Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 11:29   #421
BHPian

@tsk, Superb Trip, excellenet pics and what a travel it would have been. Nice narration and glad you had a safe trip back.

Buddy, you are really brave and courageous to take up this trip with a back pain in hand (or in back.. lol), as your back pain counterpart myself, i can very well understand the ordeal you would have went-thru and its nothing but your will power that has enabled you to sustain and complete the trip successfully. Hats off and Kudos to you.

Now the next time i do a long travel, i will definitely carry a hot water bag. Thanks mate.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:29   #422
BHPian

How I wish a trip to Ladakh & Kashmir unfolds like a never ending story. Alas, good things do come to an end, but with the promise of more in store.

Once you've been there, you wanna keep going back. And the constant feeling, what now, where do I go from here...
Old 13th October 2009, 11:31   #423
Team-BHP Support

Well Rudra, you have my gallery link , select the pics, and I will send you the RAWs
Then we will post these here
Old 13th October 2009, 12:05   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Little correction on this small JPEG.
But what is the correction? I can't find any. Please write also for novice like us. When two experts talks novice just look around.
Old 13th October 2009, 12:08   #425
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
But what is the correction? I can't find any. Please write also for novice like us. When two experts talks novice just look around.
Probably Tanveer can help here by posting those together.
Old 13th October 2009, 12:20   #426
Team-BHP Support

Sure here is the comparison
Original

Rudra Version
Old 13th October 2009, 12:32   #427
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer, you can pat yourself on the back for a very well written travelogue coupled with even better pics. This log has been a source of inspiration and enjoyment for lot of us on the forum.

Thanks once again for taking out time to post this Epic.
Old 13th October 2009, 13:11   #428
Joy
BHPian

No words are enough to describe your great.. great travelogue. A lucid writing style coupled with great photographs makes it a live affair as if we are all travelling with you. It's a real gem.

Sad, like everything good, it has to end. Anyway, looking forward for your next journey. All the best.

Also, do post the pictures after Mr. Rudra Sen selects and do the necessary post processing so that we novice can learn some more.

Thanking you once again for sharing such a lovely travelogues.
Old 13th October 2009, 15:12   #429
BHPian

Tanvir,

Awesome, Amazing, Enchanting, Wonderful - none of these can fully describe your travelogue and your trip. Your narration and pictures were inspiring and left me dreaming about a trip in the coming years - I wish I lived somewhere closer to the Himalayas so that the years could have become months.

And hats off to your better half - not many women would enjoy such a long journey that gives very little scope for shopping!
Old 13th October 2009, 16:03   #430
BHPian

Tanveer, is it really over, i just cant belive it, i have been mesmerised with the narrations and the photos, that it is like if i don't get a dose from this thread it would seem like the day is not completed. Well all good things must come to an end! I would be looking out for more posting from you.Cheers!
Old 13th October 2009, 19:56   #431
BHPian

Its Bad that all Things must come to an end. I would have loved this to go on...

This thread and the pictures have been a calming influence with all the work pressure Im under right now
Old 13th October 2009, 20:14   #432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Also, do post the pictures after Mr. Rudra Sen selects and do the necessary post processing so that we novice can learn some more.
Yes, it'll be done soon. And my god! Nobody addresses me as Mr. Rudra Sen here.
Old 13th October 2009, 20:25   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rudra ji will be more appropriate.
Hoping to get some lessons
Old 13th October 2009, 20:46   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That would be really good I am lurking around various DSLR and photography threads for quite some time before I take a plunge in to DSLR world from P&S . But from this thread I learned it is not just few thousand for body and set of lenses , there are hoods , filters and what not

Is there any concise resource on what should a beginner purchase ( in Indian context) and how much moolah at minimum to be spent ?

T-BHP is much more then automotive forum and I think the objective/ definition of this site must be widened
Old 13th October 2009, 21:51   #435
Team-BHP Support

Thanks a ton for your wonderful comments. Actually by writing this travelogue, I also relived the entire journey.

For now I will post the GPS screenshot for each leg
Thankfully I had Openstreetmap maps, and except for the Dha leg, we had maps for almost everything.

So now I will post the legs

First, the full GPS view of the mountain part of the journey
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-full.jpg

Manali Leh highway
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-manalileh_highway.jpg

Leh - Panamik - Diskit - Hunder
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-lehpanamikdiskithunder.jpg

Diskit Wari LA Tangste
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-diskitwarilatangste.jpg

Tangste MLa Pangong
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-tangstemarisimiklapangong.jpg

Tangste Pangong Changla Leh
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-tangstepangongchanglaleh.jpg

Leh Hanle
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-lehhanle.jpg

Hanle - Kyun Tso attempt Tso moriri Leh
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-hanlekyunroadtsomoririleh.jpg

Leh Dha Kargil
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-lehdhakargil.jpg

Kargil Rangdum Kargil
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-kargilrandumkargil.jpg

Kargil Sonmarg
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-kargilsonmarg.jpg

Sonmarg Srinagar gulmarg
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-sonmargsrinagargulmarg.jpg

Gulmarg Srinagar Pahalgam
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-gulmargsrinagarpahalgam.jpg

Pehalgam Betaab Aru
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-pahalgambetaabaru.jpg

The return
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!-pahalgampunjab.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks