Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 08:42   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
hehe.. perfect!!
the apple must have tasted so good, isn't it.
So here is the fracture that happened, is it?
Yes - it sure is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Ah lovely. Very well narrated triplog. Really like how you've built it up.

As for the food at khoksar, I don't think that's the cause. Unless your stomach does not take kindly to street food!
Thanks Hitanshu - we're quite used to street food
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Forbidden apples!!
Who'd have thunk it!
I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@amip: You just know how to keep our curiosity piqued.

Just hope it was not all that beer etc. at the lunch which was the culprit.

Apples off the tree and just out of this world and a bite in to one can guarantee juices flowing all over your face. Waiting for the next.
No beer -just wine - but not the culprit
Old 21st September 2009, 09:47   #107
Senior - BHPian

@amip , you really are holding everyone in suspense, the travelogue is now taking the flavor of a suspense thriller !
Old 21st September 2009, 09:50   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
@amip , you really are holding everyone in suspense, the travelogue is now taking the flavor of a suspense thriller !
Ha Ha! No longer - i promise to complete it today!
Old 21st September 2009, 10:06   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

"The Great Game - Whodunit?" By Amip

Looking forward on one hand and wishing that this continues on the other. Devil and the deep sea.
Old 21st September 2009, 10:20   #110
Team-BHP Support

The suspense is killing you better complete it today!
Old 21st September 2009, 10:39   #111
BHPian

Hey, amip, great photos and a very nice travelogue
Old 21st September 2009, 10:55   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Quote:
"The Great Game - Whodunit?" By Amip

Looking forward on one hand and wishing that this continues on the other. Devil and the deep sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Believe it or not - the suspense was unintentional! lol
Old 21st September 2009, 11:09   #113
BHPian

Finally awake
AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc08064.jpg
I was sipping my drink, eating fresh, smoked trout and enjoying my reading when I saw Amit looking a little listless – I looked up at him and saw him “longingly” gazing at a game of football that was just starting up on the adjoining cemented tennis courts.

I kept on reading – immersed in the book I was aiming to complete before we started off for Srinagar in the morning. After about 30 min I looked up to find Amit missing. A sideways glance confirmed that he had indeed joined the motley group of aspiring footballers.

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc08075.jpg

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc08078.jpg

I didn’t pay much attention until he came back an hour later for a drink of water – I looked up and said – “Are you sure you want to play more? Considering we have a long ride ahead tomorrow?” Prophetic words!

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st September 2009 at 11:16. Reason: Removing Wine from the post, mention of alcohol and pictures are strictly prhobited in TBHP. Thanks
Old 21st September 2009, 12:21   #114
BHPian

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc08066.jpg

Joining back

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc08070.jpg

AMS, a Fracture & What turned out to be a Manali trip!-dsc08073.jpg

He went back to play. Not for long though – he was back in 15 minutes and this time - wincing in agony. Casual shoes dont work with contact sports! He had twisted his ankle - or so we thought.

We got some ice from the gracious hosts but Amit was in a lot of pain – what was more concerning was that his foot was swelling up more by the minute. To compound matters, the skies had opened up & were unleashing a torrential downpour – and of course we had to ride back over 3 km to Manali for any sort of help. Even now we assumed that it was a slight sprain & would be Ok by tomorrow for us to start the rest of our trip. By the time we reached Manali, Amit had decided that he didn’t need any medical attention and that we would ride on as planned.

I insisted that we at least get an X Ray done – went to the Mission hospital in Manali, where being a Sunday only an intern was available. Managed to get an X Ray done – anxiously asked the technician for a dekho & were suitably relieved when he said that there was no bone broken as far as he could see. The X Ray then moves to the intern who takes a look, gives us a broad smile & says – “No fracture”, we smile back, now reassured that our trip as well as rider is safe! . We say our thanks and start to leave – we’ve barely made it to the door when the doctor calls out – “Wait a minute – I’m sorry there’s a clear fracture – don’t know how I missed it! He will need a cast right away for both the fracture & the torn muscle”. We both looked crestfallen so he kept repeating “I’m sorry”. At this point Amit, valiantly says – “no problem, I wont get the cast done, I’ll put a crepe bandage on & ride”! Everybody gives him a dark look.
Old 21st September 2009, 12:54   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Shoot...what a way to spoil (not ended yet I think) the trip. Good that you took him to the hospital right away.
Old 21st September 2009, 13:06   #116
BHPian

Ami, I wanted to refrain from posting until you had finished your narration - could not resist!

Now, tell us, did you both get a doubt that you were being taken for a ride?

Did one of you suffer a fracture at all?
Old 21st September 2009, 13:21   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amip View Post
hmm smoked fish looks mouth waterin

Quote:
At this point Amit, valiantly says – “no problem, I wont get the cast done, I’ll put a crepe bandage on & ride”! Everybody gives him a dark look.
what
Old 21st September 2009, 13:22   #118
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Nice to see a lady motorhead amongst us. And even nicer to see that you've some very good narrating skills. Totally hooked to this one. That's some journey, you 2 had. Desperate for the rest of it.
Old 21st September 2009, 13:24   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Orders! From the moderating team! And promptly obeyed !

Football. I never liked it, and now I see I was right all along. Very sad to hear. And who could have predicted this? Everyone must have been thinking, biking, trekking, climbing; didn't someone even mention beer? But football! I bet nobody guessed.

Anyway, the trip may be curtailed, but the story is, I hope, far from over, and we are all eager to hear how you both, and the bike, got home.

Hope Amit is ok now, too...
Old 21st September 2009, 14:56   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Shoot...what a way to spoil (not ended yet I think) the trip. Good that you took him to the hospital right away.
Exactly - thats what irked us the most!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
Ami, I wanted to refrain from posting until you had finished your narration - could not resist!

Now, tell us, did you both get a doubt that you were being taken for a ride?

Did one of you suffer a fracture at all?
Murali - we were hoping we were being taken for a ride - no such luck though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
Nice to see a lady motorhead amongst us. And even nicer to see that you've some very good narrating skills. Totally hooked to this one. That's some journey, you 2 had. Desperate for the rest of it.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Orders! From the moderating team! And promptly obeyed !

Football. I never liked it, and now I see I was right all along. Very sad to hear. And who could have predicted this? Everyone must have been thinking, biking, trekking, climbing; didn't someone even mention beer? But football! I bet nobody guessed.

Anyway, the trip may be curtailed, but the story is, I hope, far from over, and we are all eager to hear how you both, and the bike, got home.

Hope Amit is ok now, too...
LOL! I know all the speculations were quite hilarious - i sure had fun! Yes, he is - a bit grumbly (is that even a word?) - but certainly better

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks