Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:07   #151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet8796 View Post
Hey Tanveer,

I have been reading your travelogue for last 3 hours and I went back twice to admire all the pictures. This is super stuff man, and as many people have already mentioned, I could really "feel" the chill in all the snow pics.

This gives a lot of inspiration to lesser mortals like me to gather courage and do a similar trip.

Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshukalia View Post
Nice pictures of a great adventurous trip
Good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Some guys have all the fun.

Maybe someday I'll find some people who want to go to crazy places, or perhaps till the day I go crazy enough to leave alone.

Really great thread. Hats off to you sire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I have figured one thing out, to enjoy this guys thread one needs to have loads of patience. So even though i saw this post on day 1, never returned till today 22.00 hrs, and i can say no regrets

cheerios!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Like all good things, this travelogue too comes to a end (I just finished reading). Absolutely rivetting stuff, which had me excited (always), laughing (often), on the edge of my seat (mostly), a shade of green with envy (throughout)!

I agree with Jaggu, once TSK starts one of his travelogues, I check to see if they are over and then pick a time when I have a few hours to read and relish them and read them at one go. Right now, I am breathless. TSK's trips never cease to leave me open mouthed in awe and wonder. I first saw photographs of Zanskar in 1980 or thereabouts and they left me cold. Other pictures of Ladakh or other high mountains did not move me and I never felt a tug, a hankering or wish to visit. The landscapes seemed monotonous, a dull brown with splashes of white etc. My reaction to those pictures was - "Ok, it is a desert, maybe a cold one, but still a desert". (I am not a desert person, more a beach bum).

One person, TSK, changed that forever. Courtesy his travelogues, in which TSK literally becomes one with the mountains and lucidly brings out their immense beauty through words and pictures - I now realise that I must, god willing, tour these awesome places sometime in this life. Of course, being the 'water person' I am, I found the lakes, streams and rivers the most beautiful - can't change a leopard's spots.

Cheers TSK,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunu AMG View Post
Tanveerji, what i should say,really i'm going crazy,i just wanna say that YOU BORN TO DRIVE...thanks a billion for this posting which was like seeing a thriller movie.
Thanks for your comments everyone. I am a water person too, and lakes and rivers never cease to fascinate me!

And yes, Leh is one place which you should do atleast once in a lifetime! Ideally many times more!
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:01   #152

boy oh boy!! what a trip!!! Absolutely stunned to see pics. It is like I have taken a quick power nap in the office to step into a dreamland.
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:45   #153
Senior - BHPian

Frick!

I missed an exam last afternoon.

Old 5th November 2009, 20:47   #154
Senior - BHPian

A Baffled friend

Me: I had been on a trip this diwali.
Friend (confused): What, come again?
Me: I had been on a trip this diwali.
Friend: No way man, we hanged out together remember?
Me: Yes, we did. Still, I had been on a trip. A trip to the mountains, started from Delhi.
Friend: (Looking more confused than ever) Have you lost it? you drunk or what? You were with MEEE.
Me: Will show you the pics morrow.
( I send him the link of this post.)
Next day, my friend to another of our friend, "We had been to the mountains this diwali"
Another Friend : What?!!
And the story continues..
Old 6th July 2018, 10:12   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Riders on a Storm

Revisited just for fun after your latest short trip log.....boy you made me waste half a day at office again!!

The original system of not holding threads to assembly line was so much more fun and interactive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks