Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2009, 18:31   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!

It all started off from our Yercaud travelogue thread. Hellstar invites us over to the resort he is staying at Mahab's for a weekend. Sounds really nice and very tempting, so I am wondering how to convince the boys to be prepared for it during the 3rd or last weekend of this month and be ready with an excuse to give to their better half's by then.

Come Friday morning, I get a SMS from Hellstar that woke me up. What time are you guys going to reach, it reads. I am guessing, there has been a mistake somewhere, so I ask Anup if he sent the message by mistake. I get a reply from him saying, I am told you are coming to Mahab's tomorrow. Thats news to me. I am just now finding out from Anup that I am going to Mahab's tomorrow, so was checking your travel schedule. What the heck *scratching my head* ! So I make a few calls, only to find out that I am indeed going to Mahab's the coming day . I have such amazing friends, they know me so well that they confirm on my behalf even without asking me.

So its taken all of 15 seconds for Rajeev to plan up the whole meet and confirm without asking any of us. That is how meets are arranged in this part of town I am told these days.

So cmiuc plus 3 friends, shyamcrdi, brraj, raj.barcode, myself are all set to leave on Saturday afternoon. Make a few quick calls to Kb and Tadu. Tadu says, he is not sure and will be able to tell only at the last minute. So when Tadu says he is not sure, one can take it for granted that he will make it at the last minute . I am really looking forward to this trip. Its been a while since we have been on a long trip. As the departure moment nears, Tadu and Shyam say they wont be making it. I know the trip is going to be a lot less fun without these two.

So as usual, holding up TBHP tradition we all arrive at Rajeev's office a "little" late. Plan was to leave @ 3pm. Time now is 5pm and we are still at Rajeev's office waiting for Satya. lol. Rajeev's impatience gets the better of him and we decide to head off and meet Satya at A2B.

On our way, we see a blue Elantra. Its none other than prabhuav. We invite him too, but he is busy and can't make it either. However, he does pose for a snap and zooms away.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_62821.jpg

Now the big question is, which route do we take? The normal traffic filed route to Hosur or this tiny little secret road Rajeev has heard about. As usual, given how impatient he is, we decide to take the less known route. 1.5hrs later we are still trying to find our way out from the mess Rajeev has put us into. Innumerable number of lefts, rights, U-turns, asking for directions, some weirdly named trees has landed us to nowhere. We are bunch of confused souls who have no clue where we are. Even before we began this battle of finding the shorter route, I made a comment saying, if we get this wrong Satya would surely be reaching ahead of us to A2B inspite of he having left an hour late.

At the end of it all, the outcome is, we headed back into town and took the old route we should have stuck to in the first place. To add insult to the wounds, Satya calls up and says "Should I wait for you guys to reach A2B or can I finish eating and meet you guys at Mahab's".

We reach A2B some 20 mins after Satya has reached. Tadu is worried why the Getz still hasn't reached A2B because he knows we left nearly 1.5hrs before Satya did. When Satya says, Tadu wants to talk to you, I am half expecting he is going to say "See you guys @ A2B in a bit".

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 7th September 2009 at 18:41.
Old 7th September 2009, 19:03   #2
BANNED

I am a little disappointed when Tadu' says he wont be making it. I was counting on him to give me company so that a certain someone doesn't feel left out. I am told, it would be totally inappropriate to talk about it publicly on the forum, given the new rules. So I am stuck with 5 teetotalers and one fake mallu (Anup) .

So we take our own sweet time to hog at A2B and head off from there at 9pm.

The drive is pretty uneventful except for once when Satya decided to give the Getz an inferiority complex. The Getz and the Elantra chug along soaking up every mile effortlessly. Discussions in the Getz range from cars to completely censored topics for the audience here. Amidst all this, we just found out the one topic that excites Rajeev the most and makes him blabber like a 10yr old, he is normally a quiet guy otherwise.

The talks get so exciting that we forget to capture a pic of Rajeev's odo clocking 1000kms. By the time I realized it was:
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_62861.jpg

In the meantime Anup is constantly in touch with us finding out where we are and how long it would take for us to get there. We had asked him to pick up some chicken starters to give us company for the Pepsi's and Coke's I had picked up. We were supposed to have reached Mahab's at around 8pm, or so was the itinerary. Its nearly 11:30pm now and we are still somewhere on the GQ. Weird, disappointing thoughts start entering our heads. We are wondering if Anup will be able to resist the smell of all the chicken starters and yet keep his hands away from them . What if nothing is left by the time we get there? Rajeev immediately decides to pick up pace. Not because we are way behind schedule, but because he wants atleast a tiny bite of the chicken pieces.

We pass Sri Perambadur, I am wondering how was the action on track that evening. Suddenly, I remember the track days. Sigh!

We reach Old Mahabalipuram Road that connects to ECR, only to find out that there is a silver Verna parked on the side of the road waiting for us. Anup has traveled this far just to make sure we don't kill ourselves on some blinding turns that end up in a lake. He is a very sweet guy I tell you.

Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_62871.jpg

So all three cars chug along for a short drive of 17kms on the ECR until we hit Silversands beach resort.
Old 7th September 2009, 19:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post

Now the big question is, which route do we take? The normal traffic filed route to Hosur or this tiny little secret road Rajeev has heard about. As usual, given how impatient he is, we decide to take the less known route. 1.5hrs later we are still trying to find our way out from the mess Rajeev has put us into. Innumerable number of lefts, rights, U-turns, asking for directions, some weirdly named trees has landed us to nowhere. We are bunch of confused souls who have no clue where we are. Even before we began this battle of finding the shorter route, I made a comment saying, if we get this wrong Satya would surely be reaching ahead of us to A2B inspite of he having left an hour late.
from brraj's office in whitefield the easiest way for you guys to get on the hosur road would have been through varathur . none of this rigmarole would have happened.

oh god i was sincerely hoping that you would not post that pic , the the dirtiest picture of my car , on the forum till date ... i'll explain the fake mallu part when the report gets to the right place ...

At the speeds shown in the picture i am sure you guys would have had to deal with two very flooded car , for guys who are familiar with the route , this is the road which connects Kelambakkam to Kovalam on ECR.

Last edited by hellstar : 7th September 2009 at 19:18. Reason: updates..
Old 7th September 2009, 19:10   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
from brraj's office in whitefield the easiest way for you guys to get on the hosur road
You won't believe if I said Rajeev's office is around 1km from Bannerghatta Road Shoppers stop. So you can imagine how badly lost we were .

Quote:
none of this rigmarole would have happened.
No! Next time, one must NOT leave Satya and disappear. I bet his cursings are what led to this.

Quote:
oh god i was sincerely hoping that you would not post that pic , the the dirtiest picture of my car , on the forum till date .
How could I not? It was so sweet of you to come lead us the way for us from so far. Just returning the favour you know .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 7th September 2009 at 19:13.
Old 7th September 2009, 19:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
from brraj's office in whitefield the easiest way for you guys to get on the hosur road would have been through varathur . none of this rigmarole would have happened.
Stuff like that makes for interesting reading.
Old 7th September 2009, 19:48   #6
BANNED

Silver Sands is a beautiful place. I remember seeing a pic of the resort on their website a few days back, but in reality its even more wonderful than I had imagined. We reached at nearly 1am. Anup had actually booked a cottage with an attached pool for us, but on knowing we were 6 of us moved us to a single cottage with two separate rooms.

We just dumped all our bags in the room and headed straight to the dining table by the beach. A couple of hours over some cold drinks, some tasty starters was what we all had in mind. The next few hours were really funny. We had Anup reveal a fact that made me wonder his true lineage. Then we had Sriraj (who shall be referred to as Anti-Hyundai from now on ) refuse to have a bottoms up competition with Pepsi. Rajeev stuck to limiting his Pepsi intake with just half a glass. He is seriously taking to running-in his health and his Getz properly. Within a few minutes, all the starters have disappeared. We all turn towards Anup wondering if he has indeed eaten up most part of it waiting for us to reach there.

Rajeev wants more chicken, Satya (pure veggie) is feeling left out as there is nothing for him to eat and is praying we don't get anything to eat either . Not even leaves and grass can be found anywhere as we are on the beach. So with hungry stomachs we then decide to head closer to the water and relax for a while. I can't remember how long we stayed there, but the weather was really nice.

A group photo taken at 3:30am.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_62911.jpg
L:R- Satya's friend, cmiuc (Satya), hellstar (anup), raj.barcode (anti-hyundai), chandru, brraj (Rajeev) and yours truly behind the lens. In brackets are the names the above mentioned people shall be referred to as in the rest of the thread.

We then got back to the rooms to take our forty winks around 4am. Plan was to wake up at 6am and go the beach. Yeah right!

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 7th September 2009 at 19:57.
Old 7th September 2009, 20:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am waiting for the pictures next day for the heads to start rollin ! Starting with the collapse of the elaborate plans that were made at uneartly hours for spending the next day ....

Last edited by hellstar : 7th September 2009 at 20:38. Reason: better ?
Old 7th September 2009, 23:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey hey!! Wherez the next day's shots??!
Old 8th September 2009, 00:15   #9
BANNED

The next morning, I woke up around 7am thanks to Rajeev. Had a quick shower and rushed off to search for the rest. Actually, everyone else had woken up at 6am *another Bangy tbhp first* and headed to the beach. I joined them at 7:30am. So the rest of the boys shall update on what happened at the beach while I was catching my 40 winks.

