Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 14:25   #1
BHPian

Ashtvinayak Yatra - wonderful experience in my i10

Atlast I was able to plan and execute long awaited Ashtvinayak Darshan.

Mr wife and kids only four of us did this last weekend in our i10. Started at around 1 PM (too late to start but kids had school) from Mulund and directly off to New Mumbai. Managed to touch Pune Mumbai expressway by 2.15PM. Stopped for few minutes grabbed some burgers and fries and started off again while munching the snacks.

I took a right from Panvel to be on the Pune Goa highway. However there was lot of traffic in Panvel and it took us nearly half an hour to cross Panvel. Then it was a smooth ride till Nagothane. Took left from there and were in Pali around 4 PM. The temple was all empty for us. We had darshan and a few snaps we took in the premises of the temple.

Started to our next destination Mahad which is around 40 Kms from Pali. The road is a very good to drive barring a few bad patches. Reached Mahad at around 5.15 PM and had darshan. Here also there were very few people in the temple. It was already nearing 6 PM and we had just finished two Ashtvinayak. Came on the Mumbai Pune expressway and stopped for few minutes at the Food Plaza. I was thinking what to do, whether should finish Ranjangoan today only or leave it for tomorrow. It was already gettting a bit darker.

After talking to wife, we decided to finish the third Ashtvinayak Darshan today only and then proceed to Pune for night halt. It was already 7 PM when we reached Talegoan Toll Plaza and it was dark. However I am familiar with the Talegoan Shikrapur road so got into that road. The distance is about 55 Kms and can be covered in around an hour or so if there is not much traffic. However we were wrong, as soon as we crossed Talegoan and were nearing Chakhan there were lorries, autos and what not. The evening traffic was to its fullest. After crossing Chakan, the last 15 Kms to Shikrapur were wonderful. Great road and hardly any vehicles. We touched Pune Nagar highway exactly at 9PM.

Reached Ranjangoan Mahaganpati at 9.20PM. Had wonderful darshan with hardly any people in the permises. This temple is very well managed and easiest of all the Ashtvinayaks with regard to the access from the main road. Started off from Ranjangoan at 9.45 PM and reached Pune at 11PM.

Stayed at Hotel Woodland near the station and after having dinner went off to school. Was quite satisfied that we finished three Ashtvinayak Darshan on day 1.
Old 13th October 2009, 14:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up aryashiv1, how about some pics too ?
Old 13th October 2009, 15:44   #3
BHPian

Thanks Kannan, dont have many pics. But whatever I have will post it later.
Old 13th October 2009, 23:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
after having dinner went off to school.
- which school buddy ?

Great start - I am glued to this thread. And post some pictures too.
Old 14th October 2009, 10:16   #5
BHPian

Sorry mate, went to sleep not school.

Day 2

After a hearty breakfast started our day 2 at 11.30 AM. Quite late to start but we were fine with it as we wanted to finish 3 Ashtvinayak on Solapur highway.

We crossed Hadapsar in about 30 minutes and were near the first Toll Plaza. After crossing toll plaza we took left for Theur and were at Theur - a very small Maharashtrian Village in about 20 minutes. We had quick Darshan. Being saturday and morning time, there were quite a few people there for Darshan. We headed back to the highway and on to next Ashtvinayak.

It was a smooth ride till Chafulla. After reaching Chafulla took right turn near the Petrol Pump on the way to Moregoan. Its a very lovely drive with not so great road but the greenary around, kids were really thrilled to see tomato plants, lemon plants and so many new things for them. As I was about to reach Supa, this is where I noticed 4 puntos all white with MH12 TC registration numbers. One of the Puntos was white black checked and others were all normal ones without any disguise. I managed to click just one pic of the punto which I noticed was 1.4 Petrol (i noticed it after enlarging the pic which I took). Before I could take more pics, they sped off and roads being so narrow and not so great did not think of following them. But I am sure they were testing the new engines for Punto.

We reached Moregoan around 2.15 PM. Had darshan, not many people around. After doing some shopping we left for our last Ashtivinayak for the day at Sidhtek. While I was coming back, I was wishing if I could see those Puntos again but no they were not there.

Back on Solapur highway at around 3.30 PM. Reached Patas and took a left for Daund, after crosssing railway flyover at Daund the road is really horrible with lot of dust and patholes. We reached Sidhtek at around 4.30 PM. To enter Sidhtek, you need to cross a bridge with no side railings. I wonder its a river or a lake because I am sure during heavy rains, water must be flowing over it and it can be dangerous. Had darshan and were back to on our way to Pune at 5PM. Again the drive till Highway was slow with not so good roads. Once we touched the highway, it was smooth drive all over.

Stopped again at Chaffula to fill up the tank. And you know did see those two white puntos parked on one side of the petrol pump. Went closer to have a look but both were 1.4 L Petrol clearly written. I did click a pic. Will post it later in the day. There was something written and pasted may be the experts can figure it out.

Reached Pune at 7 PM. Rested for a white and after freshening up, thought of doing some shopping. Went to M G Street, SGS Mall - did some shopping and then went to George Restaurant for dinner. A very bad place for vegetarians I would say. I wont recommend it to anyone if you are a vegetarian and mind you its not cheap as well. Had a small altercation with the manager over the quality of food and he was very apologatic about it.

Came back to the hotel, and were off the sleep.
Old 14th October 2009, 13:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1]It was a smooth ride till Chafulla. After reaching Chafulla took right turn near the Petrol Pump on the way to Moregoan. Its a very lovely drive with not so great road but the greenary around, kids were really thrilled to see tomato plants, lemon plants and so many new things for them. We reached Moregoan around 2.15 PM.

2] To enter Sidhtek, you need to cross a bridge with no side railings. I wonder its a river or a lake because I am sure during heavy rains, water must be flowing over it and it can be dangerous.

1] At Supa,you could have visited Mayureshwar wildlife sanctuary which is along the road. The sanctuary is full of Chinkaras.

2] That is Bhima river and at that bridge it is all time flowing due to backwater of Ujani dam near Indapur.
Old 14th October 2009, 16:16   #7
BHPian

Ashish, did not see any signboard mentioning the wildlife sanctuary otherwise would surely have gone. Kids do enjoy such places.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:52   #8
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry mate, went to sleep not school.
Lol. That's what I used to do in school anyway. . Eagerly waiting for some photos here.
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:51   #9
BANNED

still incomplete ! waiting for rest of log !
Old 4th November 2009, 09:51   #10
BHPian

Post some nice pics.
Would love to see the temples in Pics atleast.
I have covered only 3 Ganapatis our of 8 so far.
Old 5th November 2009, 08:53   #11
BHPian

@aryashiv
Pictures my friend, where are the pictures ?
Old 6th November 2009, 16:25   #12
BHPian

Sorry guys, now let me take you through the last day of my Ashtvinayak.

We started off as usual at our liesure at 11 AM and by the we touch Nashik Highway it was 11.45 AM. Morning traffic in Pune. Its a decent drive all the way. Its a good road all the way till Rajgurunagar. After that it becomes a single lane road.

On the way in Manchar we met with lot of traffic. Apparently Udhav Thackerey was coming same evening to address some poll rally. Took left from Narayabgoan and were on the single lane road to Lenyadri. This drive is very schenic with moutains view on both sides. You could have a great view of the Bhimashankar hills on the left. Reached Lenyadri at 2.45PM. Parked our car and started our climb to the Lenyadri Ashtvinayak - you have to climb around 240 steps but no a big issue for us as we are used to climbing. Even my kids were enjoying the climb, the monkeys. We reached the temple in 15 minutes. Had very good darshan and sat inside the cave for 15 minutes, clicked some pictures and were back at the parking site at 3.30PM.

So seventh Ashtvinayak was done and we were off to our last Ashtvinayak Darshan at Ozar. The road from Lenyadri to Ozar is really in very very bad shape. So many people travel on these road, and I dont know why the local MLAs & MPs make it drivable. For 12 Kms we took more than 40 minutes to reach. Were at Ozar at 4.15PM. It is one of most organized Ashtvinyaks of all with nice surroundings. Had very peaceful Darshan. There were very few people. FInished darshan and finally it was mission accomplished and time for return journey. Before we left Ozar we had light lunch and then we started from Ozar at 5.15 PM.

TOuched Kalyan Nagar highwway in 20 minutes and then drive from there all the way till the starting of Malshed Ghat is truely wonderful. Hardly any traffic, wonderful road, nice view on both sides - on one side you see the mountains and on the other side there is some river flower or may be its a dam or something but very scenic. It was evening time overcast and lovely climate to drive. This drive was the best of my three days. Had clicked some pics which will upload this Sunday for sure.

Once we reached Malshed Ghat, stopped for few minutes enjoyed the surroundings, did not get wet under water falls however there is a water fall somewhere on the way where water falls directly on the road, i10 must have had the best bath there in its last one year. The drive all the way till Murbad is wonderful. Only after we crossed Murbad the traffic, autos and people - we came to know now its Mumbai meri jaan and we are here.

We were home exactly at 7.30 PM after a wonderful Ashtvinayak Darshan, some shopping in Pune, the lovely drive from Ozar (last Ashtvinayak) all the way till Murbad. It was one of best drives I did.

Will post some pics soon.

My next traget is drive my little i10 all the way to Himachal Pradesh my native place next year. Plans already started. Suggestions, ideas and inputs welcomed from all experts. Just a thought I hope the Rewari junctions is clear (raods are in better conditions) by next year because I dont want to get into Delhi. I want to travel during April 2010.
Old 7th November 2009, 14:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took left from Narayabgoan and were on the single lane road to Lenyadri.

we were off to our last Ashtvinayak Darshan at Ozar. The road from Lenyadri to Ozar is really in very very bad shape. r we had light lunch and then we started from Ozar at 5.15 PM.

TOuched Kalyan Nagar highwway in 20 minutes
Are you sure that you had done first lenyadri and then ozar.
From narayangaon, ozar is near than lenyadri.
In other statement, you had mentioned that after starting from ozar, you touched kalyan-nagar highway in 20 min. It is just impossible. which route you had taken from ozar to touch this nagar highway?
Old 7th November 2009, 15:04   #14
BHPian

I know Ozar is near to Narayangoan and I even noticed it. But I had taken details from the one of the earlier travelogues where in the guy had done it lenyadri first and then Ozar so I followed the same route. I did notice a signboard towards Ozar after taking left at Nararyangoan but somehow thought of following the same route as was mentioned in the travelogue. And it did not turn out be longer route through Junnar.

yes from Ozar the Kalyan Nagar highway is just 10 kms and it did not take us more than 20 minutes to touch it. There is one road to touch this highway from lenyadri also and one road from Ozar also. After finishing Ozar I asked the local folks around and the road is straight not very good but drivable. I am sure I did it in if not 20 mintues may be half an hour. Not more than that.
Old 7th November 2009, 15:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes from Ozar the Kalyan Nagar highway is just 10 kms and it did not take us more than 20 minutes to touch it. There is one road to touch this highway from lenyadri also and one road from Ozar also. After finishing Ozar I asked the local folks around and the road is straight not very good but drivable. I am sure I did it in if not 20 mintues may be half an hour. Not more than that.
OH,
I never know about this road from ozar.
thanks for input.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks