Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2005, 15:53   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Moral of the story is, buy a brick colored Swift and leave the Baleno in your exhaust
Strange moral.
Anyone knows that Baleno can easily beat a Swift. Except I have the sense not to try racing on public highways or street.

BTW, what moral did you derive from the Zen LX which overtook both the Baleno and the Swift.
Old 2nd August 2005, 16:04   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
try doing this when your tires are cold.
Hey SS, you forget I have been driving motor vehicles since 1986. When you feel one of the tyre is under-inflated, you gotta fill up whether it is cold or hot. I usually check before a long trip. However, this time the decision was taken after I drove a few KMs. I didn't want to drive the highway without ensuring the air pressure. I put 30 instead of the usual 29.
Old 2nd August 2005, 17:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Moral of the story is, buy a brick colored Swift and leave the Baleno in your exhaust
Replace the SWIFT engine with Baleno's
Old 2nd August 2005, 18:41   #19
BHPian

Excellent writeup. Really enjoyed reading it.
Old 2nd August 2005, 20:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Hey SS, you forget I have been driving motor vehicles since 1986. When you feel one of the tyre is under-inflated, you gotta fill up whether it is cold or hot. I usually check before a long trip. However, this time the decision was taken after I drove a few KMs. I didn't want to drive the highway without ensuring the air pressure. I put 30 instead of the usual 29.

hehe,

when does your tire become under inflated.it's only when you have a puncture or when you have not been checking it regularly

and if you have been driving since 1986 in the same manner ,then all i can say is that you have been very lucky.

the tire almost becomes hot when u drive morethan a km or two.an dhere u have mentioned that u checked it after a few kms.

so this time whatever air u filled was definitely not accurate.

wheni fill 28 in my cold tires an dwheni chek it after 4-5 kms ,it isalways 3-4 psi more .
Old 2nd August 2005, 20:43   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hehe,

when does your tire become under inflated.it's only when you have a puncture or when you have not been checking it regularly

and if you have been driving since 1986 in the same manner ,then all i can say is that you have been very lucky.

the tire almost becomes hot when u drive morethan a km or two.an dhere u have mentioned that u checked it after a few kms.
Nice conclusion by extreme extrapolation, basically I am an idoit after nearly 20 years of driving. I don't intend to argue with you, so I'll end this discussion right here.
Old 2nd August 2005, 20:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Nice conclusion by extreme extrapolation, basically I am an idoit after nearly 20 years of driving. I don't intend to argue with you, so I'll end this discussion right here.

hahahha,
so do i.i fear ur avtaar.
Old 3rd August 2005, 09:34   #23
Team-BHP Support

Very sad... Just two days after I visited Ranganatittu:

Visitors to the Ranganathittu bird sanctuary, 12 km from KRS, are also returning disappointed as increased flood water discharge has submerged it. Hundreds of cormorants, egrets, white ibis, night herons and others have been left homeless, their nests having been washed away.

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanhe...lery.asp?pic=4
Old 3rd August 2005, 10:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

so this time whatever air u filled was definitely not accurate.

wheni fill 28 in my cold tires an dwheni chek it after 4-5 kms ,it isalways 3-4 psi more .
How do you check and fill the air in cold tires? Usually the pressure is checked in petrol bunks, which is anyway atleast 1-2 kms away for majority of the people. So do you suggest to keep is 3-4 psi down from the normal level on cold tires and it becomes perfect when it gets heated up
Old 3rd August 2005, 10:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
How do you check and fill the air in cold tires? Usually the pressure is checked in petrol bunks,

by keeping a foot pump

always fill 2-3 psi more at the petrol pump.
never fill less than wats recommended!!!!!!!!

when u check after driving for a few kms,the pressure will show more.if its more dont remove the air.also a visual insppection before driving will give you a rough idea .

Last edited by speedsatya : 3rd August 2005 at 10:48.
Old 3rd August 2005, 11:03   #26
Team-BHP Support

SS is making sound a bit more extreme than it should be. The time it takes to fill up fuel in your car is long enough to cool your tyres down.
Old 3rd August 2005, 11:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
by keeping a foot pump

always fill 2-3 psi more at the petrol pump.
never fill less than wats recommended!!!!!!!!

when u check after driving for a few kms,the pressure will show more.if its more dont remove the air.also a visual insppection before driving will give you a rough idea .
C'mon dude. You're driving this point beyond what may be considered reasonable.
Old 3rd August 2005, 11:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Admin : Post Deleted. You have been a member of Team-BHP long enough to understand that personal attacks are not permitted on this board. Your warning level has been incremented. We urge you to read the board rules carefully before posting any further in order to protect the active status of your membership

Last edited by speedsatya : 3rd August 2005 at 11:18.
Old 3rd August 2005, 11:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

Watch your words. You're taking on a decidedly uncouth tone here.
Old 3rd August 2005, 11:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

nothing personal
So you may say, but when somebody tells me to shut up thats bloody personal. You watch your words, young man - with this kind of language you dont deserve the "Senior BHPian" tag.

The whole issue revolves around Samurai checking his tyre pressure (not a visual inspection - read before you leap) before setting off on a trip. He took what is considered a normal precaution - what do you expect him to do, wait for 4 hours, check his tyre pressure and then drive out to lunch - get real! There is a line that one must draw between theory and practice - take theory to the extreme and you're no good in real life.

How do you manage to reach work in time every day?

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd August 2005 at 11:31.

Most Viewed