Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2005, 11:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Post Deleted by the Admin : You have been a member of Team-BHP long enough to understand that personal attacks are not permitted on this board. Your warning level has been incremented. We urge you to read the board rules carefully before posting any further in order to protect the active status of your membership
Old 3rd August 2005, 11:49   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Watch your words. You're taking on a decidedly uncouth tone here.
That's why I stopped arguing with him right away. We got our difference resoved via PM. SS gets too excited talking cars and doesn't watch what he says or to whom he says, I know he doesn't mean any offence. But diplomacy is something he must learn.
Old 3rd August 2005, 11:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
. SS gets too excited talking cars and doesn't watch what he says or to whom he says, I know he doesn't mean any offence. But diplomacy is something he must learn.

have resolved it with steeroid as well
Old 3rd August 2005, 12:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

How did I miss these recent posts?

Satya, you should be re-christened as "angry young man" of T-BHP just as one certain "Old Man" of T-BHP.
Old 3rd August 2005, 12:12   #35
BHPian

Whenever a thread is created, its normally created with a purpose, and that purpose is at least not bad mouthing and showing off knowledge.

Some time these kind of replies takes away the interest of others in the thread, I know some of them enjoy these kind of replies and try to put "Ghee in the Aag", but this way the purpose of the thread is defeated. Its better to discuss those in PMs

Anyway, I am coming on to the initial Topic,

Samurai,
Can you guess how long will it take to complete the work for Mysore Highway since you must have seen the pace of work and % of work still left.

I planning to go for a weekend Trip ( near by bangalore ) May be one day long drive to Hoggenakkal Falls. and yes with family. Lets plan a trip of this kind in Bangalore where we can take our Family and also meet with fellow BHPians. What do you say?

cheers..
Old 3rd August 2005, 12:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
and that purpose is at least not bad mouthing and showing off knowledge.
Quote:
but this way the purpose of the thread is defeated.
Spot on, greatDrive. Now lets get back to the topic and discuss Great Drives.

If you're driving Bangalore-Mysore road, try to do it in daylight. There are too many unmarked speedbreakers and abrupt changes from super smooth roads into moon-surfaces.

Breakfast at Tiffany's in Maddur is highly recommended.
Old 3rd August 2005, 14:53   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Samurai,
Can you guess how long will it take to complete the work for Mysore Highway since you must have seen the pace of work and % of work still left.
They will not be able to meet the November/December deadline. I have travelled this road many times since March and I have seen the pace of contruction. Unless they really speedup the construction, we are looking at mid 2006.

Quote:
I planning to go for a weekend Trip ( near by bangalore ) May be one day long drive to Hoggenakkal Falls. and yes with family. Lets plan a trip of this kind in Bangalore where we can take our Family and also meet with fellow BHPians. What do you say?
Even my wife was talking about going to Hogenakkal falls. We may be actually going this month with couple of other families. We can combine it with T-BHP drive. That will be a lot people...
Old 4th August 2005, 01:16   #38
BHPian

Good write-up,Samurai.Good reading...get's one thinking about old experiences and near misses.
Old 6th August 2005, 00:45   #39
Team-BHP Support

Looks like that Zen driver (who passed me and the swift) is a reader of this forum and he has become really mad because I called him crazy. He has been mailing some members commenting about me. Therefore this is what I have say to that Zen driver. I apologize if my comments have hurt you. I may not be as experienced as you, you apparently are much more experienced driver than me to drive the Zen like that, and based on your comments on life experiences you are obviously much older than me. Although I was initially miffed by your comments and replied with some venom. But I think it was a hasty comment. I guess you are just a better driver than me. I hope you'll accept my public apology.
Old 10th August 2005, 10:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Looks like that Zen driver (who passed me and the swift) is a reader of this forum and he has become really mad because I called him crazy. He has been mailing some members commenting about me. Therefore this is what I have say to that Zen driver. I apologize if my comments have hurt you. I may not be as experienced as you, you apparently are much more experienced driver than me to drive the Zen like that, and based on your comments on life experiences you are obviously much older than me. Although I was initially miffed by your comments and replied with some venom. But I think it was a hasty comment. I guess you are just a better driver than me. I hope you'll accept my public apology.
if the zen driver really feels that he was not doing anything wrong (and i believe there may not be anything wrong from his perspective), he should post a public reply on the same. PMs are not the right thing for this.
Old 10th August 2005, 11:09   #41
Team-BHP Support

Remeber not to ask your wife for a cup of tea - early morning during this long weekend - might end up in Ooty !!!
Old 10th August 2005, 11:44   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Remeber not to ask your wife for a cup of tea - early morning during this long weekend - might end up in Ooty !!!
he he... ghar me jab chai khatam ho jati hai to aisa hi hota hai. (could not think of any thing else). waise bhi ham to teetotaler hain.
Old 10th August 2005, 12:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv
if the zen driver really feels that he was not doing anything wrong (and i believe there may not be anything wrong from his perspective), he should post a public reply on the same. PMs are not the right thing for this.
I guess, he is not a member of this forum.
Old 10th August 2005, 13:44   #44
BHPian

hey, that was a serious trip for a restaurant...Nice thread dude!! keep revving ur baleno and drive safe as u always do!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks