Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 21:07   #31
BHPian

Hi Dushmish,

Please vist the following link to post comments between the pictures:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...-team-bhp.html (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)

cheers!
IRISH
Old 29th September 2009, 23:24   #32
BHPian

Shrinagar

It was a dream come true for both of us to be on the road to Shrinagar. Having heard so much about the lovely place we always wanted to visit Shrinagar. We were never sure, given the political condition, if we will be able to go to Shrinagar.

On way to Shrinagar we crossed the districts of Doda, Kupwada, Anantnag and block of Pampore (known for Saffron). Cannot explain the excitement we experienced. The first feel of Shrinagar was like that of Ajmer or Bhopal. We drove through a Sunday Haat to reach the famous Lal Chowk. Got a few pics clicked. We were getting stares for some reason. May be the excitement on our faces was too much.

I had read a lot about Adhoos (a famous Wazwan restaurant). So we had lunch at Adhoos. To our surprise we were the only two customers they had on that Sunday afternoon. On asking we were told it was due to Ramazan. We savoured a delicious meal of Kashmiri Shaak (Spinach) and Paneer Chaman (cooked Wazwan style). Not had better vegeterian food ever. No exaggerations!

Then we drove to the famous Dal lake. The first sight was a let down. Refer pictures. Then as we drove along the lake, we saw more of it. It is a large lake. The perimeter would be more than 25 km. We drove for 20 km along it.

Stopped at Nishat Garden. The garden is so beautiful that words fail me and pictures cannot do justice to what we saw. One has to see to it to beleive it. I will not even attempt to describe it. It was undoubtdly the most beautiful sight we saw during the trip.

We were too tempted to stop to see Shalimar Garden and Chashme Shahi. But we decided to drive on to Kargil. It took us 40 minute to find our way to the highway. It was 2:00 pm by the time we were on the highway. The plan was to reach Kargil and spend the night.

1 - Highway to Shrinagar
2 - The official language is Urdu. Urdu hoardings.
3 - Lovely tree lined road
4 - Can you believe this, this is in the valley.
5 - Lal Chowk
6 - First view of Dal. Dying this lake is.
7 - Lots of house boats but no business.
8 - More house boats sans biz.
9 - View of Dal
10 - Another view of the lake
Attached Thumbnails
Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4427-copy.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4428-copy.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4430-copy.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4432-copy.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4445.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4452.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4453.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4457.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4458.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4465.jpg  

Last edited by dushmish : 29th September 2009 at 23:37.
Old 30th September 2009, 12:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pics. wish you could have included your Dzire in some of the pics.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ahh Great HVK, so the Chittaurgarh Bypass is finally open, Bet it cuts the trip time down to a further 30 mnts.

@Dushmish:- To add comments in between the photos do the following

1. upload photos using the manage attachment icon below the space where u writing your travelogue.

2. Write a comment regarding the photo.

3. Get the cursor just below the comment where u want to post the related photo.

4. click on the down arrow button next to the attachment icon (the clip icon) located on the top of the space where you typing. On clicking it will display all the photos that have been uploaded. Choose the photo you want to attach with the comment and click on it. The photo will appear there.

5. Any photo that has not been chosen withing texts will appear right in the end of the post.

Hope this will help. I thought i read a tutorial on this somewhere on Tbhp, but can not find it.

Regards
Old 30th September 2009, 13:42   #35
BHPian

Chittorgarh byepass is an amazing design. It is like the AIMS interchange (Delhi) magnified.

Thanks Deky, I tried doing it last night for some reason the laptop refused thrice. Shall try it today again.

Here you go Goandude with the only pictue of Object of Dzire that I clicked till we entered Zozi La. More will pour in as it get dirtier.
Attached Thumbnails
Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-leh20110.jpg  

Old 30th September 2009, 15:23   #36
BHPian

Hello,

Superb travelogue in one of the most desired route and I am happy to see the first photo of Dzire. Wish you could take some more photos of Dzire with some good scenic background. I think this is the 1st Dzire which is doing this stretch(at least in T-BHP), I am not sure of any other friends doing in Dzire. Great going and keep us posted. Be careful on the drive.

All the best.
Old 30th September 2009, 22:28   #37
BHPian

Nishat Garden

Some picture from Nishat Garden.
Attached Thumbnails
Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4469.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4470.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4471.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4473.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4475.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4476.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4483.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4487.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4497.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4499.jpg  

Old 1st October 2009, 09:53   #38
BHPian

Beyond Shrinagar

The actual journey began after Shrinagar. There was a lot of thrill being in Shrinagar. Some fear as well. Once we started from Shrinagar around 2:00 pm, the beautiful Himalays welcomed us.

Near Kangan we had the first glimpse of the mighty Sindhu river. Oh! what a feeling it was to be driving alongside a river which we have al studied a lot about. We took a quick break, it was too difficult to resist the temptation of spending a few minutes by the river.

The drive was very scenic.

I crossed the river on a wooden bridge which was moving up and down with every step I took.
Attached Thumbnails
Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4506.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4508.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4511.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4513.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4516.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4523.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4510.jpg  

Heading to the Himalayas: Journey to top of the world. EDIT: Videos added!-dscn4507.jpg  

Old 1st October 2009, 11:26   #39
BHPian

Hi Dushmish - It was great to have met you at Leh and doing the K'La drive together with us (myself & rkbharat) in my Scorpio. Lovely travelogue with some great photos. Looking forward to the next part of travelogue and the next set of photos.

Cheers,
Rohit
Old 1st October 2009, 13:13   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AarEmm View Post
Hi Dushmish - It was great to have met you at Leh and doing the K'La drive together with us (myself & rkbharat) in my Scorpio. Lovely travelogue with some great photos. Looking forward to the next part of travelogue and the next set of photos.

Cheers,
Rohit
Hey Rohit! Good to hear from you. How was your journey back? Via Manali? Where is your travelogue? Pics?

Cheers!
Dushyant
Old 1st October 2009, 15:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dushyant, Great start to a travelogue. I saw a your white Dzire heading towards the Manali Road on while returning from fuel bunk. HVK also told me about your feat. Congrats man!!!
Old 1st October 2009, 16:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hey dushmish are you dhas manush great to read about your journey.Keep posting and happy driving
Old 1st October 2009, 16:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey Dushyant, Great start to a travelogue. I saw a your white Dzire heading towards the Manali Road on while returning from fuel bunk. HVK also told me about your feat. Congrats man!!!
Thanks Milecruncher! The Dzire wasn't white by the time we reached Leh. It was all in dust and mud.
Old 1st October 2009, 17:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Thanks Milecruncher! The Dzire wasn't white by the time we reached Leh. It was all in dust and mud.
Well your White had become black and but then my Black Bolero had become white as well
Old 1st October 2009, 17:41   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Hey Rohit! Good to hear from you. How was your journey back? Via Manali? Where is your travelogue? Pics?

Cheers!
Dushyant
@Dushyant - Yes, we came back via Manali. Day-1 did Leh to Manali and Day-2 did Manali to Gurgaon. Rohtang stretch was the worst section of the entire trip. Rajeev aka rkbharat is writing the travelogue on BCM Touring site.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks