Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2014, 00:16   #556
Team-BHP Support

Re: 5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsumit View Post
Hi tanveer,
Few queries yet again
1. I perceive this was your first trip to Ladakh , you mentioned two water crossings in the Wari La sector. These water crossings were again experienced in your second trip in the subsequent trips.What was the difference wrt to the water crossings between both the trips. Did the road conditions improve in the following years on this sector. How would you rate the sedan doing the same water crossing in present times.
I did not do Wari La in June 2010. However, in oct 2013, there was no problem, with road being better, and another bridge being constructed. So it should be easier this year
Quote:
2. The Pagal nullah has since been bridged with a permanent bridge since this first trip that you undertook.Is this correct to say ?
Yes
Quote:
3. The Douthling GH , do you have any contact number.
No idea. BSNL anyways hardly works there
Quote:
4. The booking at Hanle at the observatory , how did you manage that. What about the contact number of the person who took you in the 407 towards the lakes in the subsequent trips.
No cell coverage in Hanle. His name is Sonam and he runs a home stay too. For booking you can contact MHA(Ministery of home affairs)

Quote:
I guess i ask too many queries but then i know you have all the answers .

regards
sumit
I think except the last one, all others should suffice
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 10:42   #557
BHPian

Re: 5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world!

Your travelogue narration, photographs are benchmark and inspiration to others who want to explore and share their road trip experience.

Keep us motivated, updated with more n more road trips. Thank you.
Nempuguru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed