Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 09:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
And guys, how did you manage to get that glow all around the cottage?
I know Mag was staying there but still..
Naughty Naughty . Ask him I wouldnt know, else ask Ajmat why does it rain always where-ever maggie goes these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Great Pics RJ, however I love reptiles and can't help but feel sad for the snake. Couldnt the resort staff have put it in a bag and then release it outside the property? I mean if they can't be sensitive towards the local wildlife then heck, get out and start a resort in a more urban environment.

I feel it's a bit unfair to just bludgeon the snake death just 'cos us humans want to occupy the place temporarily. No offense dude but I personally would have never allowed the resort staff to kill it. I would have either had them relocate it or moved out myself......but then that's just me.....I really really dig wildlife especially reptiles!!
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
I feel the same too. I am not really fond of snakes, but this one is a harmless rat snake.
I really couldn't do much mate since it was raining cats and dogs and for us the primary concern was to get this thingy out from there.

We drove to the reception and got 2 of them to rid ourselves of the snake,however they decided to kill it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Great pics of kerala and wonderful travelogue guyz. TFS.
I visited Thekkady some time back during the monsoon and location / Forest lodge etc looked similar. No offense, but some pics of the cottage look creepy. Its me or your pics. Beautiful pics and some of the scorp pics need to be sent to M&M for their ad campaigns.
Thanks buddy. Yeah I agree the cottage does look creepy with that halo effect over it and yes maggie was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Simply beautiful pics both Mag and Riju (especially Riju ). Your white scorp looks amazing in the dreamy landcape. This place is really dreamy...the cottage looks spooky in a couple of pics

If possible, can you post more pics of the insides of the cottage. I'm just too curious about this place now.
We only had a few pics from the inside. However lemme confirm the place is clean and the only gripe is that it was damp. Maybe coz of the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Great wirteup and pics Riju and Mag. Some of the shots are just mindblowing.
I really like the one Mag posted of the "MHawk" forward journey.
waiting to see more pics.
Thanks Rajesh.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:06   #47
BHPian

Nice travelogue and the pictures are simply amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Every chance that you might loose you way at Dindigul coz there aint any markings to reach the Theni Route. We lost our way and continued on the madurai route, was guided by a gentleman to take a village road to get to Sempatti and join the Theni road.

So ideally you gotto watch out for the 1st flyover before you reach Dindigul town.Dont take the flyover , follow the service lane and take a right under the bridge. This will take you straight to the Theni Road.
Saw more details regarding this driection with the following post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1508918
. It was helpful for me.
Attachment 200124

There are some pictures from Vagamon too - on sunny day
Old 9th October 2009, 11:25   #48
BHPian

Rj and Mag, do we expect more pictures to come? I am really enjoying the pictures,please do post if you have any more of them.
Old 9th October 2009, 11:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

Riiju and Maggie thats a wonderful travelogue accompanied with some really nice pictures. i loved the picture of the Scorp with the lights turned on in the mist.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:06   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Rj and Mag, do we expect more pictures to come? I am really enjoying the pictures,please do post if you have any more of them.
Let me check if there are anymore that I can live with!
Old 9th October 2009, 12:11   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Let me check if there are anymore that I can live with!
A 4GB card holds more than what you've posted.

So don't be lazy. Start posting.
Old 9th October 2009, 13:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Riji/Mag, Iam sure you would have come across this while u did your ground work for the trip.........Browsed to find out its less than 100 kms from Vaganom to Munnar... which is the best route to travel to Munnar from Vaganom
Old 9th October 2009, 13:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

Day 3

Well the days here and its time for us to head back to bangy. All of us are awake by about 7am and I step out with my bed coffee. The weather hasn't really changed much for the last 3 days and the clouds with the winds are still around.I take a stroll , come back and finish up with the mundane chores. We drive down to the restaurant for our breakfast. By 9:30am we are done with the formalities of the final settlement and bid our adieu's to the staff and the place.
Surprisingly I was asked to leave a thumb impression at the office since the cops had asked for the same. Outta curiosity I asked them and was told that there were quite a few SIMI camps out there and hence it was mandatory for the resorts to take thumb impression of one of the guests.

Thank them all for their unconditional service and we stop for a few final shots of the place.Nothing really has changed in terms of the weather..

My better half's clicks.

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-1-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-2-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-3-large.jpg

The lake where we were supposed to go fishing which apparently never happened. The night when we reached there this place had zero visibility and only after I crossed that small bridge did we realize that there was a lake out there.

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-4-large.jpg

A few of my shots

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-5-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-6_1-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-7-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-8-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-9-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-10-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-11-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-12-large.jpg

The scorp' thru the P&S

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-13-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-14-large.jpg

Another one from my lady.

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-15-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-16-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-17-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-18-large.jpg

One of the churches shot en-route Kumily .

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-19-large.jpg

All thru the skies were overcast and we would have had about 20 mins of sunshine in the last 2 days since we have been here.I bid my adieu to this place promising to come back some time during the summer and spend an extra day which is very much needed.
Its been a lovely experience driving down to Kumily and from here on we leave kerala to enter TN.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 9th October 2009 at 13:10.
Old 9th October 2009, 20:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

We continue our drive have lunch at Theni, the restaurant's name was something on the lines of Travanacore ---- . Excellent food , great ambiance and the place was really clean. We drive and decide that our final stop will be before dindigul where we had stopped enroute Vagamon.

All the portraits have been shot by my better half. She believes in capturing emotions the way it is

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-1-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-2-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-3-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-4-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-5-large.jpg

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-6-large.jpg

Shot at a local road side chai shop in Karur.The chap was more than happy to pose for the camera.

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-7-large.jpg

The drive was pretty un-eventful still we hit a traffic jam in between Dharmapuri and Krishnagiri. We were stranded there for over an hour and hence lost quite a bit of time.

We drop off Maggie and Sahana at Jayanagar by 10pm and I reach home by about 10:30pm. The Scorp' is dirty and methinks I love to see it that ways. Hasn't been washed yet.

Having upgraded from a sedan to an SUV always has its pro's and con's. As per calculations we pulled off 13.xx per liter and cruising speeds on the highways was around 120kmph.

Only con is that I cant floor this vehicle like how I used to with the baleno. However the ride quality,under thigh support et all is excellent and this comes from some one who upgraded from a sedan to a SUV.

Fatigue n tiredness never creeped in all through. I was good to do another 200kms if needed.

Details of the place

Resort - Vagamon Heights
Location - 20 kms from Eleppara.
Tariff - Depends on your bargaining skills.

A shot of the cottage for those of you who wants to have a 2nd look.

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-8-large.jpg

Route from bangalore : Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Dindigul- Vathalagundu - Periakulam - Theni -Chinnamanur - Uthampalayam - Kumbam - Kumili - Kuttikanam - Elappara [There is a sign board present on ur left ]. Before the town take left for VAGAMON. Vagamon is close to 20kms from here.

Distance one way : 630kms

Thanks for your time folks.
Old 9th October 2009, 20:44   #55
BHPian

Riju, what can i say, great set of pics. One of the churches shot en-route Kumily looks great.
Old 9th October 2009, 22:51   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more from me. I'm exhausted for today - will try to rustle up more in the next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-img_1296.jpg  

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-img_1304.jpg  

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-img_1309.jpg  

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-img_1351.jpg  

Travelogue : Scaling Vagamon and its heights-img_1503.jpg  

Old 9th October 2009, 23:02   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

The pics you guys have taken would make a person pick up his keys and start driving to Vagamon.

Maggie, I'll say it again. You should have added one more day to this trip.
Old 9th October 2009, 23:19   #58
Team-BHP Support

What snake was that? Any idea?

Guys pictures and log are AWESOME! Riju sorry, but Canon rocks with the tone's!
Old 10th October 2009, 00:02   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
What snake was that? Any idea?

Guys pictures and log are AWESOME! Riju sorry, but Canon rocks with the tone's!
Jaggu methinks it was a rat snake. However from the way the snake coiled up itself at one point in time it dint look one.

BTW the D80 was seldom used from day 2. Most of the images are from the Fuji finepix .Courtesy my wife !!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th October 2009 at 08:31. Reason: Sending PM
Old 10th October 2009, 07:28   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Maggie, I'll say it again. You should have added one more day to this trip.
I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, a leave on Monday was impossible due to some scheduled skullduggery meetings in office + Sahana is out of paid leaves for this calendar year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks