Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 23:53   #1

Hyderabad to New Delhi...the trip begins

Hi all,

My first post after a while since joining up. Will be starting tomo morning early (i hope ) from Hyderabad to Nagpur and hope to make Bhopal by night fall. Thanks to all who have contributed before to make this possible.

Spent the last two days tuning and fixing my one week old Gypsy acquisition to make it road worthy.

Picked up the "Blue Bikini" from the Team BHP classifieds and am ready for the first long journey in the babe.

Will be posting updates on the way and pictures as well. Also will venture to try to map the LPG options for this route.

Tentative routing is Hyderabad - Nagpur - Betul - Itarsi - Bhopal - Biaora - Guna - Shivpuri - Gwalior - Agra - New Delhi.

More updates tommo.
Old 19th September 2009, 12:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Safe travels & have an enjoyable trip! I'm seeing more & more Bhpians hitting the road & criss crossing India. That's the spirit

Last edited by suman : 19th September 2009 at 12:04.
Old 19th September 2009, 12:52   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's wishing you a trouble-free journey and an advance warm welcome to New Delhi. Have fun, drive safe, and take lots of pics to post here!
Old 19th September 2009, 13:18   #4
BHPian

I am sure you will have a wonderful trip with your gypsy. Post some pictures of your Gypsy on the road.
Old 19th September 2009, 18:02   #5
BHPian

Wishing you a safe and excited trip. enjoy! waiting to hear your experiences once returned.

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
Old 20th September 2009, 15:22   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope the Gypsy did this trip comfortably without any mechanical problems. Look forward to an update on road conditions, time to travel and pictures soon.
Old 21st September 2009, 21:49   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, have a safe and rocking trip. Keenly looking for your complete travelouge since me too got a plan of a trip like this from Hyderabad since a while. Also, guess its safer to avoid night travel especially in Nagpur - Betal strech. One of my friend took that route during his Kochin - Manali trip and said he came across an area where people roaming around carrying guns .
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Have a great trip. Are you planning to cross Agra or have a night halt ?
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:37   #9

thanks every one for your support. The drive was awsome and i am pleased to tell you that it was accomplished entierly on LPG. I am unable to connect to internet,but i will post a complete post later today with all details.
Old 29th September 2009, 06:52   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Safe travels & have an enjoyable trip! I'm seeing more & more Bhpians hitting the road & criss crossing India. That's the spirit
Thanks a ton....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Here's wishing you a trouble-free journey and an advance warm welcome to New Delhi. Have fun, drive safe, and take lots of pics to post here!
Will sure do, the trip to Delhi was uneventful..
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewithwind View Post
I am sure you will have a wonderful trip with your gypsy. Post some pictures of your Gypsy on the road.
Will do soon actually the trip got extended...fron Delhi to Manali to Keylong to Dharamshala and back to Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnraghu78 View Post
Wishing you a safe and excited trip. enjoy! waiting to hear your experiences once returned.

Thanks..will update soon
Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hope the Gypsy did this trip comfortably without any mechanical problems. Look forward to an update on road conditions, time to travel and pictures soon.
Like I said above no problems .. thanks for asking.. the trip after Delhi had a few issues nothing major. will come up with a blow by blow acount soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hi, have a safe and rocking trip. Keenly looking for your complete travelouge since me too got a plan of a trip like this from Hyderabad since a while. Also, guess its safer to avoid night travel especially in Nagpur - Betal strech. One of my friend took that route during his Kochin - Manali trip and said he came across an area where people roaming around carrying guns .
As long as you are safe ( i mean do not pick up fights or succumb to road rage and NEVER stop on these stretches) its ok. I did the journey at night no issues and definetly no guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Have a great trip. Are you planning to cross Agra or have a night halt ?
Through agra no halt..
Old 1st October 2009, 20:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha141 View Post
Hi all,

My first post after a while since joining up. Will be starting tomo morning early (i hope ) from Hyderabad to Nagpur and hope to make Bhopal by night fall. Thanks to all who have contributed before to make this possible.

Spent the last two days tuning and fixing my one week old Gypsy acquisition to make it road worthy.

Picked up the "Blue Bikini" from the Team BHP classifieds and am ready for the first long journey in the babe.

Will be posting updates on the way and pictures as well. Also will venture to try to map the LPG options for this route.

Tentative routing is Hyderabad - Nagpur - Betul - Itarsi - Bhopal - Biaora - Guna - Shivpuri - Gwalior - Agra - New Delhi.

More updates tommo.
buddha141 - We tbhpians cant wait any long for you to post the pics

I am extremely sorry to hijack your thread and to post your own "Blue Bikini" pics as a teaser.

Hyderabad to New Delhi...the trip begins-dscf9339.jpg

Hyderabad to New Delhi...the trip begins-dscf9617.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks