Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 00:03   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

testing one two

Ladies and Gentlemen,

During our journey I will maintain a live log here, using my Blackberry. I will keep you updated every few steps of the way.

Our intention is to leave at 0430, refuel and break at Vapi, a quick business breakfast with distributors in Navsari and then drive somehow to reach Udaipur in the night on Day One.

Our next goal is to then reach Delhi on day Two by 6.30pm. Thanks for your good wishes and advice. We will be trying to read this thread enroute.

If you have any urgent advice or message, you can email me <myfirstname@team-bhp.com> and I will be able to respond quickly.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2009, 00:04   #107

Before We all jump to conclusions over the wheels, Here are a Few Pictures From the Official Launch at the Parsi Gymkhana early this year.

YetiBlog® -  The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!-image00001.jpg
YetiBlog® -  The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!-image00002.jpg
YetiBlog® -  The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!-image00003.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

During our journey I will maintain a live log here, using my Blackberry. I will keep you updated every few steps of the way.

Our intention is to leave at 0430, refuel and break at Vapi, a quick business breakfast with distributors in Navsari and then drive somehow to reach Udaipur in the night on Day One.

Our next goal is to then reach Delhi on day Two by 6.30pm. Thanks for your good wishes and advice. We will be trying to read this thread enroute.

If you have any urgent advice or message, you can email me <myfirstname@team-bhp.com> and I will be able to respond quickly.

If you are Going to Navsari, Be sure to have Vanilla Ice-Cream and Jelly at Kolahs opposite the Atash-Behram.

Also, If you are really going to go there, maybe my mom would want you to bring some achaar!!

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 1st October 2009 at 00:06.
Cyrus43 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2009, 00:17   #108
BHPian

Quote:
  • I had the opportunity to drive with 4 large people, all in the range of 6 feet. All were comfortable.
I think its the latest issue of Autocar which mentioned that Ratan Tata himself tests his cars for size/comfort during the design stage. And he is no small man, physically! In similar vein there was also a jestful reference to the Suzuki chairman's physical stature with obligue reference to Maruti Suzuki 800, LOL.

Back to topic, maybe our Gurgoan gang should put up a welcome banner on the highway: for Sam, NC and the Nano from Bombay!
Old 1st October 2009, 00:19   #109
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen, Start your engine ;-)
Looking forward to this one!!!!!!!
Old 1st October 2009, 00:21   #110
Senior - BHPian

Pimping up the nano is something I've always wanted to do. never could may my hands on one. However, now that you're on the job, i can only hope for one hell of a mod job to bench mark. I Reckon the nano will end up becoming a 2 seater with a mamoth speaker set in the rear.If that is the idealogy, then please convert this car to a coupe. It'll be a one-off. Think about it. and btw, good luck on your drive.
Old 1st October 2009, 00:24   #111
Team-BHP Support

so this will be the star of jbl besides the chicks at this years performance show?? looking forward to this one.
Old 1st October 2009, 00:36   #112
BHPian

All the best for journey SAM and NC.
Baroda-Ahmedabad Expressway - You can maintain average 80-90 KMPH easily.
From Ahmedabad -Himmatnagar-Shamlaji-Udaipur is all 4 lane. So you can also maintain good Average here.
i don't know about Kapdvanj and Lunawada route.

*forgot to mention that you can take exit on Expressway(Ahmedabad-Baroda) for Himmatnagar Highway. So you can skip Naroda and Kathwada (city traffic).

Last edited by nisarg86 : 1st October 2009 at 00:40.
Old 1st October 2009, 01:11   #113
Senior - BHPian

wow.
i can feel the excitement sitting here in UK.
All the best sam, nc.

Need to get a supply of popcorn + pepsi.
Old 1st October 2009, 03:31   #114
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree. I am not that confident of making it - but N_C is like "Arrey main hai na" every time I voice my concern.
And I agree w/ gautam. 1700kms in 36 hours is do-able. I did a 1000mile drive from Chicago to Colorado in about 16hrs. Ofcourse, the road conditions were different and the car had, well, about 5x the engine size of nano's. But since you're two drivers, I think you both should be fine and w/ gautam around, I'm pretty sure you can get max fuel efficiency too..haha
Old 1st October 2009, 05:57   #115
Senior - BHPian

Best of luck guys. Hope you have a great ride.

When we got people touring india in rickshaws then nano can surely do it
Old 1st October 2009, 07:21   #116
Senior - BHPian

Wow, this trip has already become a TBHP event.
Only thing missing is the cheergirls and the flags along the NH. This is one super thread.
Good luck guys. Hope you have fun trip.

Cheers,

J
Old 1st October 2009, 09:55   #117
Senior - BHPian

Wow! The trip is yet to begin and its done 8 pages already and I am sure it is an all star event with Sam, Gautam and the star "Nano". Looking forward as usual and have a safe and joyous trip to Delhi guys.

So Sam is the Nano JBL'ed ?

Cheers
Old 1st October 2009, 10:01   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

A Live Log as well. I am going to be glued to this thread as much as possible.
Good Luck Guys
Old 1st October 2009, 10:18   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
So now...... how do i get one Nano, just as quick??
You will get immediate delivery at Popular Car Bazaar, meet Mr. Rana Sethi (98211-20233). Will charge you a good hefty premium, of course.
Old 1st October 2009, 10:27   #120
Senior - BHPian

Your thread is as enjoyable as your threads of past. Keep them coming.

Waiting for your detailed travelogue.

Last edited by anujmishra : 1st October 2009 at 10:43.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks