Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 21:55   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
What???
Last we were there (Dec 2004), the depth around the place where I see the fence was hardly three feet. If anyone attempted diving with the head down will definitely have serious head injuries or might end up dead. This sounds silly isnt it?? Or were they jumping from the top of the water falls into the pool of water???

Further down the stream, i.e. the place where the steps end, on the right side, we noticed the depth of the water is as much as a swimming pool around 6' to 7'.
Buddy, the depth of the pool starts beyond the fence. Till the fence it's not even 3 feet but after that it is definitely deep coz one of my friends also went for swimming last year when we visited and he is 6feet tall. Still he could not stand anywhere in that pool. Also, he was telling that the water felt a little heavy for some reason. Those who don't know swimming definitely should not venture into this pool and to an extent although the natural charm of this place has reduced due to the barricades, it would definitely save some lives of our over-enthusiastic souls.
Old 30th September 2009, 12:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Just a note of caution:
Oct 3rd, Maoists called for a Nation wide bandh. I would like to inform you that, forest around Srisailam is a Naxalite strong hold!!

kkr2k2,

Earlier Nallamalla was the bastion of naxalites until 2006, since then the entire forest was cleansed by GREYHOUNDS under the late CM's command. We have seen the days of the naxalites, during Greyhound operations and after.

Saleem_K
Wonderful pics and writeup of Srisailam, a place we love to be whenever time and work permits us. I would like to add on your thread the Mallelatheertam water falls pics. in monsoons of 2007 without the barricade, however I would like to also mention that, this place has lost its virgin charm since the steps were laid and prior to that, too much polluting and crowding, of course this is my comparison to 1993 and a decade since then.

The falls. for scale, notice two men on bottom left.
Srisailam beckons again!-maleelatheertam-falls-1.jpg

The secondary falls. further downstream.
Srisailam beckons again!-maleelatheertam-falls-2.jpg
Old 2nd November 2009, 23:06   #18
BHPian

awesome pics and very informative. I have been to srisailam but never visited falls.
I definitely do this time.

Most Viewed