Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 18:38   #91
BHPian

Re: Kaas (Maharashtra) -The Plateau of flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Are there any permits to be taken for going to see the Kaas Valley of flowers?

I have never been to Kaas and I am looking forward to visit the place sometime in the next couple of weeks. Any leads to the permits would be really helpful. Any links or pointers?
No permit as such, but there is an entry fee, and limited number of tourists (and vehicles?) are allowed every day. Online booking is available at kas.ind.in. However, I did not get an acknowledgement of the payment!!
Old 12th September 2014, 14:01   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
No permit as such, but there is an entry fee, and limited number of tourists (and vehicles?) are allowed every day. Online booking is available at kas.ind.in. However, I did not get an acknowledgement of the payment!!
You can also pay fees at the entry gate there. And, as far as I know, there is no limit on the number of tourists/vehicles. There is a huge parking lot available there.
Old 4th September 2017, 18:17   #93
BHPian

Hi Guys,

am planning to go to Kaas this Saturday. Any idea if the flowers will be in full bloom or is it bit early to head in there?

I have my weekends packed post this and hence wanted to show my lil one this place. He just learned about flowers in his school and I think this will be a good outing for him. Also, any pointers on knowledge on the flowers that I can see there and talk about them to him will be great.

TIA
WheelWake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 19:40   #94
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
am planning to go to Kaas this Saturday. Any idea if the flowers will be in full bloom or is it bit early to head in there?
I think it's a bit early, the flowers are not yet in full bloom in large clusters.
The official site for Kaas is here
I think mid-late September or October is a better time to visit, but crowds can get crazy so suggest to start early.

*a google search yielded this site as well with some information for the 2017 season - here
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 20:02   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I have my weekends packed post this and hence wanted to show my lil one this place.
TIA
If you are really looking to enjoy Kaas, I would suggest 2 options to you

1) Go on weekdays when its not much crowded.
2) Travel to Satara on Friday, stay in a hotel and visit the site early to avoid crowds.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 09:09   #96
BHPian

Spoke with home ministry and she is fine taking the chance this weekend. Two plan options I proposed:

Plan A
Saturday start drive at 3am and reach kaas @8.30 am
Followed by kaas lake, sajjangarg fort
Head to MahaB via Medh
Leave MahaB on Sunday after some leisurely breakfast and covering a point
(The above seems to be rejected for now)

Plan B
Leave Mumbai early Saturday morning and cover sajjangarh fort and thosegar falls or the step well or any other suggestions of fort/waterfall
Checking in/near satara (decent hotel options?) For Saturday night
Early morning visit kaas on Sunday
Kaas lake and then head home

My questions/request for suggestions are primarily on plan B on
1)things to do
(We can cover any other sights on the way to satara too)
2)stay options near satara

Also does plan A look that bad in terms of being hectic?

Tia
Old 7th September 2017, 13:35   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plan A
Head to MahaB via Medh

Plan B
Leave Mumbai early Saturday morning and cover sajjangarh fort and thosegar falls or the step well or any other suggestions of fort/waterfall
...Tia
Quote:

...TIA

Hello Sir, that means you are making a visit day after tomorrow from Mumbai (9th September). Please advise if you have booked the tickets online or intend to buy after reaching venue.

I also want to show my kid the flowers etc as she has just learnt about them from her playschool. But what is a concern here, is the presence of unruly crowd during the weekends.

Please post a detailed description about the trip once you are done (Roads, Parking, Crowd, Charges, nearby lodging if available and anything else if thats important) along with some images too. If all is good, I would then probably try for the next week. ( I already know that a bullet group of approx 15+ riders are going on the 16th/17th)
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 17:38   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Plan A
Head to MahaB via Medh

Plan B

My questions/request for suggestions are primarily on plan B on
1)things to do
(We can cover any other sights on the way to satara too)
2)stay options near satara

Also does plan A look that bad in terms of being hectic?

Tia
Plan A will be bit hectic no doubt. Problem is, from one point road goes to Kaas(22kms) and another towards thoseghar falls (24kms) and Sajjangad. You have to travel 22kms all the way back from kaas till that point. Now depending on the weekend crowds there is full chance of heavy traffic causing delays. Plan B sounds good. Quite a lot of hotel options in Satara city. Few which I know are Maharaja, Lake view, Radhika palace etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

I also want to show my kid the flowers etc as she has just learnt about them from her playschool. But what is a concern here, is the presence of unruly crowd during the weekends.

Please post a detailed description about the trip once you are done (Roads, Parking, Crowd, Charges, nearby lodging if available and anything else if thats important) along with some images too. If all is good, I would then probably try for the next week. ( I already know that a bullet group of approx 15+ riders are going on the 16th/17th)
As per the local newspaper dated the last weekend(2-3 Sept), flowering is delayed this time. It will take another 8-10 days for full bloom.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:43   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Sir, that means you are making a visit day after tomorrow from Mumbai (9th September). Please advise if you have booked the tickets online or intend to buy after reaching venue.

Hi Majumdarda,

to be on a safer side I have booked for Kas visit for Sunday morning 7AM and intend to be there at that time (hence the booking, kinda forces you to go for it). Fingers crossed on the flowers showing up & crowds dont as this is the only weekend i got. For stay i booked in Satara city, would have liked to book at Nivant which is on the Kaas stretch but they had js 1 room left and i needed 2.

will update the thread post returning, hopefully with pics if they are of decent quality.

I had a question on Chalkewadi, if we need to go till power station showing on gmaps or once you start driving through the stretch which gives you the glimpse of windmills - is good enough?

Last edited by WheelWake : 7th September 2017 at 19:44. Reason: needed some info too
WheelWake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 20:02   #100
Senior - BHPian

WheelWake - Go with option 2. Last year, i was driving to Kaas, went mad with the traffic, but somehow managed to park and enjoy the views and vistas. We then had time in our hands post lunch and the plan was to go to M'war. We crossed Wai, and just about to climb the hills, and we were told that the roads are packed till Panchgani. We just took a U turn and returned back to Pune, where we were staying then.
Old 7th September 2017, 20:32   #101
BHPian

Quote:
I had a question on Chalkewadi, if we need to go till power station showing on gmaps or once you start driving through the stretch which gives you the glimpse of windmills - is good enough?

Kaas (Maharashtra) -The Plateau of flowers-untitled.jpg

Not sure which power station you talking about, but the road along the black highlighted line has all the windmills. Note that roads are always bad in that stretch and pretty lonely. So make sure you are there and back during day time. Also the route feels to be pretty long from Thoseghar.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 20:32   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
How much time did it take for you sir, for travelling to Kaas from Pune? How was the road condition and facilities at Kaas? Which slot did you target ? (The morning 7am slot?)
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 19:08   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

to be on a safer side I have booked for Kas visit for Sunday morning 7AM and intend to be there at that time (hence the booking, kinda forces you to go for it). Fingers crossed on the flowers showing up & crowds dont as this is the only weekend i got.
After spending a boring Saturday we have decided to head towards the valley of flowers but now tickets are not available. Pretty disturbing. But still we would ride towards Kaas and see if tickets can be brought from the counter at the venue. Would look forward meeting you as well...

Last edited by theMAG : 9th September 2017 at 23:42. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 9th September 2017, 19:33   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much time did it take for you sir, for travelling to Kaas from Pune? How was the road condition and facilities at Kaas? Which slot did you target ? (The morning 7am slot?)
It was post 10 am. Don't remember the exact timing.

We left in the morning at 7.30 am ( our house was at Undri Gaon and the access to the Blr Highway was less than 10 mins ) and it took us about 2 hours 30 minutes, with one break fast break.

The killer was on the roads towards M'Bar from Wai onwards. Gosh ! Unbelievable number of vehicles on that weekend.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 10:53   #105
BHPian

Quote:
You don't have to drive far to see the windmills. The place is 4 kms from thoseghar. The moment you sit the kuchcha stretch , the plateau on the left should have windmills.
Every time i have been there, io have drive barely 100 m from the start of the stretch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks