Team-BHP - the three biketeers trip to barmer and Jaisalmer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   the three biketeers trip to barmer and Jaisalmer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/65790-three-biketeers-trip-barmer-jaisalmer.html)

How do you start a journal or a literary Epic about three Bikers Amit on his 220 Karizma, Kaizad on his RTR 160 and yours truly on My Oxe LB 500 bullet, well let’s start with the planning of the Ride the ride was on a very pivotal situation as each and every one of us had our own commitments I believe the most influential part of the story was that Kaizad was on tour of South India for business and infact he reached back with only a day free before we were to leave.

We were all up by 2.00 AM Friday morning and finally packed all of our luggage on the bikes and reached Galaxy Hotel Vapi by around 3.00 AM . So we all started our Epic adventure first me then Amit then Kaizad things were going pretty smooth we were cruising at around ninety as there wasn’t much traffic then somewhere out of the blue came a railway crossing and after Kaizads assuming that we knew the road well we were all flying across 2 pretty large speed breakers at 90 kmph yeah I know how easy it sounds but we hardly had any time to think or react because by the time we managed to get control over the first speed breaker we were already flying on the next one Amit was only able to keep a grab hold of the steering so here’s the scene Amit is flying on the Karizma his legs almost on level with his seat and his *** is nowhere on the seat but he’s able to keep hold of the steering can you imagine super man trying to ride a bike while flying well if you can then that’s what the scene was I guess similar flying lessons we also went through but on a more sensible way as our asses were still pretty much on the seats, so we all took a halt checked out our bikes and our luggage and lo and behold everything was pretty the same as it was.

We proceeded towards Ahmedabad we were under the impression that we would be cruising up to Ahmedabad by the express way but unfortunately bikes are not allowed to traverse that express way so we had to divert to the internal roads which were also pretty good but had more traffic we eventually reached on the outskirts of Ahmedabad where we turned towards the Mehsana Highway and took to the direction of Palanpur here again the roads were pretty good barring the traffic and between we had to take some toilet breaks and what not but we finally reached Palanpur where we stopped over at Way Wait hotel for tea and nashta it was pretty decent stuff we enquired about Barmer and told by some one that it was another 4 hours or so so we decided to push on as fast as we could from Palanpur we reached Deesa and every little while my bike was guzzling petrol so we had to stop for petrol every 200 odd kilometres we reached Deesa and and pushed onto Pharad and it was getting dark we had asked quite a few people how far are we to go but no one gave us the correct picture and we had already been riding for 14 hours so somewhere in between Pharad and Sanchor we decided to call it quits and looked for a hotel but unfortunately these are pretty desolate areas and there are no hotels at some town we asked where the next decent hotel is and they said it the nearest good hotel was in Barmer so we were left with no choice but to push onto Barmer by the time we reached Barmer we were riding the bikes for 18 hours which is quite a record add to the fact that we covered 830 kilometres which is also quite an achievement none of us had ever ridden that long and also covered that much before we started to look for hotels there we eventually checked into hotel Kalinga a decent hotel considering the area we had a couple of beers and grub everyones eyes were blood shot and when we asked Amit to change the channel of the TV he started pressing the buttons of his mobile so that shows what kind of state we were in I believe we were hard asleep in a matter of minutes after lying down.

The next day we were all set for going to Jaisalmer which was around 150 kilometres from Barmer so after doing our regular morning chores and settling the bill and tying our luggage we set of to Jaisalmer once again the roads were all fantastic and by around 2.00 in the afternoon we reached there we checked out some hotel but in our hearts we wanted to actually go the desert and spend a night there and they did have such a place called SAM deserts another 40 odd kilometres from Jaisalmer where they had actual tents with attached toilets wow man while checking out the same we met a guys who also had his tents in the same area he said you can come to mine and we haggled with him and told we will only pay once we are satisfied about the tents and the surroundings to which he agreed so we left jaisalmer for SAM deserts we checked out quite a few desert tent campsites and eventually landed up in some other the guy gave us an amazing deal can you imagine 1000 bucks for the 3 of us for the evening there with dinner and breakfast for the next day with the local entertainment so we unpacked and started off with a beer and set off on the camel trek to sunset point so the scene is Kaizad and Amit on the camel me along with this boy who guides the camel for the directions I had to be alone because I was the heavier of the 3 but what was amazing was that the boy sitting behind me with the straps and guiding the camel by the way my camels name was Michael Jackson and the other camels name was Babloo anyways here we are perched on top of the camel drinking beer enjoying the serenity of the desert it is a place that is out of this world you must see it to believe it sand every where you are riding your camel across the sand dunes it’s amazing so after riding the camel for around 20 minutes and shooting pics and videos we stopped on a dune and got off and enjoyed a rajasthani folk dance on the dune Amit was quite taken by this and started to give the dancer a run for their money then he eventually asked me to join him too it was fun so here we are on top of the dune a young girl is dancing to the rajasthani tune and me and Amit are trying our best to keep up the pace of the dance while Kaizad is enjoying every bit of it all things said and done it was a blast we had actually achieved what we had come for and that was to make the ride to Barmer and Jaisalmer we were on top of this world and enjoying every moment in the desert, well after a little dancing and prancing we decided to return to our camp while on the way back the wizard decided to do the trek on foot I guess he had some allergy with the camel he he he.

Well back to the Jailsamer came out in the desert we drank we enjoyed we discussed we pulled legs we learned from old men about the old times in Jaisalmer and we eventually fell to sleep in the tents. Next day we got up and were ready to hit the road again and this time we were supposed to halt next at Palanpur so after leaving around 9.30 in the morning we were riding in the glorious weather and comforting roads we eventually reached Palanpur where we checked into a hotel Way Wait rested over for the nigh and next day in the morning we left around 9.30 and reached Galaxy hotel by around 7.30 or so.

It was in fact the Epic Journey of the Three Musketeers To Jaisalmer and Back.

A journey of tarmac and sand a journey of guzzling petrol heads and best of all a journey that will make me smile when I am 70 years old when I think about it .

You could edit this post properly and add photographs to make it readable.

It is said that a picture is worth thousand words. Narration interspersed with photographs would have made it more lively and interesting..

That was an interesting account. The bullet must have been a comfortable ride on such a long tour. You guys definitely had fun with your bikes. I remember a few bikers while passing through Vapi who were playing swap at very high speeds. By swap I mean the pillion rider taking over the handle and coming in front without reducing the bike's speed. Are you guys a part of that dare-devil group?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akadian (Post 1492694)
That was an interesting account. The bullet must have been a comfortable ride on such a long tour. You guys definitely had fun with your bikes. I remember a few bikers while passing through Vapi who were playing swap at very high speeds. By swap I mean the pillion rider taking over the handle and coming in front without reducing the bike's speed. Are you guys a part of that dare-devil group?

We are not that group the maximumwe do is wheelies and try to do stoppies and a couple of wheel burns not much more you can do on a bullet He He. My clubs name is speed devils but we all have varied bikes.