Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 17:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ashish Bhau !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@MC. Try to come here in second half of sept. That fact is that the flowers are there only for 10 - 15 days in a year. Bamnoli and thoseghar can be done anytime in the monsoons. Kaas has to be done only in that 2 week period.
When exactly will you be jailed?
I'm going to be in Andamans between 10th and 24th and can't make another trip just after coming back.

So this is what I'm planning, let me know if its possible or not

Leave 2nd Night to Satara / Kaas.
Visit Kaas /Valley of Flowers /Surrounding Areas
Move to Panchgani
Night Stay on 3rd /4th @Panchgani
5th Morning drive back to Hyderabad
Old 11th August 2010, 17:15   #62
MX6
Senior - BHPian

No flowers on 2nd/ 3rd there. You can skip kaas and go to Thoseghar and Bamnoli.
Old 24th August 2010, 18:42   #63
BHPian

I just came back yesterday, and though there are flowers of many colors, it is supposed to be 2-3 more weeks away from bloom.
Old 30th August 2010, 10:46   #64
Senior - BHPian

I should have seen this post. Had been to Kaas on 28th. It was raining so heavily that I could not even get out of the car. The climate was perfect for a long drive but the main attraction of Kaas is not yet to its full glory. Will again visit it probably in 2nd/3rd week of Sep.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:06   #65
MX6
Senior - BHPian

neon_wheels. Hope you are following the 25th/ 26th sept meet in Kaas. I'm planning to go on 18th as well to kaas.
Old 20th September 2010, 17:07   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
neon_wheels. Hope you are following the 25th/ 26th sept meet in Kaas. I'm planning to go on 18th as well to kaas.
Did you happen to go on the 18th? Are the flowers in bloom?
Old 20th September 2010, 17:19   #67
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Wolfheart. I went on 19th. I'm now desperately waiting for the 25th.

It's a riot of colours there in Kaas.

Here. Check this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2076142-post672.html

I will be uploading more photos later.
Old 20th September 2010, 17:29   #68
BHPian

^ That looks spectcular. How long does it last? Are you guys camping or staying in a Hotel?
Old 1st August 2011, 13:02   #69
BHPian

Re: Kaas (Maharashtra) -The Plateau of flowers

I am planning to go to Kaas this September. Heard of heavy rainfall this year - will it be wise to do the Mahabaleshwar-Pachgani-Wai-Kaas circuit during this time of the year or just Kaas is recommended?
I'll be travelling with wifey and 3.5 year old kid, and would be using public transport. Will I be able to get a car/cab/taxi on hire from Pune/Satara to visit Kaas?

Visiting Kaas is my priority while pulling in the other hill stations is to basically sell the idea to wifey
So if the weather gods are not accommodating while visiting Mahabaleshwar-Pachgani, etc., I've had it.

Do let me know - I plan to travel to Pune directly and from there to all the other spots.
Old 1st August 2011, 13:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
I am planning to go to Kaas this September. Heard of heavy rainfall this year - will it be wise to do the Mahabaleshwar-Pachgani-Wai-Kaas circuit during this time of the year or just Kaas is recommended?
I'll be travelling with wifey and 3.5 year old kid, and would be using public transport. Will I be able to get a car/cab/taxi on hire from Pune/Satara to visit Kaas?

Visiting kaas in sept is good idea,
please stay tuned on meet section, we may plan team-bhp meet at kaas in sept like last year,
you can visit mahabaleshwar though rain may restrict your outings at that place.

You can hire taxi from pune for mahabaleshwar,
start early from pune,
visit thoseghar waterfall and kaas near satara,
drive onward to mahableshwar in the evening rather than staying at satara.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 14:47   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Visiting kaas in sept is good idea,
please stay tuned on meet section, we may plan team-bhp meet at kaas in sept like last year,
Cool, I shall keep a tab on that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
you can visit mahabaleshwar though rain may restrict your outings at that place.
This might turn out to be the real dampener and hurdle to get a greenlight for this tour from the Home Ministry.
Old 19th September 2011, 18:04   #72
BHPian

Just back from a Kaas visit. The flowering season has been delayed due to the extended monsoon. Right now it is at around 50% bloom. The peak time will be 24th Sep to 8th Oct.

Try to avoid weekends and visit on week days.
kj302 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 15:35   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj302 View Post
Just back from a Kaas visit. The flowering season has been delayed due to the extended monsoon. Right now it is at around 50% bloom. The peak time will be 24th Sep to 8th Oct.

Try to avoid weekends and visit on week days.
Planning Kas next weekend on 1st or 2nd Oct.
Does it get really bad on weekends? I mean its such a huge place. Does one have to jostle around for good views on weekends?
Old 1st October 2011, 23:40   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Planning Kas next weekend on 1st or 2nd Oct.
Does it get really bad on weekends? I mean its such a huge place. Does one have to jostle around for good views on weekends?
Issue will be reaching Kaas and parking there. The road is pretty narrow, with deteriorating shoulders. You cannot park on the plateau. The parking spot is around 2 kms away, which will get crowded on weekends.

Indeed it is a big place, but mind it, it belong to the flowers. There are pathways for humans, which you should not cross. If you are a serious nature enthusiast, big crowd will put you off.

Hope this reply didn't reach you late. :-)
kj302 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:49   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj302 View Post
Issue will be reaching Kaas and parking there. The road is pretty narrow, with deteriorating shoulders. You cannot park on the plateau. The parking spot is around 2 kms away, which will get crowded on weekends.

Hope this reply didn't reach you late. :-)
kj302, Read it after coming from Kas.
For all going to Kas, you have to reach the place before 8 am. After 9 am they dont allow your vehicles upto the plateau. There are 2 parking places, 1 before the plateau which is 3-4 Kms from the place and is a climb. Another is 1 km after the main plateau before the Kas lake. Let me tell you walking from the 1st parking takes a toll on you if you are the normal guy out for some sighseeing. I saw people panting, sweating and almost out before they reached the plateau.
You wont be able to enjoy the beauty after such a heavy walk.
I was at the plateau at 7:30 am on Saturday morning, soaked in the beauty and the silence till 10:30 am with very few people around and then went to Bamnoli for boat ride. On return journey I saw people in huge numbers there. Not a ideal way to enjoy it, I would say. Get there ealry and you will enjoy it to the fullest. An amazing place.
bigwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks