Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:47   #91
Team-BHP Support

Aah engine problems.
Two things I can think of
1. Dirty air filter : But I am sure such minor hiccups are no problem for seasoned travellers
2. They filled up at Tandi - This can give the toughest vehicles the jitters
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:12   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Aah engine problems.
Two things I can think of
1. Dirty air filter : But I am sure such minor hiccups are no problem for seasoned travellers
2. They filled up at Tandi - This can give the toughest vehicles the jitters
Well Glen's Scorpio was having these problems the day we left Diskit for Pangong. The vehicle was unable to sometimes pull up. So we checked the clutch plate and air filter. Geting a thumbs up on these counts have made the wolrshop guys check up the Air Filter along with the entirefuel line.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:42   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If they are reaching Delhi around 9pm, I will cross them somewhere around chd. Ask them to take chd bypass through Kharar Banur. It cuts driving time by 40 minutes
Kharar-Banur road is beautiful, 130 Km/Hr road. Well tarred.
Old 24th September 2009, 18:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

Msg from HVK - "Reaching Sangla after Spiti Valley"
Old 24th September 2009, 23:13   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AarEmm View Post
@Ramky - Myself (Rohit Mendiratta) & rkbharat (Rajiv Kumar) were in my Scorpio and we crossed Khardungla together along with your friends from Mumbai in Swift Dzire. Thereafter, we went different ways but had crossed paths again when they were going back to Leh. We also met Rohit Bhogle (In Tata Safari) and did the Pangong to Leh drive together.

Next day, we met HVK & Glen at the Mahindra workshop at Leh and then had joined HVK's gang for dinner. Pictures of these meeting have already been posted earlier by rkbharat.

Our travelogue will be posted by rkbharat.

Hai Rohit & Rajiv,

Great that you could finish this trip. Looks like almost everyone I know of has been to Leh this year, enough people to hold a TBHp meet there. All the travalogues have eye-popping pictures and stories

@KSMVtek: I got the same message, they'd stay put in Sangla tonight and probably touch Chitkul tomorrow morning and drive back.

@ Mile Cruncher & tsk: Most probably the air filter or a loose air filter sensor/ wire.

While replacing to K&N, the engineer told me if the senser wire from the air-box comes loose, or gets disconnected or goes kaput, the check light will come on, don't know if this is true.

======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 24th September 2009 at 23:18.
Old 25th September 2009, 08:18   #96
Senior - BHPian

The problem with Glenn's Scorpio was pointed to the Throttle Sensor which was replaced under warranty at Simla Automobiles in Mandi. 4 Cars - Mine, Glen, Rajiv and Mandar returned to Delhi last night. Mandar left for Pune today morning while me, HVK and Glen will leave for Mumbai tomorrow early morning.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:14   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hai Milecruncher,

Give me a buzz when you're passing through, would meet you, let me also know if you need place to stay.

Talked to Mandar and Dhananjay today morning, they'd probably stay at Ahmedabad, I'd try to meet them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The problem with Glenn's Scorpio was pointed to the Throttle Sensor which was replaced under warranty at Simla Automobiles in Mandi. 4 Cars - Mine, Glen, Rajiv and Mandar returned to Delhi last night. Mandar left for Pune today morning while me, HVK and Glen will leave for Mumbai tomorrow early morning.
Old 26th September 2009, 09:06   #98
Senior - BHPian

Update

Mandar and Co, just passed through Ahmedabad, they did the Delhi-Udaipur stretch yesterday, broke at Udaipur and would be finishing up at Pune today.

HVK & CO have just passed Jaipur, should pass through A'bad around 7-8 PM, would try to meet the gang. HVK's msg was "driving non-stop from Chitkul" that's one heck of a run, Chitkul-Mumbai non-stop, wonder if they're made of India Rubber

I'd wilt at the thought of such a run!!!!

======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 26th September 2009 at 09:07.
Old 26th September 2009, 19:45   #99
BHPian

Just had a relook at HVK's original plan XLS; as per that, he is due back in Thane past midnight - at 2:30AM to be exact! I am sure he will be trying to meet that or even better it! ... Any SMS status updates?
Old 26th September 2009, 23:26   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesri View Post
Just had a relook at HVK's original plan XLS; as per that, he is due back in Thane past midnight - at 2:30AM to be exact! I am sure he will be trying to meet that or even better it! ... Any SMS status updates?
Met HVK & Glen on the BP at Ahmedabad at 0615 PM, spent 30 mts for Chai and some snacks. HVK has been driving for about 24 hours, from Chitkul, from 0600 AM yesterday morning and looked good enough to reach Mumbai. He said he'd take a power nap on the way if it becomes necessary. Glen joined in from Delhi today morning, so everybody is heading back home.

This one was planned and executed bang on schedules, 3 cheers to the Raid De Ladakh Team.

=======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 26th September 2009 at 23:27.
Old 27th September 2009, 00:17   #101
BHPian

Good News, great to hear about the successful expedition!
Old 27th September 2009, 00:21   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

It's really hearting to know that this trip went off so well without any hiccups. Great job guys !!!

MC, hope you and some other folks are going to write a flown blown report of the entire trip with a few thousand pictures
Old 27th September 2009, 13:09   #103
Senior - BHPian

HVK and Co reached thane @ 4 am. Mandar and DJ should have reached Pune last night. I started from Delhi at 4PM last evening and been driving through the night with power nap breaks. Presently having lunch 100 kms outside AHMD. Target for tonight is Pune.
Old 27th September 2009, 22:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

Hai MC,

Hope you reached Godebandar OK tonight. Sorry couldn't meet you on BP due to Puja etc., Wish you a happy run to Hyderabad.

====
Old 28th September 2009, 03:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai MC,

Hope you reached Godebandar OK tonight. Sorry couldn't meet you on BP due to Puja etc., Wish you a happy run to Hyderabad.

====
Thanks Ramki. Your directions for bypassing Ahmd were a breeze. Enjoyed the Baroda Expressway, but finally broke journey at Navsari. Starting in 15 mins for Hyd.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks