Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 18:15   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamraj View Post
Thanx

The guard is useful for protecting the sump. There are chances that you could put a hole in your sump if a stone gets thrown up by one of the tyres and hits the sump or if the car bottoms out at the wrong place.
Hey Yamraj- since you actually went all the way (hats off bro) can you tell us what was your preparation like? I respect Palio a lot and I think a good vehicle to take the beating.
Old 6th November 2009, 12:16   #107
BHPian

I got the car serviced just before the trip. This included an oil fiter and air filter change, oil change, coolant top up (some may argue that this may not be required), brake fluid top up and attaching the sump guard. Other than that, got the wheel alignment and balancing done. We also bought a puncture repair kit (though we didn't get a pump for some reason!).

The car does take a beating but nothing much if you are careful on your drive. I ran into a pothole at high speeds on the return journey and that cracked the axle boot on the front left wheel. I thought that the lower arm was gone but luckily that didn't turn out to be the case.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

Breath taking review.Had to hold till i finished reading the log. Yes what you said is right? we can't make all this trip with family around us. Should have a couple of friends who can accompany us.
Old 11th November 2009, 20:06   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Breath taking review.Had to hold till i finished reading the log. Yes what you said is right? we can't make all this trip with family around us. Should have a couple of friends who can accompany us.

Thank you Ramji- I'm suprised/glad that Bhpians are digging this out and reading it!!
Old 11th November 2009, 21:02   #110
Team-BHP Support

@SamuraiJack: Excellent and a very different narrative. Loved it and read it from end to end. Here's to wishing you many more of such escapades!
Old 12th November 2009, 15:10   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@SamuraiJack: Excellent and a very different narrative. Loved it and read it from end to end. Here's to wishing you many more of such escapades!

Thank you Jaggu bhai, you kinda made me read the thread all over again
Old 12th November 2009, 15:57   #112
BHPian

Hey SamuraiJack,

This was one of the most well written travelogue I have read. Made me feel a part of the journey through out. Thanks for the awesome snaps. Would request you to add the snaps of the village Tosh that you have mentioned.
Old 12th November 2009, 17:49   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hey SamuraiJack,

This was one of the most well written travelogue I have read. Made me feel a part of the journey through out. Thanks for the awesome snaps. Would request you to add the snaps of the village Tosh that you have mentioned.

Thank you- I would have loved to show you the pics... unfortunately I have this village on video only! I will look to post this in the near future.
Old 16th November 2009, 11:54   #114
BHPian

Hi SJ,

Like everyone else said on this thread, I too echo the same feelings about your exciting journey and wonderful narration of the story. I too felt a part of it thoroughly and enjoyed every bit of it. The beauty of your narration is that it is written by a 1st timer (on that territory) for a 1st timer !!. It'll give lot of confidence, as well as, the required precautions to the 1st timers who wish to do it (including me !!).
Wonderful pics too.
Thanks
Wishing you a safe journey next time.
Old 16th November 2009, 17:45   #115
BHPian

Hi Samurai!

I also noticed the Seat Covers in your car seem to have the Ferrari logo. Would like to know from where did you get those. Pls lemme know the price as well. Thanks!!
Old 16th November 2009, 18:47   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hi Samurai!

I also noticed the Seat Covers in your car seem to have the Ferrari logo. Would like to know from where did you get those. Pls lemme know the price as well. Thanks!!
Jeez.. you noticed, well, these are just cloth material and not all that great, I'm not a fan of artificial leather (they tend to get sticky on long drives) so opted for these. Got them at JC road, the seller said it was intended for his Swift and since he no longer had it he was willing to give it away for 1.5K. They look pretty cool at night from outside but not so great when you sit in.. the cheap quality is visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Hi SJ,

Like everyone else said on this thread, I too echo the same feelings about your exciting journey and wonderful narration of the story. I too felt a part of it thoroughly and enjoyed every bit of it. The beauty of your narration is that it is written by a 1st timer (on that territory) for a 1st timer !!. It'll give lot of confidence, as well as, the required precautions to the 1st timers who wish to do it (including me !!).
Wonderful pics too.
Thanks
Wishing you a safe journey next time.
Thanks LDL..
Old 16th November 2009, 20:59   #117
BHPian

A satisfied Customer!

Here is something I did recently, I framed two of my fav snaps and presented them to Kalyani motors- one for the showroom and one for the workshop.. trust me they were pretty delighted at the guesture.

I'm trying to upload these on the Maruti site as well.. in this age of expectations I think its good to give something back as well.. don't you?
Attached Thumbnails
Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-updated.jpg  

Old 12th December 2011, 08:00   #118
BHPian

A saga ends..

My journey with D is over now, I had to give him away last week. at 68K he was still running good. My last trip to Trivandrum confirmed my thoughts of a change, a heater coil issue & increased suspension noise + tyre change (soon needed) + Battery the list of requirements looked to be growing.

As he rolled off the kerb still shining from a recent service, I just could not hold back thinking... what a beautiful car.

I knew he would not be in the best shape even if I had gone through the various fixes.. had to think quick as he was not getting any younger, not that I had lost confidence but it had certainly reduced when it came to long drives- Engine is still beautiful.

I'm out looking for a new car in the market & trust me, its difficult to replace D infact-impossible. The only car that comes close, unfortunately/fortunately my wife did not like the Ritz which led us to explore other options.

I'm out looking for a new car & have test driven quite a few in the bargain, have decided to finally settle for a Ford Fiesta CLXI (hope to stick to it). Though Etios came very close considering the way it suprised me with its engine/driveability I intend to settle on a Fiesta.. thoughts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks