Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 10:56   #16
BHPian

On the way

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc07755.jpg

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc07760.jpg

The weather forecast had been sort of ominous for the Chandigarh & Himachal region and we got drenched plenty of times! Finally we decided to not bother to take off our raincoats at all. We realized that it was stupid to wait for the rain to stop, since 500m ahead of extremely heavy showers there would be bone dry road

All through the journey so far, the Beas had been our faithfull companion, flowing alongside, sometimes calm and peaceful & sometimes angry & furious – the very picture of a mountain river in spate. Because of the incessant rain it was positively bubbling over and made for a magnificent sight. It was getting dark by now (more because of the weather) and the rainclouds seemed inexhaustible & threatened to swallow us up. We were luckily at a spot – about 16km from Manali, where the Beas flowed at its angriest & was banked by several decent looking hotels. We checked into one of these and I eagerly opened up the balcony of the room at the back to look at the source of the continous roar – and there it was – the Beas – it seemed as if the room was actually built over it! We were not really able to capture the beauty of the environs but here goes anyway! If I could ever write a book – I suspect it could be here!

The Beas - our constant companion

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc07762.jpg

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc07764.jpg

Constant rain

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc07771.jpg

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc07772.jpg

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc07773.jpg

An interesting sight

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc07776.jpg

Bewitching beauty

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc07780.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th September 2009 at 11:21. Reason: spelling
Old 17th September 2009, 10:57   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amip View Post
Thanks for the info - have been sort of intrigued with the temple & the sorrounding area - since I didnt really get a chance to learn more about it. Is it called Dhaulera?
You are welcome. You are giving us all more info!! And I envy you and your lady for doing this on a bike. A long held dream. Still not completely given up on this.

I do not know the temple name but this is visible from the HPTDC restaurant located almost where the road from Simla joins the Manali highway. The water levels in your pic are really low - attesting to fact of low rainfall - but usually just after monsoon the entire temple complex vanishes under the water lake.

Waiting for the next instalment.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:03   #18
BHPian

Real humdinger coming up. Great trip it looks like amip, although you guys are missing two wheels. Nice pictures too....You guys skipped the lake in C'garh (Sukhna, IIRC)? My favorite place on quiet days....

@sudev, the lady is the one doing the narrating.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
You are welcome. You are giving us all more info!! And I envy you and your lady for doing this on a bike. A long held dream. Still not completely given up on this.

I do not know the temple name but this is visible from the HPTDC restaurant located almost where the road from Simla joins the Manali highway. The water levels in your pic are really low - attesting to fact of low rainfall - but usually just after monsoon the entire temple complex vanishes under the water lake.

Waiting for the next instalment.
Actually - I am the lady!
Old 17th September 2009, 11:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ami, very nice photos there. I have never seen chandigarh till now , looks very clean and autos are blue there !!!first time seeing that color on a Autorickshaw . Very very nice pictures of your journey . Complete it asap.

Edit : can we have the lady's name?it would be nice to know

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 17th September 2009 at 11:15.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well what more can ya say !

nice start , and well spaced pictures .. continue we are all hooked ... the fracture and the AMS does sound worrisome but i'll let you get to that part , i dont wannabe jumping the gun !
Old 17th September 2009, 11:30   #22
BHPian

Another thread of a 'snowy' experience ... AMS.. fracture ..? I hope everything went well.

Lot of threads to leh and northern regions, and each one showing a different angle, i wish i do this leg sometime soon .

Amazing pics and an interesting log coming up. I am hooked to this thread now. Jus finished reading one leh thread !!
Old 17th September 2009, 11:34   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Apologies for the mix up and even more envious than before....a bit of MCP in me or what! Please let this not stop the flow of lovely travelogue instalments or your pictures.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Bewitching beauty

Attachment 193035
+1 to that. Plenty of nice pics, but this one's amazing. Looks so very surreal.

Awaiting the unraveling of the mystery; what happened next!
Old 17th September 2009, 12:15   #25
BHPian

Please continue with the good job, spirited narration and beautiful pictures Congrats, just cant wait for the next post!
Old 17th September 2009, 12:15   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Real humdinger coming up. Great trip it looks like amip, although you guys are missing two wheels. Nice pictures too....You guys skipped the lake in C'garh (Sukhna, IIRC)? My favorite place on quiet days....

@sudev, the lady is the one doing the narrating.
Thanks Anurag! Yes - we may be missing two wheels - but believe me we weren't missing them! I love all sorts of roadtrips - cars, busses, trucks - but nothing compares to biking it - you feel one with the elements. Of course, as a result the elements are harsher on you - guess the "oneness" is only "one" way! lol..

Have been to Chandigarh before & weren't in the mood for man made lakes this time! Though, yes - Sukhna is a great spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi Ami, very nice photos there. I have never seen chandigarh till now , looks very clean and autos are blue there !!!first time seeing that color on a Autorickshaw . Very very nice pictures of your journey . Complete it asap.

Edit : can we have the lady's name?it would be nice to know
Thank you - my name is Ami - close to my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
well what more can ya say !

nice start , and well spaced pictures .. continue we are all hooked ... the fracture and the AMS does sound worrisome but i'll let you get to that part , i dont wannabe jumping the gun !
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Another thread of a 'snowy' experience ... AMS.. fracture ..? I hope everything went well.

Lot of threads to leh and northern regions, and each one showing a different angle, i wish i do this leg sometime soon .

Amazing pics and an interesting log coming up. I am hooked to this thread now. Jus finished reading one leh thread !!
Please don't mention the word "leg" - it makes me wince!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Apologies for the mix up and even more envious than before....a bit of MCP in me or what! Please let this not stop the flow of lovely travelogue instalments or your pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
+1 to that. Plenty of nice pics, but this one's amazing. Looks so very surreal.

Awaiting the unraveling of the mystery; what happened next!
Thank you Sudev & Gondor. Surreal was exactly what i thought when i had looked at that particular scene
Old 17th September 2009, 12:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Aaaah--your travelogue at last! Good to know that you actually executed your plan that you'd shared with the Hyd gang at Katriya.

Ami, you've never ceased to amaze me with your Marco Poloish adventurism!
Come on, keep those photos coming!
Old 17th September 2009, 12:25   #28
BHPian

Superb, Now I know why you guys have been busy, not turning up for meets nowadays. You guys have been travelling and how!

Good ones amip, keep it coming, the snaps are truly beautiful and so are the locations.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:28   #29
Team-BHP Support

Where was your last shot named 'Bewitching beauty' taken? Raison?
If you don't remember the name then my question is that a little before Manali?
Old 17th September 2009, 12:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

great travelogue and lovely pictures. keep them coming Ami

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks