Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 20:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hey Traveloholic, good account of the journey and some really good photographs.

Please keep it coming
Old 20th October 2009, 11:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56
We need more posts to justify that statement!
Justifications on the way, wait no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56
MileCruncher
Thanks & Happy Reading. After reading your Leh Travelouge, I feel that adrenalin rush to embark on that journey albeit in a Scorpio rather than in my Ikon.
Old 20th October 2009, 17:53   #33
BHPian

Hi Traveloholic,

Thank you for this well written travelogue. The pics were awesome. Awaiting more pics.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:39   #34
BHPian

Thanks everyone for reading throught and following up with this travelouge. The second half of the travelouge is on roll now and shall keep you engulfed for a couple of days for sure.

Catching up with the winks, we missed for the past 24 hours and a heavy breakfast, we were ready to roll out for the day to make sure that we make the best use of the time and checkout most of the places around.

As per the itinerary, we planned to visit everything. However, time being constraint we thought lets stick to the important ones for now. Planned to visit Fort Aguada, Sinquerim Beach, Candolim Beach, Baga Beach, Anjuna Beach and then head towards Mapusa.

If you are wondering why Mapusa instead of heading towards Vagator Beach, we had to gear up for the drive back home and had to replace the 3rd or 4th or 5th hand tube, we purchased at the tyre shop, when we had a Flat Tyre and a dented Alloy Wheel.

The whole itinerary for the first half of the day was Fort Aguada - Sinquerim Beach - Candolim Beach - Baga Beach - Anjuna Beach

With the plan much in place, we headed towards Fort Aguada. It was more of a sight seeing at Fort Aguada. With clouds everywhere, we were left out with no option to capture the magnificent sea. Erstwhile, the Magnificent Sea looks worth the capture on a sunny day, with the Blue Sky meeting the Blue Water at the Horizon. It’s a breathtaking scene nevertheless we missed that opportunity this time.

The better side of the story was the usual dry and parched fort was greener this time. Nature has its own beauty and it was to the peak this season.

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-01.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-02.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-03.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-04.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-05.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-06.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-07.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-08.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-09.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-10.jpg

Last edited by traveloholic : 21st October 2009 at 12:41.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:49   #35
BHPian

Some more pics of Fort Aguada

Strolled around Fort Aguada trying to capture the best shots around and overheard a bunch of telugu speaking guys wandering aimlessly around the fort and discussing amongst themselves as to why they were there. They started comparing Fort Aguada to Golconda Fort. What a comparison

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-11.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-12.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-13.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-14.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-15.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-16.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-17.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-fort-aguada-18.jpg
Old 21st October 2009, 14:39   #36
BHPian

Our Motto

Once out of Fort Aguada, we all wanted to visit the old jail, but were told that no ones allowed inside. Hope they make it a tourist destination soon. Would love to peek into the Old Goa Jail once. Then headed towards Sinquerim Beach.

Had a chance meet with Avi (mobike008). Had to ask Avi about the route he was planning to take to reach Hyderabad. We were supposed to leave the same day. I was very much aware of his travel plans and he was my ROUTE MENTOR for this trip. As we were catching up with each other, the rain started lashing out at its fullest fury again. Bidding those adieus for the moment, Avi rushed to a safer hideout to escape the thunderous rain and his camera safely resting in my car for the time being.

As people were running helter-skelter searching for shelter to save them from getting drenched in rain, we were happily jay walking towards the beach to experience this thing as well.

As we all knew “if it’s not getting better then let us enjoy the worst at least”. With this motto, we made sure that we enjoyed every single moment we had on hand. This was the moment; we started enjoying every single moment we came across. As the rain was lashing out real hard, we thought it was not advisable to pull out the camera to capture a couple of pics. Headed towards Candolim Beach to have a better view of River Princess.

Saw this Life Guard taking hurried steps towards the other side of the beach. We tried stopping him to ask him about something, he rushed past us without giving us a reply. We turned back to see him running towards a couple moving towards the deeper waters. Even thought it might seem to be of knee height but still you cannot analyze the force of nature. Moreover, these so called literate people did not even bother to understand why the red flags were put all over the place, they could not even make out that it was High Tide time at the sea and the sea was turning voilent.

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-candolim-beach-01.jpg

Is every explorer so elated upon his discovery?
Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-candolim-beach-03.jpg

The Rusting "RIVER PRINCESS"
Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-candolim-beach-02.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-candolim-beach-04.jpg
Old 26th October 2009, 10:14   #37
BHPian

Some more on Baga Beach

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-baga-beach-01.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-baga-beach-02.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-baga-beach-03.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-baga-beach-04.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-baga-beach-05.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-baga-beach-06.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-baga-beach-07.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-baga-beach-09.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-baga-beach-10.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-day-2-baga-beach-11.jpg
Old 26th October 2009, 22:26   #38
BHPian

The Rusting River Princess...

I was looking at your photo of the 'Rusting River Princess' and I can see what looks like an electric wire strung up from the ship to shore ? (See Red Arrows in the pic below). Looks like there is some activity on the ship??

The ship has been declared as a state ecological disaster and the ship is apparently causing the erosion & degradation of the Candolim beach. Yet nothing much has been done to move the ship.

The ship got beached sometime in June 2000 and there have been talks of removing the wreck since around 2004... and in a couple of months it will be 2010!

G.O.A. Toronto | Goan Overseas Association | River Princess declared a state dis

Goa: Grounded River Princess raises ecological concerns

MV River Princess Is The Drugs Transit Point In Goa

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-river-princess.jpg

Last edited by hotstuff : 26th October 2009 at 22:31.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:48   #39
BHPian

@hotstuff
I echo with your views. I have read the length and breadth of Internet to search and read about MV River Princess and I agree it is the major cause of erosion & degradation of the Candolim beach. Hope they do something about it atleast now before its too late and we lose Candolim Beach for ever. Else it would be another year of the same ship, spoiling the ecologial balance of Candolim Beach
Old 27th October 2009, 12:44   #40
BHPian

Goa'd and Back

Adieu — The Farewell
Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-img_1967.jpg

New Tyre replaced about 250kms before Hyderabad. It sure has taken the beating.
Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-img_1972.jpg

Our Ride after bearing everything and getting us back homes safe and sound. Love you My Ikon

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-img_1968.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-img_1970.jpg

Trip De Goa - Rain, More Rain-img_1971.jpg

So long to go before I set the wheels in motion to some place I always dreamt of being to. Keep those praises dropping in, those keep me elated most of the time
Old 30th October 2009, 18:39   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Adieu — The Farewell
Attachment 216553

New Tyre replaced about 250kms before Hyderabad. It sure has taken the beating.
Attachment 216557

Our Ride after bearing everything and getting us back homes safe and sound. Love you My Ikon

Attachment 216554

Attachment 216555

Attachment 216556

So long to go before I set the wheels in motion to some place I always dreamt of being to. Keep those praises dropping in, those keep me elated most of the time
But did you 'actually' ask for the keys to the aunty.... anyway verywell written.... good going and we look forward to such blogs. I am sure you have few more trips planned, do let me know before you finalise. i may be of some help to you....wat say ???? LOL
Old 1st November 2009, 13:16   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

I didnt know you changed it with a brand new tyre. I thought you just got the puncture repaired. So you white car came back from goa becoming black.

Nice ending to the monsoon trip. I took a vow that i am not going back to goa during monsoons for a few years.
Old 1st November 2009, 17:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

@Traveloholic: A Bit OT but I see both the ORVMs folded in all the pictures. Do you not use them?
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:34   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer008
I am sure you have few more trips planned, do let me know before you finalise. i may be of some help to you....wat say???? LOL
Yup! Some more plans in store. Shall confirm once something works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@Traveloholic: A Bit OT but I see both the ORVMs folded in all the pictures. Do you not use them?
We do use ORVM's, but my friend was not comfortable with ORVM's. He drives it closed.

Most Viewed