Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 08:27   #31
BHPian

Great narration and a splendid visual treat. Amazing shots and the place is a must do. Just one sad thing, the poor snake, I guess the office folks should have let it go.
Old 8th October 2009, 09:39   #32
BHPian

A real treat to the eyes, your postcard-perfect pictures. Thanks Mag and Rjstyles.

Talking about snails, back in my childhood days some children (not exactly me ) used to do a most cruel thing to snails and slugs that show up - put some salt on them. Their bodies dissolve and only the shell remains intact.
Old 8th October 2009, 10:59   #33
BHPian

Lovely pics as usual, Reminds me of t-bhp kuttikannam trip.
Old 8th October 2009, 11:05   #34
BHPian

rjstyles, man i was just been thorugh the thread, i never had felt that Vagamon was this beautiful, the photos are excellent and so also is the narration. Scorpio looks fantastic on all the pictures.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I think it was raining a lot
If its the joke about maggie you are referring to, then we all had a hearty laugh on the 2nd day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Great narration and a splendid visual treat. Amazing shots and the place is a must do. Just one sad thing, the poor snake, I guess the office folks should have let it go.
Well I really dont know what to say pal. I wish we could but then safety was a concern too. Even the dudes there weren't sure if it was a rat snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Lovely pics as usual, Reminds me of t-bhp kuttikannam trip.
We were about 50+ kms from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
rjstyles, man i was just been thorugh the thread, i never had felt that Vagamon was this beautiful, the photos are excellent and so also is the narration. Scorpio looks fantastic on all the pictures.
I am going back there again during summer simply to get some better pics. The skies were overcast all the while which limited my chance to click some pics. Also kottayam isn't too far from there.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:09   #36
BHPian

Great narration and wonderful pics. My next trip will be to Wagamon, itz decided.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:16   #37
Team-BHP Support

With a crop this one can be a real good one. Mag sorry, cropped it without checking with you.

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-img_1511.jpg

And guys, how did you manage to get that glow all around the cottage?

I know Mag was staying there but still..
Old 8th October 2009, 14:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

They killed it and we could only watch.
Great Pics RJ, however I love reptiles and can't help but feel sad for the snake. Couldnt the resort staff have put it in a bag and then release it outside the property? I mean if they can't be sensitive towards the local wildlife then heck, get out and start a resort in a more urban environment.

I feel it's a bit unfair to just bludgeon the snake death just 'cos us humans want to occupy the place temporarily. No offense dude but I personally would have never allowed the resort staff to kill it. I would have either had them relocate it or moved out myself......but then that's just me.....I really really dig wildlife especially reptiles!!

Cheers
Old 8th October 2009, 14:38   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
With a crop this one can be a real good one. Mag sorry, cropped it without checking with you.
What belongs to me .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
And guys, how did you manage to get that glow all around the cottage?

I know Mag was staying there but still..
Har-de-har-har.

Some details enhancement in PP. But primarily it was coincidental fog cover momentarily breaking around the background just as those pics were taken.
Old 8th October 2009, 15:16   #40
BHPian

Great pics of kerala and wonderful travelogue guyz. TFS.
I visited Thekkady some time back during the monsoon and location / Forest lodge etc looked similar. No offense, but some pics of the cottage look creepy. Its me or your pics. Beautiful pics and some of the scorp pics need to be sent to M&M for their ad campaigns.
Old 8th October 2009, 16:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Great Pics RJ, however I love reptiles and can't help but feel sad for the snake. Couldnt the resort staff have put it in a bag and then release it outside the property? I mean if they can't be sensitive towards the local wildlife then heck, get out and start a resort in a more urban environment.

I feel it's a bit unfair to just bludgeon the snake death just 'cos us humans want to occupy the place temporarily. No offense dude but I personally would have never allowed the resort staff to kill it. I would have either had them relocate it or moved out myself......but then that's just me.....I really really dig wildlife especially reptiles!!

Cheers
I feel the same too. I am not really fond of snakes, but this one is a harmless rat snake.
Old 8th October 2009, 16:50   #42
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Simply beautiful pics both Mag and Riju (especially Riju ). Your white scorp looks amazing in the dreamy landcape. This place is really dreamy...the cottage looks spooky in a couple of pics

If possible, can you post more pics of the insides of the cottage. I'm just too curious about this place now.
Old 8th October 2009, 19:09   #43
BHPian

Great wirteup and pics Riju and Mag. Some of the shots are just mindblowing.
I really like the one Mag posted of the "MHawk" forward journey.
waiting to see more pics.
Old 9th October 2009, 06:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

Riju / Mag, I first scanned the pics and then read the travelogue. Amazing pics. KL at its best.

So Mag, finally you went for a drive. If I remember well, your last trip was Mangalore some years back.

Abhi
Old 9th October 2009, 08:01   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
So Mag, finally you went for a drive. If I remember well, your last trip was Mangalore some years back.

Abhi
Abhi,

I went to Gopalaswamy Betta after that. That still remains the last travelog I've done in my car.

I'm planning on driving down towards Kanakapura sometime next weekend just for an unadulterated drive/photo op. Drives to Mangalore/Manipal, Pondicherry and Chickballapura are on the cards towards the year-end.

Last edited by theMAG : 9th October 2009 at 08:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks