Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 01:42   #61
Team-BHP Support

Amazing pictures, esp. the snow clad ones and the car holding on ! Hope there was no issues with snow covered roads.
Old 6th October 2009, 04:25   #62
BHPian

Stunning Pics, Great to see the Dzires journey to the peaks
JAI HIND
Old 6th October 2009, 10:28   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Good write-up and pics dude. Hope you enjoyed the trip!. How many Kms in total?
We did 6400 km in total. Mumbai - Leh - Leh. The dates were 11th Sep to 22nd Sep. Including a 2 day break at Jaipur on my way back.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:14   #64
BHPian

Wow!!! Excellent Pictures and a great experience. Driving a Dzire in those conditions must be a real thrill A good Travelogue also
Old 6th October 2009, 21:12   #65
BHPian

Thanks KKraj, Bhargava, Ampere, Lordofgondor and Vijay.

Rajeev, yes we left from where we shook hands at Chang La. I know we missed the Manali route but there is always a next time.

I do miss driving on snow. The thrill of skidding of the cliff is the best part. LOL.

Am defiitely doing the Spiti loop next year. Lets decide it then, to it in snow (april) or water (july) or dust (june).
Old 8th October 2009, 11:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Rajeev, yes we left from where we shook hands at Chang La. I know we missed the Manali route but there is always a next time.

I do miss driving on snow. The thrill of skidding of the cliff is the best part. LOL.

Am defiitely doing the Spiti loop next year. Lets decide it then, to it in snow (april) or water (july) or dust (june).
yes, there must be something left for next time

Me and Rohit are thinking of Family trip to Spiti somewhere around March April, with both Scorp and SX4 on the job.
Old 8th October 2009, 19:28   #67
BHPian

total cost

dushyant,

tell me what was the total cost for the trip mumbai to leh and back, i plan to do this one day,

probably you could be the first IRMAN to drive to Khardungla

sijil
Old 8th October 2009, 20:48   #68
BHPian

Hi Dusmish, I doubt this voyage can be better named than "Dzire Fulfilled". You were really courageous do the Srinagar leh loop in sole car. Congrats to you and mamaji.

What special accessories you carried for the trip?
Old 9th October 2009, 00:09   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijil.karim View Post
dushyant,

tell me what was the total cost for the trip mumbai to leh and back, i plan to do this one day,

probably you could be the first IRMAN to drive to Khardungla

sijil

It was a very cheap trip. We stayed in JKTDC Guest house where ever it was available. Jaipur is my home so no cost there.

Food was cheap in all places. The most we must have paid would be 200 rupees for meal for two. Mind you, both of us are veg. Non veg would be a little expensive.

Diesel was the largest component - 4000 km, 17 kmpl @ avg 35 rupees per litre. Total cost of Diesel approx 8200 rupees. Jaipur - Leh - Jaipur

Total cost for two of us from Jaipur was 18,000 rupees.

Plus Mumbai Jaipur and Jaipur Mumbai for me alone was 6500 rupees. Major cost being Diesel - Rs 4500 and toll - Rs 1400

So the grand total is 18000+6500 = 24500 rupees.

No, Sijil, I am not the first IRMAn to drive to K top. Rahul Nainwal has done it on his Bullet.

For you it is an opportunity to do Kanyakumari to Leh. All the best!

TarCruiser, we didn't carry any special stuff except a tubeless puncture repair kit and a cheap Rs 100 foot pump. Thanks for your wishes.

Last edited by dushmish : 9th October 2009 at 00:13.
Old 24th November 2009, 13:07   #70
Senior - BHPian

Sorry my bad, just gone thought this thread now. I should it is the best low cost trip to Leh. All the credit goes to Dzire for being more fuel efficient.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:52   #71
BHPian

Dushyanth,

Great pics and super travelogue. Though I have gone thru plenty of great travelogues on this forum.. seeing the "brown" dzire made me dzire to plan for this lovely route. have a scorpio 2003.. just hope it can make the trip!

nagesh
Old 25th November 2009, 01:18   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagesh View Post
Dushyanth,

Great pics and super travelogue. Though I have gone thru plenty of great travelogues on this forum.. seeing the "brown" dzire made me dzire to plan for this lovely route. have a scorpio 2003.. just hope it can make the trip!

nagesh

I second that. I have been travelling for a month now (sigh, in planes), and missed this so far. Dushmish, hats off to you and your mama—takes a lot of courage and heart to do what you did. I got my bullet yesterday, and intend to try and emulate your feat on it sometime soon.

Thanks. The pix are marvellous... and very very inspiring. Thanks.
Old 25th November 2009, 18:37   #73
BHPian

@ Ramsagar, you bet, Dzire is amazing on the milage front. 12.3 kmpl while crossing K-top and Wari la. What more could I ask for.

@ Nagesh and Rajeevn, thanks! Just do it :-)
Old 18th December 2009, 11:08   #74
BHPian

What a lovely experience you had... What was the total expense for fuel for the complete trip ?
Old 18th December 2009, 11:59   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
What a lovely experience you had... What was the total expense for fuel for the complete trip ?
Hi Akaushik, Yes it was an experience of a lifetime. I have given the total expense of fuel on this very page 5th or 6th post from this one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks