Team-BHP - Quick Rain Break Coorg + crossing 21K km in the Scorpio 2.6 Turbo Lx
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Quick Rain Break Coorg + crossing 21K km in the Scorpio 2.6 Turbo Lx (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/66726-quick-rain-break-coorg-crossing-21k-km-scorpio-2-6-turbo-lx-2.html)

Shankar, very neatly written logue and the inputs on the "scorp" does add more value to the travelogue.

I think inputs on scorp would have given lots of confidence to the prospective Scorp owners:) atleast am more confident about this vehicle now :)

Btw the scorp really looks wild in green and black bumper etc and i assume its a mhawk?

Quote:

hey was that the lovely white?? jeep MM540/550??
3 or 4 days ago approx near that ORR/ HSR entry area where the lorries and buses have created a huge mess?
Exactly the same place. But its a black mm550.
Guess what, today i was doing my rounds in HSR and found your scorp. I gess that is your home. next to the army area.

Regards,
Krishna.

thanks dude
nope the mhawk was over budget when it was launched so I bought the 2.6 in april 08
as luck would have it, exactly one year later the new LX Mhawk was launched at roughly the same price I paid for my 2.6! But no regrets I like the 2.6 engine a lot.
going forward who knows? may upgrade one day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 1525461)
Shankar, very neatly written logue and the inputs on the "scorp" does add more value to the travelogue.

I think inputs on scorp would have given lots of confidence to the prospective Scorp owners:) atleast am more confident about this vehicle now :)

Btw the scorp really looks wild in green and black bumper etc and i assume its a mhawk?

hi
yes - sorry now I remember that black jeep.
also in this area there is one nicely done up Orange MM which theyve modified a bit to look like a Wrangler. then in one of the inner roads there is a Dark Green and another Dark Grey MM - also look very nice, stock and purposeful
And yes I live next to the Army area where life is relatively quiet - mostly for the benefit of my dogs who are happier here than in some crowded and noisy part of the layout.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittigadu (Post 1525800)
Exactly the same place. But its a black mm550.
Guess what, today i was doing my rounds in HSR and found your scorp. I gess that is your home. next to the army area.

Regards,
Krishna.

Nice writeup. Every time you go to Coorg, you will get a new story! Its an amazing place. And that too if you have friends in these places, it just adds to the fun!

yes it is a lovely place indeed. all plantation districts and the people there usually are nice because for the most part they subscribe to a more gentlemanly, peaceful era - a complete contrast to the fast paced, hectic and oftentimes horrible soul-less existence that people in the cities are forced to bear these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 1526024)
Nice writeup. Every time you go to Coorg, you will get a new story! Its an amazing place. And that too if you have friends in these places, it just adds to the fun!

I didn't know coorg had elephants in the wild. Good one.

coorg does have elephants in the wild. however the ones that obligingly posed for the photos are not wild. they are working elephants, employed in the timber camp as you enter the district.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1526710)
I didn't know coorg had elephants in the wild. Good one.