Team-BHP - Leh-Ladakh in my Safari 4x4 -Photologue..July2009
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Leh-Ladakh in my Safari 4x4 -Photologue..July2009 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/65563-leh-ladakh-my-safari-4x4-photologue-july2009-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 (Post 1488163)
Indian Army seems to be doing a good job there by offering FREE Medical Services at such high altitudes and tough terrain, of course not to forget Free Tea.

Did you get a chance to enjoy the Army hospitality ?

Yes we had a tea there with an army official. He was really a nice guy.

The wind sculpted rocks look pretty awesome.

Aman, Great photos. looking forward to see more pictures.

Nice.

offroading,and mountain biking must have been fun:thumbs up

Amazing pics.
What is this? A new way of changing tyre? Or what?

Wonderful pics Aman. Wheres the rest of them...?

Awesome pics Aman. Reminds me of Gaurav Jani's "Riding Solo to the top of the World".

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudev (Post 1488879)
Amazing pics.
What is this? A new way of changing tyre? Or what?

Thank you guys for appreciation,
This truck was stuck at rohtang top, they were crossing it in very foggy weather, driver didnt see the pit, got stuck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 1488857)
Nice.

offroading,and mountain biking must have been fun:thumbs up

Yes akshay , biking was real fun, we descended down from tanglangla, 2 times from khardungla, 2 times from changla.
As we 2 were travelling, while descending down one used to ride and the other driver car behind.
At some places while cycling during descending we reached speeds upto 60kmpl..

Pics from changla to pangong lake,

Pangong Lake ,
reached there by 6pm , stayed at camp site nearby lake.
Did some off roading in the morning near lake...

Hi Aman,

Nice Pics.

Just a thought.. But wouldnt taking your car in the water make it more prone to Rusting??

A friend had taken his bike on the sea shore in Mumbai and it started giving rusting problems.

P-Tso is a Saltwater lake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bapu (Post 1490078)
Hi Aman,

Nice Pics.

Just a thought.. But wouldnt taking your car in the water make it more prone to Rusting??

A friend had taken his bike on the sea shore in Mumbai and it started giving rusting problems.

P-Tso is a Saltwater lake.

Thanks dear, but I don't care that much about my ride, because if I care that much I won't be able to enjoy the pleasure of 4x4.
BTW anti-rust treatment is done underbody,(hope it can safe guard from salty water).

The pictures are reallly beautiful and speaks volume about the heaven on earth. Absolutely loved the pictures of blue water.

Talking about the last picture , did you know about the depth of that water bed because doing this at such an high altitude and a place very less accessible to help is a great feat in itself.

@Bapu - No offenses meant but thinking about rusting and stuff is the last thing on the mind when you want to do such an exciting adventure. Also , you live only once so do whatever you want to do :) while you're walking the earth ( purely my philosophy )

@ Aman - More pictures please.