The shower for me was one of the best highlights of this trip. And here is why.

It was an open shower. 15mins under the shower with cold water made me feel I was in some other world.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_62951.jpg

So I got out to these sights.

Disclaimer: The events depicted from now on are extremely fictitious. Any similarity to any person living is merely coincidental.

Chandru trying his hand at some "Look dude's, I am a bird".
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63101.jpg

Rajeev climbs up and yells "Anti-hyundai should apologize to all the negative comments he made about my car, if not I shall jump and commit suicide" .
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63131.jpg

Sriraj, is a nice guy, so he immediately RUNS to the rescue.
Name:  IMG_63141.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  175.4 KB

See the look on Rajeev's face once Sriraj apologized. Sriraj is trying to convince Rajeev not to take his criticism too seriously. Its like a guy trying to patao a girl after he has made her angry. lol.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63181.jpg

Sriraj tries to shoot me (since I instigate the scene above) while Rajeev is looking for a new way to get anti-hyundai to say sorry to him again .
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63291.jpg

Sriraj is unaware of whats happening behind his back. Discretely Rajeev begins his climb.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63321.jpg

"Spider man, spider man" he says to himself. We all are wondering if only he had a mask, a red-pant he would surely be spidey! Right now, he is just a wannabe.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63351.jpg

Notice Sriraj on his knees, trying to convince Rajeev not to jump. He entices Rajeev by saying he will put all his architectural knowledge to use and click a fantastic shot of Rajeev that he can use for his dubaarashaadi.com entry.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63401.jpg

Rajeev falls for it and comes back safely.

Then yours truly decides to try his hand at rock climbing. People would call me biased if I were to describe the next set of events myself. So I shall hand it over to our tame cameramen Sriraj and Anup who captured some pics of me in action. Over to you guys.
Old 8th September 2009, 02:40   #10
BANNED

Heard of the phrase "Yeh dil maange more"? Rajeev has still not had enough of his blackmails.

This time he threatens to hang himself .
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc019971.jpg

Yours truly, doing what he is best at. Instigating people and capturing proof of events. Heard of being at the right place at the right time?
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc020041.jpg

This is how I repay my friends. One is trying to kill himself, other is trying to save him. Instead of trying to help both of them, I am thinking about the fame I am going to get on tonight's news.

Aaj ki mukhya samachar. "Man kills himself, after his friend insulted his car". A step by step account of the events. These pics are brought to you by one and only.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc020071.jpg
Yaay! I am going to be famous tonight. My mug shot is going to come on national TV, I tell myself. Brave photographer captures pics without batting an eyelid.

Sriraj has had enough by now. He says "Enough Rajeev! If you don't stop this I shall kill you myself"
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63171.jpg

The resort incharge is getting worried with all the commotion. He comes to find out whats happening. In the meantime, Anup is trying to slowly escape out of the resort. He doesn't want to be involved amidst this heinous turn out of events. He has had enough of running around the courts this year, he doesn't want more than what he can chew.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-dsc019951.jpg

While all this is happening, Satya, Chandru and his friend are trying to decide who gets possession of Rajeev's getz in one corner of the resort.
Old 8th September 2009, 03:12   #11
BANNED

By now Rajeev realizes his drama is not going to work anymore. So he decides to peace out and leave Sriraj alone.

So tired, we all decide to have breakfast instead. So head to the dining table.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63431.jpg

On finding out everything is sorted out, Anup re-joins us. Satya disappointed that he won't be getting custody of Rajeev's Getz has decided to not be a part of this shoot.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63521.jpg

Just to show what a good human being I am. Care more about the street dog, than a friends life .
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63661.jpg

We decide to head to the beach so that everyone can be 10yr olds again and play in the water.

The entry to the resort from the beach side.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63711.jpg

Turn right and. Notice the structure on the extreme left, extending right into the sea?
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63701.jpg

A zoomed pic of the shore temple.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-p10607071.jpg

This is the view that greets us on making a 180 deg turn.
Mahab's: A Bangy "quick meet" turns into a super fun weekend!-img_63671.jpg
Old 8th September 2009, 06:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Amazing shots! The "view that greets us on making a 180 deg turn" is postcard perfect!
Old 8th September 2009, 08:59   #13
BHPian

Nice pics Mclaren1885. How come only Rajeev is on all the walls and ropes and no one else?
Old 8th September 2009, 09:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
This is the view that greets us on making a 180 deg turn.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...img_6367-1.jpg
Best pics of the lot.

Continue the log, why waiting?
Old 8th September 2009, 09:29   #15
BHPian

great pics ! and nice story to spice up
kri$hna is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks