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:41   #55
BHPian

Hey Rahul, How was the fall? Read that you fell from a height of of 18ft? Hope everything is fine now?
Old 9th September 2009, 17:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Rahul, How was the fall? Read that you fell from a height of of 18ft? Hope everything is fine now?
he is fine had pain for a couple of days but he is up and running .... fall was swift and efficient terminated by a thud - very sickening thud at that . and then the picture was taken ..

I should believe that he liked the falling part , the only part he did not like was the part where he "landed" wrong
Old 10th September 2009, 12:33   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
he is fine had pain for a couple of days but he is up and running .... fall was swift and efficient terminated by a thud - very sickening thud at that . and then the picture was taken ..

I should believe that he liked the falling part , the only part he did not like was the part where he "landed" wrong
Hell Star, or is it Anup, since you were there viewing it live which part did you enjoy the falling part or the landing thud, jokes apart i think it is a blessing that he has fallen from almost 18 feet and not having any broken bones.

Are you from Kerala, there were some references of a Fake Mallu in between but never enumerated. I have seem some of the posts that made
Old 10th September 2009, 16:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hell Star, or is it Anup, since you were there viewing it live which part did you enjoy the falling part or the landing thud, jokes apart i think it is a blessing that he has fallen from almost 18 feet and not having any broken bones.

Are you from Kerala, there were some references of a Fake Mallu in between but never enumerated. I have seem some of the posts that made

yeah , hellstar , anoop ( not anup ) Fake mallu all myself, but on the forum lets try to stick to hellstar ain't that the objective of the Handle.

True that mclaren1885 is definitley a lucky guy ...

Last edited by hellstar : 10th September 2009 at 16:33.
Old 10th September 2009, 17:08   #59
Senior - BHPian

some more ....to sign off

ok here are some more moments from the Time these rocking fellas spent at mahabalipuram.

At the temple, satya was wondering why cant this guy wear a decent full t- shirt like me , move away your're embarrassing me with your proximity and then the photo was taken - chi go away dont come near !
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc02027-large.jpg

Since it was almost noon and the chennai sun was at its full glory, we all decided to have some tender coconuts see the conversation that ensued

I have the biggest coconut
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p1060732-large.jpg

No mine is see, ok let me see it , i will confirm. vbox testing
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p1060733-large.jpg

Oh jezzz this is kewl look someones giving us a destroyed coconut !
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p1060734-large.jpg

oh well someone did pay up for all the tender coconuts built they were a real treat in all that heat and humidity. Those mangoes with salt and chillies also tasted heavenly !

After this we went to the caves and the light house , but since all the actions in the day was very tiring , we just went and sat on a rock in the shade and rested ourselves. Where our Anti-hyundai tries out some relaxing postures on the merciless stone surface based on come recent inspiration he drew while having the tender coconuts.

The inspiration
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p1070002-large.jpg

The implementation
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p1070006-large.jpg
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p1070005-large.jpg

Here see for yourself , somehow i get the feeling that all was not well from the mornings adventure with rahul and his rush to the room to get things right

And this is what happened on the other side of the camera
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p1060735-large.jpg

One more picture of the temple
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p1050197_fhdr-large.jpg

And here is the last line up before we all dispersed
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p1070051_2-large.jpg

Phoenix thank you very much for turning up at such short notice .. would have loved to have you with us through out the meet.
Old 11th September 2009, 09:36   #60
BHPian

THE END of Movie Mahab's with the BHPian spirit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks