Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up and pictures Krishna. I have been to Irpu Falls and it definitely is a place worth visiting.

Oh! I almost forgot. Congratulations on completing 100 days
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:12   #17
BHPian

Hi there, nice write up, good pictures, made an interesting travelogue Wishing you more "100 Days" in you life.
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

wowy Krishna i really dint feel like reading your write up...i was lost in the pictures
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:14   #19
BHPian

Thank you all for your wishes & blessings. This is undoubtedly a great time to visit this place.

Quote:
Was thinking of doing a trip sometime in May - summer vacations - how is the weather during that time?
well, i am not sure how it is during summers. From others experience, i have learned that it is hot and most rivers and waterfalls almost dry up. But to watch wild life, summer is the best time since most of the vegetation will dry up, and animals will come up to the few existing waterholes for water and food.

Quote:
The watchman in the first gate from mysore i pretty weird. Expects you to come over to sign while none of the others demand the same. Couple of my relatives have got into solid arguments with him.
I think now every guard insists you to come out of the vehicle and sign. I was asked to do this at the entry and exit on both the days.

Quote:
They used to let people visit the factory before but some tourists pissed off the manager by driving rashly on private roads and drinking so i doubt if its permitted anymore
Sad, a visit to the tea factory would have been another good experience. Unruly tourist behave as if its no ones business. Inspite of repeated instructions, i have seen beer bottles and plastic bottles littered across the forest road.

Quote:
How much did the safari ride cost you and are there night safaris offered????? Did you take your jeep in or went with the resort jeep as private 4x4's are allowed into the forest
There are 2 ways to go wild safari in the same forest.
1. Via Nagarhole (maintained by the KA govt)
2. Via Tholpetty (maintained by KL govt)
This forest is in the border of KA & KL.
Safari timings are 6:00Am to 8:00 am and 3:00pm to 5:30Pm on both the sides.
In nagarhole you will not be allowed to take your own vehicle into the deep forest roads. But at Tholpetty, if you have a 4x4(esp jeep gypsy), you will be allowed.
Normal safari charges at Tholpetty are 50Rs per person entry charges. 100Rs per guide and 300 Rs per vehicle. At Nagarhole, it is probably 200 Rs more expensive. I am not sure though. There is no night safari. well, i heard that there is one but its more like a night drive thru the forest road on the KL side. Have to check and confirm.

Quote:
How come there's no pic of your black beauty?
Sir, since it was raining and drizziling all through, my black beauty has turned brown. Also, i had another beauty on my side and didnt want to let her know that my attention is on something else.

Quote:
The rapids are exotically named, "Morning Coffee", "Grasshopper", "Wicked Witch" "Big Bang". This is the best season to visit Coorg
aah, couldnt register the names then. Thankyou. Yes, undoubtedly the best time with its rivers flowing full.

Regards,
Krishna
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Good trip:-)

Krishna,

Congratulations on your 100 days of marital bliss and what a way to celebrate. I generally dont go through travelouges, but when it was from you i expected it to be in a car of sorts but it was in a jeep..way to go!!

I liked the place especially where it was written 'Entry only for 4x4'. Would have loved to see your jeep in that scenic background.

Wishing you many more such 100 day trips with your jeep and of course your wife
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:05   #21
BHPian

Hi Vinod,
Mr.Kabir, the owner of the home stay told me that i was the first guest to come there in a jeep. When i called him up from Bangalore and informed my arrival, they were expecting a car. Only when we got down, they realized that we were the guests and not locals.

Regards,
krishna.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
Hi Vinod,
Mr.Kabir, the owner of the home stay told me that i was the first guest to come there in a jeep. When i called him up from Bangalore and informed my arrival, they were expecting a car. Only when we got down, they realized that we were the guests and not locals.

Regards,
krishna.
How was your jeep journey? I mean, no power steering, no a/c, sand grip tyres hope it wasnt too uncomfortable. What was the average speed? What was the top speed you achieved? Do you have a music system? I think XD3p must be a saving grace on your vehicle which is quite silent. Did you engage 4x4 any where on your trip?

What mileage did you get?
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:53   #23
BHPian

Vinod,

After an recent 800Kms trip on a Tata safari, my wife came home and said
she liked going in the jeep than in the safari. what else can i ask for ?

Regards,
krishna.

Last edited by kittigadu : 23rd September 2009 at 17:57.
Old 23rd September 2009, 20:37   #24
BHPian

Excellent write-up.Loved the details.We were finalizing our plans to go to madikeri this weekend since we have put leave for next whole week ( Well deserved break from those hectic deliveries). Your post certainly helped me out :-) .
Old 23rd September 2009, 20:59   #25
BHPian

Hey Krishna. Nice travelogue. I never knew teas gardens existed around coorg. I only thought it was land of coffee. Wish you many more "100 days" to come...
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:00   #26
BHPian

Sakkath cool maga - Loved the early morning pics
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

@ kitti: We exit usually from the balele side and the guard there is a local and is very friendly.
Well about the bottles being thrown around tell me about it. People have thrown it around even in talacauvery man. Shocking behaviour at times.

Please post pics of your jeep man. Dirty is better:-) as thats how its meant to be
Old 24th September 2009, 13:48   #28
BHPian

Hi,
It was a very well written travelogue. Congrats on your century. Would love to go there in the coming months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks