Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 16:24   #31
BANNED

Didn't you feel tired a bit ? As everyone says that Fiat cars are heavy and drives like heavy cars not like Japanese car as they are lighter and peppy.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Didn't you feel tired a bit ? As everyone says that Fiat cars are heavy and drives like heavy cars not like Japanese car as they are lighter and peppy.
Jackson: I had driven almost 4000 KM in 10 days and I cud say I have not even complaint once through out my journey about back pain or any body ache other than eye stress due to lack of sleep sometime.

Punto is fun to drive, its heavy and so gives firm grip on road even on higher speed which lacks in Japanese vehicles (thats my opinion). You need to drive it to believe it .
Old 29th October 2009, 19:38   #33
BANNED

I take your words as truth otherwise how can you drive so much in short time, must have been fun !
Old 29th October 2009, 19:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
I take your words as truth otherwise how can you drive so much in short time, must have been fun !
It is always fun to drive, "Live To Drive"!!!

Last year I did Mumbai > A'bad > Udaipur > Jaipur > Delhi > Chandigarh > Manali > Leh on my P 220 (bike) in 9 days. I simply love driving...I can sit back behind the wheels all the time.
Old 29th October 2009, 20:13   #35
BANNED

Nice to know that, At some point of my time when I was young, I used to do that.
I live in Delhi currently but go to Rajasthan quite often and love driving there because of low traffic after Ajmer and scenery there is spectacular.
Old 4th November 2009, 09:55   #36
BHPian

Amazing pics.Looks like they are coming out straight from a Punto advertisement.
Old 5th November 2009, 15:30   #37
BHPian

You pic of the car is stupendous ! the car looks so vibrant and alluring to take it for a spin. As you mentioned somewhere, Italian cars cannot be beat for their stability and tank like builds.

Nice read !
Old 6th November 2009, 11:08   #38
BHPian

Sandev, where is the rest of the travelogue, i am looking forward to more pictures!
Old 9th November 2009, 20:54   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Sandev, where is the rest of the travelogue, i am looking forward to more pictures!
Hey Guys, something terrible happened, I lost all my travel videos and pictures including Diwali pictures along with my family and daughter (her first Diwali). The card has stopped responding, not able retrieve any data out of it

All these days I was trying my best to get back those stuff frm card, but its just not possible now. I'm feeling damn bad for myself and keeping you all posted about this... :(
Old 11th November 2009, 16:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Awesome snaps & nice travelogue. Pls post some more if possible.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Hey Guys, something terrible happened, I lost all my travel videos and pictures including Diwali pictures along with my family and daughter (her first Diwali). The card has stopped responding, not able retrieve any data out of it

All these days I was trying my best to get back those stuff frm card, but its just not possible now. I'm feeling damn bad for myself and keeping you all posted about this... :(
Brother, there are quite a few softwares available to recall data from a crashed card.I had a issue wherein my HDD crashed.I formatted it and then ran the software to recall all the files from the disk.
Let me know if you need the softwares.
Old 11th November 2009, 18:36   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sandeep - For someone who joined T-BHP over 4 years back that is like less than 1 post per month !!

Anyways - sounds like a fantastic travelogue.

Was looking forward to the pics as I plan to do the Agra - Mumbai trip soon and then also Mumbai - Goa and I plan to take the Udaipur, Ahemdabad route as well as stop here for the night.

I have a 5 month old boy and I plan to do this trip in February, so he should be 8 months then !! Any advise on travelling with a baby. I get all sorts of mixed reactions when I tell my family I want to do the trip - some say wait till the baby's at least a year old and some say it's all right.

How is the toll 1890 ? That's a lot !!

By the way 20 kpl is a mind blowing FE you getting.
Old 11th November 2009, 18:46   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Brother, there are quite a few softwares available to recall data from a crashed card.I had a issue wherein my HDD crashed.I formatted it and then ran the software to recall all the files from the disk.
Let me know if you need the softwares.
Tell me tell me....pls. That wud be grt help. I'll be also searching over internet for the same. Thanks for ur concern and help, buddy!
Old 11th November 2009, 19:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Sandeep - For someone who joined T-BHP over 4 years back that is like less than 1 post per month !!

Anyways - sounds like a fantastic travelogue.

Was looking forward to the pics as I plan to do the Agra - Mumbai trip soon and then also Mumbai - Goa and I plan to take the Udaipur, Ahemdabad route as well as stop here for the night.

I have a 5 month old boy and I plan to do this trip in February, so he should be 8 months then !! Any advise on travelling with a baby. I get all sorts of mixed reactions when I tell my family I want to do the trip - some say wait till the baby's at least a year old and some say it's all right.

How is the toll 1890 ? That's a lot !!

By the way 20 kpl is a mind blowing FE you getting.
Agree, it's very less in numbers, but as said: Better late then never .

Hey if you are travelling frm Agra - Mumbai. Than my advice wud be to follow the route as below:

Agra - Jaipur: NH11

Jaipur - Ajmer (Kishangadh): Leave NH11 just before KISHANGADH (you don't need to enter Ajmer) and get on to NH79 and keep following the road till Chittaurgarh.

Chittaurgarh - Udaipur: NH 76

Udaipur - Ahemdabad - Mumbai: NH 8

Once you are on road, I'm sure u won't regret paying the toll. Roads are smooth and very easy to drive on. And the figure for my toll are of my complete journey frm Mumbai - Jaipur -Agra -Delhi - Jaipur - Mumbai.

As you mentioned you will be travelling with your baby. Well, my experience was pretty good. My wife and my baby were on back seat, comfortably sleeping most of the time. While I was behind the wheels and I was having gud time on my own way...DRIVING .

For my baby, I did carried some basic medicines as recommended by family doctor for fever, cold, nosel drop, gastric etc...but fortunately none of it came in use. Make sure to carry lots of diapers and wipes .

Last but not the least...just drive safely!

Let me know if you need any more specific info for ur travel. Cheers!

Last edited by sandev : 11th November 2009 at 19:16. Reason: Route updates
Old 25th January 2010, 01:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Hi Guys, I traveled from Navi Mumbai to my home town at Sambhar Lake and also visit.....

Journey Date: 13th Oct 2009 – 25th Oct 2009.

Destination: ....

Vehicle: Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3

Traveler: My wife, my 8 months old daughter and of course Me.

Total Distance: ...

Fuel: ...

Total Distance: ...

Mileage: ..

Top Speed: 145 KM/Hr (Ajmer-Jaipur Express Way)

Route: ....

Toll: ..

Issues with car: None.

Tips: ......

Dude, with a 8 month kid onboard you tested at 145 kmph? I am shocked! Don't do that, didn't it sounded risky.

consider my opinion & request.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks