Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 10:00   #16
rkg
Senior - BHPian

The Nandi at Lepakshi faces the shiva linga on serpent in temple. one can see it, even though there are many house in between
Old 17th August 2010, 10:13   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
The Nandi at Lepakshi faces the shiva linga on serpent in temple. one can see it, even though there are many house in between
Now that you mention it, I did notice that!
Old 17th August 2010, 11:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. I have been planing this one day trip for almost 2 years now. Something or other comes up and till date, not done it.

Hope to do it soon. Thanks for the road updates.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Road Condition: Its a breeze to hit the AP Border (The first toll gate is right on the border.)
After the toll gate, you hit the Raxa Academy on the left. Take first exist after this and you will be greeted wit the state road that joins NH7 to Hindupur. Lepakshi lies on this route about 15 km from the GQ.
Hi Ampere, is it the first left after the Toll Gate? Yesterday I hv travelled up to Darmavaram via NH7, and want to spot the left turn. But couldn't ..!!!

Quote:
Another thing I wonder is that NH7 is grossly under-utilized on the BLR-HYD section.
(Well I have not been all the way to HYD, but to whatever distance I have traversed on this sector, it made me think this way)

The few number of times I have been to this side, I hardly see many vehicles on the road (though good for me! ).
I too have the same openion. The traffic is very less after Devanahalli and Chickaballapur. There is hardly any shops, houses (and even trees for shade..!!) on the side of NH 7 till NS Gate. I was able to keep average of 102km/hr..!!!

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 20th August 2010, 10:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Bumping an old thread. Did not want to start a new one.
.. Its a breeze to hit the AP Border (The first toll gate is right on the border.)
After the toll gate, you hit the Raxa Academy on the left. Take first exist after this and you will be greeted wit the state road that joins NH7 to Hindupur.
Ampere, thanks for updating this thread!

Two Sundays ago we took the Fiesta for a run and thought I'd combine it with a Lepakshi visit.

I reached the Toll gate and Raxa academy but did not see any turn. There was a petrol bunk and when I asked he said go back but couldn't locate the turn off. I didn't see any board either. We got very delayed in our start from home, moreover it began to rain, so we returned.

Where exactly is this turn off and is there any board?

There was a temple on the road in the Karnataka side, lot of crowd everywhere on the road and roadside, what temple is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Hi Ampere, is it the first left after the Toll Gate? Yesterday I hv travelled up to Darmavaram via NH7, and want to spot the left turn. But couldn't ..!!!
Rajesh
Me too!
Old 20th August 2010, 11:37   #21
Team-BHP Support

Damu, Rajesh,

OK let me tell you another landmark, which is easier. After you cross the first toll gate, you will hit Raxa academy.
After Raxa, could you located the APTDC hotel? The left turn is few paces down that hotel

You will see lots of trucks parked there.

Also this is BEFORE the Puttuparthi diversion
(This diversion now is very obvious thanks the Sai Baba board which they have put at the turning).

Damu, I am not aware of the roadside temple. Did not notice it. And yes there is a small board which says Lepakshi to the left.
I did notice it.

Last edited by ampere : 20th August 2010 at 11:39.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Ampere, thanks for updating this thread!

There was a temple on the road in the Karnataka side, lot of crowd everywhere on the road and roadside, what temple is that?
That goddess in that Temple is called SUNKALAMA AVVA, she comes under the categories of GRAMA DEVATHA'S(Village Gods).

The Temple is basically a very small one say it is 5x5 feet.

On tuesdays and fridays its very hard to get dharshan.
Old 20th August 2010, 13:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

@damu, @rajesh

I had been to Lepakshi last year, if i remember correctly, the distance from Hebbal to Bagepalli is about 90 KMs.

Bagepalli is the border village from Karnataka side, one will have to go through a area where lots of trucks are parked on both sides of the NH7 road. There one needs to take a left side, the road is very narrow.

a bit further one can see some crane birds made of concrete and a elevated lake one has to drive further

from NH7, Lepakshi is about 20-23KMs.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:18   #24
Team-BHP Support

@Star,

Now since the toll booth has come up, its an easier land mark.
After the toll look for Raxa and then look for APTDC restaurant.

Also I tried to find out how this elevated lake looks like.
(I hope you are referring to the lake separated by a huge bund on the left side of the road).

I climbed up to see what it contained and this is what I found:

Bangalore - Lepakshi - Devanahalli Fort - Bangalore : 1 Day Drive-dsc07058.jpg
Bangalore - Lepakshi - Devanahalli Fort - Bangalore : 1 Day Drive-dsc07059.jpg
Old 20th August 2010, 14:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

@ampere

now the lake seems to be hiding below those plants.

This was the crane
Bangalore - Lepakshi - Devanahalli Fort - Bangalore : 1 Day Drive-crane.jpg

This was the elevated pathway
Bangalore - Lepakshi - Devanahalli Fort - Bangalore : 1 Day Drive-elevated-pathway.jpg

This was the lake near the tree which is seen in the above picture
Bangalore - Lepakshi - Devanahalli Fort - Bangalore : 1 Day Drive-lake.jpg

We had a home cooked breakfast there under the tree shade
Bangalore - Lepakshi - Devanahalli Fort - Bangalore : 1 Day Drive-breakfast.jpg

Last edited by StarVegabond : 20th August 2010 at 15:04.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:46   #26
BHPian

So basically, we keep to NH7 till we come to the first toll gate. After that, we continue till we reach RAXA and APTDC hotel and take the left which comes right after. Am I right? I am planning to go there this weekend, so would like a conformation
Old 20th August 2010, 15:01   #27
Team-BHP Support

@Star I did see the crane. I think the shade where you guys sat, is the tree-group, which you can see in my first snap, that I attached in the previous post. Looking at the bund I kind of guessed that there would a look. This coupled with Crane's statue, made me believe that there has to be a lake and a bird sanctuary some where there (Very much like Kokrebellur)

But that was an amazing location.

Raj, yes thats exactly the route.

Options for food: Around 7 km after Chikballapur there is a Kamat on the left while going towards HYD.

Last edited by ampere : 20th August 2010 at 15:04.
Old 20th August 2010, 17:32   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Damu, Rajesh,..After you cross the first toll gate, you will hit Raxa academy.
After Raxa, could you located the APTDC hotel? The left turn is few paces down that hotel..You will see lots of trucks parked there.
Ampere, thanks again. I guess I should be able to find it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy6980 View Post
That goddess in that Temple is called SUNKALAMA AVVA, she comes under the categories of GRAMA DEVATHA'S(Village Gods).
Reddy, thanks for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy6980 View Post
The Temple is basically a very small one say it is 5x5 feet...
On tuesdays and fridays its very hard to get dharshan.
You are right, it is very small, so much so I could hardly spot the temple itself. That day (Sunday) there was a very large crowd at that place, like a "santhe", so many people were around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
@damu, @rajesh ...I had been to Lepakshi last year, if i remember correctly, the distance from Hebbal to Bagepalli is about 90 KMs.
Bagepalli is the border village from Karnataka side, one will have to go through a area where lots of trucks are parked on both sides of the NH7 road. There one needs to take a left side, the road is very narrow.
a bit further one can see some crane birds made of concrete and a elevated lake one has to drive further from NH7, Lepakshi is about 20-23KMs.
Star, thanks for clarifying. Hope I find this next time with all the details from Ampere and you!
Old 20th August 2010, 18:12   #29
Team-BHP Support

Damu, Next time you will have your Garmin with you!
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:03   #30
BHPian

Hi Ampere,

I didnt know about this place earlier. The pics were good. Need to check it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks