Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 15:05   #46
BHPian

We are a responsible nation and so our behaviour should be responsible, transparent and fair - the BSF response to your query exemplifies that.

Sam,

Please check out the following thread on Road and Travel Queries - Need assistance in planning a Rajasthan tour. I have also posted information required for planning my Mewar Circuit trip here.

Ramkya,

Expecting a travelogue on your Scotland and Cornwall/Devon tour, soon.

Regards
Old 4th November 2009, 18:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
We are a responsible nation and so our behaviour should be responsible, transparent and fair - the BSF response to your query exemplifies that.

Sam,

Please check out the following thread on Road and Travel Queries - Need assistance in planning a Rajasthan tour. I have also posted information required for planning my Mewar Circuit trip here.

Ramkya,

Regards
Dear issigonis,

Well, I have not done that Mewar part of the trip yet. But 'anainar' has done it and has some useful tips. Go thru his thread.

If you have time at Mount Abu and are inclined to treks - you will find some good trails. Check with RTDC for guides - do not venture alone.

Cheers, Sam
Old 4th November 2009, 19:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
We ..............

Ramkya,

Regards
Watch this thread, I am working my way towards Scotland and UK, end-to-end trip, along with the Europe one, finding it difficult to compress the story.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...k-end-end.html

====
Old 4th November 2009, 23:49   #49
BHPian

Interesting trip report. Especially the pictures from the border and the stations on the frontier.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen08 View Post
Interesting trip report. Especially the pictures from the border and the stations on the frontier.
Thanks Indizen08,

A rejoinder to the Youtube link.

The report is partially correct. Yes it is true that the Pakistan station is touching their gate which is not per the 'no mans land' protocol.

Inconsistencies - The reporter mentions about threat to India due to railway line - well it is equally true from Indian side where the railway line exists. It was funny to listen to that.
Then he talks about the 'height' of the Pakistan side station. Actually India side Munabao is at least 2.5 km away and out of sight , behind a curve and fenced all the way and therefore no threat at all !! I did not find a height advantage. Some times things do get blown out of proportion.

Buts that is what is generally called as posturing... And I think that report is at least a year old - I suspect more.

Cheers, Sam
Old 6th November 2009, 11:10   #51
BHPian

Hey , nice going thorugh thread once again and also looking at the wonderful photos that were posted, looking forward to more.!
Old 6th November 2009, 15:09   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Hey , nice going thorugh thread once again and also looking at the wonderful photos that were posted, looking forward to more.!
Thank you Majic,

I can understand the hunger for more but its the end of scenic & informative photos for this trip. Did a capture a lot on my handycam though.

Bye for now...
Old 28th June 2011, 18:21   #53
J.Ravi

Re: Trip Summary, the Trip log & Travelogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Trip Summary:
18 Oct - Baroda to Barmer via Viramgam, Tharad
19 Oct - Barmer to Jaisalmer via Munabao, Sundra, Miajla
20 Oct - Jaisalmer to Sam Sand Dunes
21 Oct - Jaisalmer to Jodhpur
22 Oct - Jodhpur
23 Oct - Jodhpur to Baroda via Pali, Palanpur, Mehsana
Thanks a lot, lightinin95, for this wonderful travelogue. I will be visiting Munabao and Jaisalmer as a part of my Kashmir trip within a couple of months in my petrol Linea. I have saved your pdf, which will be highly useful for me.
  (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 18:43   #54
BHPian

Re: Desert Rider Linea's 2000 kms & 6 days: Baroda-Barmer-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Baroda

Dear Ravi,

Was glad this 2 yr old post is still helpful. When you are closer to the travel dates, ping me if we can catch up.

Cheers, Sam
lightinin95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 18:49   #55
J.Ravi

Re: Desert Rider Linea's 2000 kms & 6 days: Baroda-Barmer-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Baroda

Thanks, once again, Sam. Sure, I would PM you soon after firming up my schedule. I will be going via Pune, Vadodara & Ahmedabad to Munabao/Jaisalmer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks