Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 17:21   #16
BHPian

Dear all, Thanks for the nice words.
In 3 hours, I will start packing for flight to Delhi tomorrow, so I will try to sum-up my reply. It's 0 deg. here. On Wed/Thu was -2 deg. Looking for some warm weather in India..!!

Kiren, Sorry for using Kiran instead of Kiren. Would love to meet you in Mumbai next time. Let me know if you are in Delhi anytime in between.

Rudra, Nice hearing from you. Looking forward to tele-talk when in Delhi. Yes, tyres are same, still 4mm tread on it, good for another 30k mileage. Never saw anything better, great for road and off-road usage. Looking forward to spending sometime together on next Ladakh 2010...already planning in full go. I got used to Monopod, excellent altrnative, light, carry everywhere and very versatile indeed etc.

Ravveendrra !! Thanks for looking thru Website. Let me know incase you required many more info. which I could not include on the Website.

gd1418 !! Would be fun to meet all you BHPians. I am just a newbie on this Forum. The Tiger shots are from Kanha (4 tigers incl. a maneater tigress) and (7 in Bandhavgarh) on MP tour. Panna tigers are non-existant and same for Pench. Satpura stay was rather brief for a tiger-hunt. I could film other species in these parks namely rare wild dogs, birds etc.

For Delhi meet:: I will be free anytime between 20thOct till 11th Nov and again from 28th Nov till 7th Dec. Rudra, plan your travel accordingly...please. Yes, it would be great time together. If you all want, I can host an evening for you all in Greater Kailash-I, otherwise, you say the venue.

For all, Most of the data-sheets are primarily for Team-BHP members. I still need to do a complexity analysis (no. of steep bends) in roads from HP and Ladakh. Will do asap.

Ajay
Old 18th October 2009, 18:03   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay Narayan View Post
Looking forward to spending sometime together on next Ladakh 2010...already planning in full go. I got used to Monopod, excellent altrnative, light, carry everywhere and very versatile indeed etc.
We'll plan as soon as you reach here.

I just never liked monopod as you know. We talked about this before.

Forgot to ask, how did you manage that Prannoy Roy look?
Old 18th October 2009, 18:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
We'll plan as soon as you reach here.

I just never liked monopod as you know. We talked about this before.

Forgot to ask, how did you manage that Prannoy Roy look?
I know your Monopod disliking, me too, but it has great flexibility at least for quick shots like in Wildlife and saving time in putting it up. Will talk about it and many other things.

Had to fish out Prannoy Roy from Google search as I am out of touch with such personalities. The hat covers my bald and growing beard saves me time on these trips, besides my cheeks are warm in cold weather ..!! One must go thru all the planning details..huh ! See you sooon..

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th October 2009 at 18:34.
Old 18th October 2009, 18:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Ajay ji,

I will PM you my number separately. I am flexible either ways - but if yourself/Rudra are in town, we can troop over to GK to meet you. GD works in delhi too.

Once you arrive, will try and see what can happen on the 24/25th or such unless you are traveling!
Old 18th October 2009, 23:29   #20
BHPian

Simply great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay Narayan View Post
....For all, Most of the data-sheets are primarily for Team-BHP members. I still need to do a complexity analysis (no. of steep bends) in roads from HP and Ladakh. Will do asap....

Ajay
Thanks a lot! Looking forward to an intersting outcome.
Old 19th October 2009, 16:11   #21
BHPian

Hi Ajay sir,

Just came across this thread of yours, and to my good fortunes, got introduced to a great traveling icon !. By now, you must have arrived at Delhi. I have just started to explore (!) your travelogues. Of course, it'll take time to read and digest those high intensity and quality details.

Anyway, have great time in the company of other T-BHPians at Delhi.
Old 20th October 2009, 21:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Hi Ajay sir,

Just came across this thread of yours, and to my good fortunes, got introduced to a great traveling icon !. By now, you must have arrived at Delhi. I have just started to explore (!) your travelogues. Of course, it'll take time to read and digest those high intensity and quality details.

Anyway, have great time in the company of other T-BHPians at Delhi.
Hii LoooongDrive lover !!!
Enjoy Team-BHP Forum. Yes, I am now in Delhi. I will be more than happy if u could digest all these Travels... I am still coping with it !! India has such a huuuuuge Bandwidth of life that a single identitiy can not fatham its depth in a Lifetime. Let me know incase you need any other info....!
Thanks for looking at the Website and taking pains to reply.
Ajay
Old 21st October 2009, 22:07   #23
BHPian

Ajay Ji,

How do I see the photos of the tigers on your website, I am at your site and totally lost!!!

Kartik
Old 21st October 2009, 22:16   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skartik2 View Post
How do I see the photos of the tigers on your website, I am at your site and totally lost!!!
Go to the first post of this thread>Click on Ajay Narayan>Click on Ajay Narayan again>Photo gallery>Madhya Pradesh National Parks 2009>Enjoy>Reply.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st October 2009 at 22:18.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hitanshu, don't keep anything on the 24th & 25th, please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Ajay ji,

I will PM you my number separately. I am flexible either ways - but if yourself/Rudra are in town, we can troop over to GK to meet you. GD works in delhi too.

Once you arrive, will try and see what can happen on the 24/25th or such unless you are traveling!
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Hitanshu, don't keep anything on the 24th & 25th, please....
Guys, I did talk to Hitanshu but I need to first talk to Rudra today evening so that we can all meet. Hv noted that 24/25 are off-limits. Looking foraward to seeing you all. Ajay
Old 26th October 2009, 13:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hitanshu, Ajay & Rudra,

Any meeting this week possible?
Old 26th October 2009, 14:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for ajay saab to revert. He did sms that he'd get back. Will update
Old 29th October 2009, 22:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

Few people, if at all, can tell stories entirely with their pictures only.
its almost 3 days now, I have been engrossed looking through your travels. So many stories in each story. I wouldn't know what you call it in photographic parlance but the content of your pictures actually speak, at least I feel that way.

Very inspiring, encouraging and humbling at the same time. Stunning and beautiful. You've managed to capture the essence of it all. Thank you for sharing this. Its like a big museum and a wonderland collection, of a wonderland called India.

Im going to continue to stay engrossed.

Cheers,
Jay
Old 30th October 2009, 00:04   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Very inspiring, encouraging and humbling at the same time. Stunning and beautiful. You've managed to capture the essence of it all. Thank you for sharing this. Its like a big museum and a wonderland collection, of a wonderland called India.

Im going to continue to stay engrossed.

Cheers,
Jay
Jay, It makes me happy to know that you like the images. There is so much to tell and so little time. India is one of the most fascinating land I ever saw. I will soon have to rethink adding many more info on these and future Travels but that will have to wait till Jan/Feb next year once I am back home in Zurich. Do let me know incase you require more info. Enjoy !
Ajay

Most Viewed