Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 12:06   #31
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
kudos to you for your courage and enterprise to go so deep into India.

Hey thanks, it was really a revelation going out there.

Rest of Bonda tribal market pics coming up and then we move to Chhattisgarh for the Chitrakote and Tirathgarh Falls and Bastar Dusshera Festival.

Last edited by adc : 5th November 2009 at 12:11.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:23   #32
BHPian

Another beautiful and unique travelogue adc!

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 5th November 2009, 13:47   #33
BHPian

Hey ADC, i have been through your other travelogues, just came across the thread and noticed the star rating , that is what prompted me to check this thread, will post my comments at the end on completing the reading, hope it would be as good as all your previous postings! Nice teaser though!

Last edited by Majic : 5th November 2009 at 13:48.
Old 5th November 2009, 13:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Going great ADC, waiting eagerly for more, especially of the Chitrakote falls.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:38   #35
BHPian

Hi ADC,

True to the name of wanderers, this thread of yours is actually taking us to the roots of India. Fantastic effort to highlight these areas and the cultures. I am sure this experience of yours is an eye-opener for so many of us coupled with some good photographs.

Keep posting...
Old 5th November 2009, 15:14   #36
adc
Senior - BHPian

Bonda market at Onkadelli ... contd

Bonda market at Onkadelli .... contd

With a last glimpse of the beautiful girl, we move on to other Bondas coming down the hill path

Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_0639.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_0636.jpg

A group of 5 Bondas come together and the guide talks to them in a kind of mixed language and they line up for the foreigners and soon I am clicking them too

Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4334.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_0642.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4335.jpg

With introduction done between ourselves and the guests from Switzerland, we inquire and exchange notes about our travels till now on this trip and the tribals they visited before coming out here.

Soon a Bonda lady comes over with some most beautiful beads, with wife just a nano-second late with the most unique bead out among those - the Swiss lady had it bagged soon, with the guide doing the negotiation.

Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4345.jpg
Name:  IMG_4357.JPG
Views: 2541
Size:  98.8 KB
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4353.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4352.jpg

Though for these Bondas, Rs 10 or 500 is the same, the guide as he says negotiates like a middle way in between, so that its not cheap as though it seems like exploitation or he allows them to charge exorbitantly to make the tourists feel conned and cheated. Of course he along with the foreigners showed us around and share information - a fantastic guide we had in this gentleman.

Now we turn to the particular market, its just settling. Another full bus of foreigners come up and the curious mix of local people, some definitely outsiders[?], the Bondas themselves, we and the foreigners make its beautifully lively

Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_0650.jpg

Last edited by adc : 5th November 2009 at 15:19.
Old 5th November 2009, 15:38   #37
adc
Senior - BHPian

Bonda market at Onkadelli ... last batch pictures

Bonda market at Onkadelli ... last batch pictures

Market moods and scenes -- randomly taken

Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_0675.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_0651.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4359.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_0655.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4361.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4365.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4366.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4367.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4370.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4371.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4372.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4379.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4381.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_4383.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_0669.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_0671.jpg  

Last edited by adc : 5th November 2009 at 15:48.
Old 5th November 2009, 17:09   #38
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Another beautiful and unique travelogue adc!

Cheers,
Deepak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Hey ADC, i have been through your other travelogues, just came across the thread and noticed the star rating , that is what prompted me to check this thread, will post my comments at the end on completing the reading, hope it would be as good as all your previous postings! Nice teaser though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Going great ADC, waiting eagerly for more, especially of the Chitrakote falls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
Hi ADC,

True to the name of wanderers, this thread of yours is actually taking us to the roots of India. Fantastic effort to highlight these areas and the cultures. I am sure this experience of yours is an eye-opener for so many of us coupled with some good photographs.

Keep posting...
Thanks to all, it gives me also great pleasure sharing these detail as I relive the journey again. Tirathgarh and Chitrakote Falls of Chhattisgarh coming up next by tomorrow.
Old 5th November 2009, 18:29   #39
BHPian

Great

Great Snaps ADC. It is nothing short of a discovery!
Hats off to your courage and even greater appreciation for your research.
Old 5th November 2009, 18:46   #40
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Fabulous! I'm speechless reading your travelogue. A 5 * from me.
Old 5th November 2009, 19:57   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Anirban, that's an amazing narration. IMO this was far more intersesting than if you took off to Leh as planned - good you didn't go! Else this trip wouldn't have happened...
Old 5th November 2009, 20:45   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow and wow again. Got to visit this area before I die!
Old 6th November 2009, 14:57   #43
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
Great Snaps ADC. It is nothing short of a discovery!
Hats off to your courage and even greater appreciation for your research.

Sen you had me also thinking with your research on your Langza travel with those fossils and the knowledge that you have put in that of about which age which layer or rock or soil belonged - of course that fantastic feeling of actually getting some 70 million old fossils was like mind blowing to say the least.

Sometime next year around would like to spend more time over there at Pin-Mudh and Langza-Comic-Demul area, of course try meeting the loner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Fabulous! I'm speechless reading your travelogue. A 5 * from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Wow and wow again.
Thanks much for the appreciation. And a big WOW from me, just checked 7 five stars! - and to think of it I thought like this travel story would not be like much seen or noted. We relive the journey again by narrating. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Anirban, that's an amazing narration. IMO this was far more intersesting than if you took off to Leh as planned - good you didn't go! Else this trip wouldn't have happened...
In fact, my future travel plan was to keep the complete Orissa tribal tour [this alone would taken around 10 days itself] and the full Chhattisgarh as separate journeys. But then just as like the reason for cancellation of the Leh travel - a mixed part travel of Orissa and Chhattisgarh was done in much more condensed days.

Leh is May.. plans are going awry nowadays.

Last edited by adc : 6th November 2009 at 15:13.
Old 6th November 2009, 16:27   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
As I started to make out arough plan for the tour, to Jeypore/Koraput and Chitrakote/Jagdalpur, I came across a ID out here, sam_boy, which showed location as "Koraput".

Immediately getting my PM regarding my queries regarding that place, and soon I find out that sam_boy [Samarpan Das] is from Jeypore itself and his parents and his residence is out there. Phone calls and mails followed and we cannot stress and thank enough the support that we have got from Samarpan and his parents. The hospitality and the warmth that we got at his residence at Jeypore [remember sam_boy is still at Bangalore] was absolutely overwhelming. Thanks again samarpan and it was great to visit your house and interact with your parents and your cousin brothers.
Hello Anirban,

I am out of words ... You brought tears in my eyes. Never ever thought my little place and the scenery around can be portrayed so well. Thanks a ton for the nice write up and helping people to know about my place and the surrounding. I can never write so well, but next time I go home ( God knows when :( ) I will try to put some more pictures in this thread.

I feel privileged to be of little help to you. Thanks for posting my parents pic in this esteemed forum, I am very pleasantly surprised to see their photos in TBhp. I will definitely show it to them.

Any other TBhpians going to Jeypore,Koraput or south Orissa do feel free to contact me , I would be more than happy if I can be of any help.

Last but not the least ..great write up Anirban ...You are amazing not only with the Safari but also with your words and keypads. Just go on ....Thanks a million for giving my place a space in the TBhp.

Best Regards,
Samarpan
Old 6th November 2009, 23:38   #45
BHPian

Wow, awesome narration, pictures. I read all your travelogues and all are spellbound.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks