Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 20:59   #16
BHPian

Another Leh trip? Man, am feeling jealous already.... And you did it in swift? Am glued to know the details.

NH4 is like a breeze. If they do Chitradurga - Haveri stretch and Tumkur elevated highway, it will be possible to do Bangalore - Bombay in 10 hours.

Good narration man. Keep them coming.
Old 27th October 2009, 21:10   #17
BHPian

Lets move on..

Before I end the Mumbai piece.. I wanted to share my thoughts on the expressway... as an expressway it was dissapointing, I had a lot of expectations but I was hell dissapointed with the no of barrels on the road traffic haywire/diversions, you name it. The scenery did make up but not completely.

Out of Mumbai- after witnessing the accident, as anyone would be I was shaken up, we were taking up the second leg of our journey and I knew this is the longest one, I had not yet decided on where will stay put when covering this strech btw Mumbai and Jaipur, I felt Jaipur was too far for a stop and too close to Delhi to stop again. FYI- only two of us can drive, not sure whether that is boon or a bane! ( you will know why soon). So, I took us out of Mumbai and handed D over to M (the lean guy in the Mumbai Chai pic), he got us till I think Vadodra and here is something I was really waiting for the NE 1- heard so much about it on the forum and was feeling really good to be there, I drove here and man wat a road, this expressway exceeds expectations, its too good and to an extent unreal, love this road, I dont have pics but have a video of the road where we doing 160 and dosent feel like it.

I drove uptil Udaipur and B (the guy who cannot drive) mentioned wanting to see the lakes it was about 7ish in the evening and I wasnt sure of what will be visible, anyway- we enter Udaipur and just check the market place pretty tired by now and head out again, here is one big mistake I made... not following HVKs route, roads are messed up until Jaipur if you dont take the Udaipur >> Chitourgarh >> Jaipur route, drove all night and reached just 100 KM before Jaipur at around 6 in the morning and handed D over to M, I crashed in the back and after sometime I can hear M cursing not loudly but enough to wake me up, it was around 8 am, opened my hazy eyes and see that we are at a toll gate and a NHC is parked close (very close) to us and M is cribbing at the passenger in the other car saying can't you see I'm here and stuff like that, seems the NHC happened to block M from entering the toll gate. The vehicle in front of us paid toll and moved out and then it happened, in the heat of the moment (seems the passenger had abused M) bumpers got tangled and the sucker clipped my front bumper, man we had an heated argument here which resulted in the RJ reg guy paying up 1K and getting pushed to the road by Mr Armstrong M, we soon put this behind us and I took the wheel again, we stopped for breakfast on the Jaipur- Delhi highway. I had print outs of maps that HVK had mentioned and was willing to follow this route, but once we diverted from the highway towards Rewari... hell broke loose, Craters/Potholes/Trucks, How come HVK... you did not warn us about this, I rather be crawling in traffic than potholes!!!!

Anyway- found our way through moon (thats wat Harayana and Punjab look like) and ended up in Kiratpur by sunset
Attached Thumbnails
Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-small-1.16.jpg  

Last edited by SamuraiJack : 27th October 2009 at 21:13.
Old 27th October 2009, 21:56   #18
BHPian

Mumbai - Jaipur

A couple of interesting things on the way.

- Strange looking ricks
- Green Rajasthan
- Mass transport Mahindras
Attached Thumbnails
Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1276.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1259.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1272.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1274.jpg  

Last edited by SamuraiJack : 27th October 2009 at 21:59.
Old 27th October 2009, 22:05   #19
BHPian

Thats a nice clean writeup. Continue the journey. I am hooked.
Old 27th October 2009, 22:11   #20
BHPian

Guys.. I need motivation here

What I'm penning rite now is thoughts and not notes!! come on guys I need motivation here.. I see my thread slipping to the 5th or the 6th page in minutes.

Maybe the place we stayed will pep this thread up a lil more
Attached Thumbnails
Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-large-1.7.jpg  

Old 27th October 2009, 22:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
A couple of interesting things on the way.

- Strange looking ricks
- Green Rajasthan
- Mass transport Mahindras
The strange looking ricks are know as "Marutas" in those parts..
Old 27th October 2009, 22:25   #22
BHPian

ooola la...

That is how I am going right now and reading the journey. Thank you SamuraiJack.

Just a question for now (may be for you and HVK too). From Udaipur, you are telling me not to take the following:

Kharwa - Ajmer - Jaipur - Rewari - Rohtak - Panipat - Chandigarh.

So what is the alternate route from Udaipur to Chandigarh?

Mod: I apologize if I have asked a rather stupid question. But just needed some clarity.

Souvik
Old 27th October 2009, 22:32   #23
BHPian

Thats a very good question bro

This piece from Jaipur to Kiratpur is crtical, cause there are a couple ways to get around Delhi and Chandigarh, if you take the Rewari route you dont have to touch Chandigarh but will end up in Kiratpur (bottom of the mountains) but this route is a pain. My suggestion would be to stick to Jaipur >> Delhi >> Chandigarh highway, especially if you are travelling these areas for the first time, I dont think it was worth it to take the Harayana >> Punjab road considering the roads and traffic. I wish I had the pics to show you the roads
Old 27th October 2009, 22:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
What I'm penning rite now is thoughts and not notes!! come on guys I need motivation here.. I see my thread slipping to the 5th or the 6th page in minutes.

Maybe the place we stayed will pep this thread up a lil more
I am glued to this thread Samuraijack. I'm sure you had a blast. And what is the thing about "Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting"? How long did your mum think the meeting was for?
Old 27th October 2009, 23:20   #25
BHPian

Thanks bro. Don't worry about the pictures. But your head banging is enough to divert me to Jaipur - Delhi - Chandigarh route.

Hitting F5 now.

Souvik
Old 27th October 2009, 23:41   #26
BHPian

Keep'em coming bro. Can't wait to see more pics and the great narration of yours.
Old 27th October 2009, 23:59   #27
BHPian

638 hits in a couple of hours!

Are the Mods noticing this!

Djjeb- not that she belived it , but I had to tell my folks I was in Mysore on an office assignment, didnt want them to get worked about the trip.

Ruff- great to know the names of the vintage ricks- I just cant recall which state I saw them and they were there in abundance, if you ask me all the mumbai taxi guys and these rick guys should be given some kind of support by the people (govt cause its our money); think of these guys who struggle to keep these vintage things and it kind of becomes a heritage.. just my thoughts.

Thank you Gandhiji,
Old 28th October 2009, 00:19   #28
BHPian

It sure has everyone hooked brother!

Its a dream drive for many here and I'm sure due to the "Life" reasons, not many can do it. I have done Bangalore Udaipur at least 2-3 times in the last 5 years and have enjoyed every moment of it.

Please continue with the amazing writeup.
Old 28th October 2009, 00:35   #29
BHPian

More Rajasthan

I plan to go to the dessert this year (Dec), cause what I saw was just a teaser.

-getting close to Udaipur
-M dealing Arms
-D looking good! notice the yellow tape- thanks to logs here I had a double sticking plaster on the headlight everytime I passed Gujart- weird rules. I hate stickering cars so remove it as soon as I get a chance.
- Can you belive this- Rajasthan in all glory!

A must see place
Attached Thumbnails
Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1258.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1264.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1265.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1270.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1271.jpg  

Last edited by SamuraiJack : 28th October 2009 at 00:37.
Old 28th October 2009, 00:39   #30
BHPian

Sooner or later, I would also like to do this trip. Of course in my DDIS and from Bangalore. Will reach out to you for guidance! BTW, NICE wheels.

Hooked to this thread!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks