Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2009, 23:26   #466
BHPian

Hi Tanveer, Simple Awesome stuff man.
Tussi chaa gaye.

And hats off to your wife also.

I finished reading all 31 pages in 1 sitting. Was not able to stop without reading and admiring all the pics.
Old 20th October 2009, 10:33   #467
Team-BHP Support

Thanks smooth! Glad you liked it.
It was really the trip of a lifetime for us.
We never did so much driving.
After this trip, destinations 12 hours away seem doable on a 3 day weekend.
Old 20th October 2009, 13:50   #468
BHPian

Fantastic is an understatement

Hi Tanveer,

Fantastic travelogue, awesome pictures and great narration.

For lesser mortals this probably is the only way to visit those places.

This was one travelogue I read in one go over the Diwali weekend.

A big thank you

Sateesh

PS : I am already using some of the pics as my wall papers without your permission
Old 20th October 2009, 14:28   #469
BHPian

Hi Tanveer,

This is an out of the world travelogue. I was waiting to share my thoughts about this thread since I started reading the first page. Now that I got my membership approved, I wanna say one thing, you and your wife are true inspiration for many Indians who like to explore India on their own but end up taking package tours etc....Thanks for the travelogue, its truly experience of a lifetime.
Old 21st October 2009, 10:44   #470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Hi Tanveer,

Fantastic travelogue, awesome pictures and great narration.

For lesser mortals this probably is the only way to visit those places.

This was one travelogue I read in one go over the Diwali weekend.

A big thank you

Sateesh

PS : I am already using some of the pics as my wall papers without your permission
No problems Sateesh. As for lesser mortals, well we saw lots of 80 year olds also wheezing and gheezing up there. Where there is a will, there is a way. If you have doubts, talk to our friends from West Bengal. No matter what the age or health, they will travel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1983 View Post
Hi Tanveer,

This is an out of the world travelogue. I was waiting to share my thoughts about this thread since I started reading the first page. Now that I got my membership approved, I wanna say one thing, you and your wife are true inspiration for many Indians who like to explore India on their own but end up taking package tours etc....Thanks for the travelogue, its truly experience of a lifetime.
To see India, you have to see it via road. It is said roads are the pulse of a nation. A nation is known by its roads. Not a very happy thought I must say, but nevertheless, to see the real beauty you have to by road. But unless it is the mountains, I would take a package tour myself. Plains roads can get dangerous!
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:30   #471

great thread - thanks for the spellbinding pictures, btw what camera did you use ?
Also I think you should create a picasa/flickr album so we can soak in the utter bliss every alternate day :-)
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:47   #472
Team-BHP Support

Thanks greaky, my album for this is here. You can see EXIF for each image by hovering mouse over pictures and clicking info
I used a Canon 350D with kit lens
Tanveer Singh (tanveer)'s Photos : Travel : Ladakh2009
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:55   #473
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer, how frequently did you used Tripod?
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:22   #474
Team-BHP Support

Not much, only for night shots, and silky water shots.
Other than that the IR ones had tripod usage as they were Long exposure
Old 25th October 2009, 23:32   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
You can see EXIF for each image by hovering mouse over pictures and clicking info
Tanveer Singh (tanveer)'s Photos : Travel : Ladakh2009
Hi,
First of all, a great blog. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

Is it possible to download your pics with EXIF info. On smugmug, I can see the EXIF info, but the downloaded pic does not have it. Also, it seems one can download only a resized version.

I am interested in the date/ time taken tag, for geocoding purposes. And yes, I have seen smugmugs google maps mashup.

Downloaded your tracks from OSM. MarsimikLa is missing, as is the post Kargil section. Please do post those soon. And please tag them with India, Ladakh, or India, Kashmir. Otherwise makes these tracks difficult to find.

Do you have tracklogs with HDOP values?

Also, where did you get raster maps of Ladakh for use in Ozi. Anything other than the AMS and Soviet ones?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 26th October 2009, 10:16   #476
Team-BHP Support

Hi Sutripa, the pics are already geocoded, so if you click on "map this" you will see where exactly each pic was taken.
As for EXIF, smugmug resized images are without EXIF, for exact EXIF you have to look at originals only.
However, you can definitely "click" on exif info header(photo information), and it will open exif in separate window.
I have not uploaded all tracks to OSM yet, and will do so soon
Old 26th October 2009, 11:27   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sutripa, the pics are already geocoded, so if you click on "map this" you will see where exactly each pic was taken.
As for EXIF, smugmug resized images are without EXIF, for exact EXIF you have to look at originals only.
However, you can definitely "click" on exif info header(photo information), and it will open exif in separate window.
Hi,
Yes, but then I have to copy the EXIF data by hand! Actually want it for, shall we say, reverse geocoding - generating waypoints from the pictures. e.g You have taken the pictures of all the passes. Allows me to geographically pinpoint it. That done, one can crosscheck it against altitude elevation of tracklog, and standard DEM data. Also, I can then display it against a background of my choice like SRTM or ASTER data, or the Soviet maps.

Eagerly awaiting the rest of your uploads.

Thanks
Sutripta
Old 26th October 2009, 11:42   #478
Team-BHP Support

Okay, I will think of a way to get EXIF in resized versions also! Will check with smugmug!
Old 26th October 2009, 12:11   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okay, I will think of a way to get EXIF in resized versions also! Will check with smugmug!
Thanks
Sutripta

PS to moderators.
Is there a way of removing these posts after some time. Not to thank is churlishness. But these seriously clutter up a thread.
Old 1st November 2009, 13:16   #480
Senior - BHPian

Finally finished this beautiful thread. IMHO what makes TSKs travelogues stand out is his relationship with the mountains. It goes beyond passion and is perhaps true love. This is borne out from his depth of knowledge, ability to spot subtle differences and flawless narration and description of the mountains, the changing landscapes, the drive itself, challenges faced etc. The pictures are, well, picture perfect!

Thanks TSK.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks