Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 16:00   #76
BHPian

amazing tarvelogue, and nice photography, what camera have you used ??
nick17s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2010, 19:25   #77
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
amazing travelogue, and nice photography, what camera have you used ??
Thanks nick. Photography knowledge of mine is very limited, just clicked what seemed will come out okay.

As for camera, Canon S3IS is what I had all along, got a 450D with kit lens from this trip. The S3IS is used for zoom nowadays and the DSLR for landscape.
Old 12th April 2010, 23:40   #78
BHPian

excellent

dear adc

reading your travelogue brought us face to face with realities of the ap orissa ctg border areas.

the life and the conditions of bondas made for interesting reading.

what pleased me was that this area is so remote that forests should remain untouched.

i hope the winds of change sweeping india reach these interior parts in a ecologically friendly manner.

i was touched to see the swiss couple braving all risks to see the world which they have never seen.

made up my mind to visit these areas sooner than later thanks to your travelogue

regards

pg
pravdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 12:41   #79
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravdr View Post
dear adc

reading your travelogue brought us face to face with realities of the ap orissa ctg border areas.

the life and the conditions of bondas made for interesting reading.

what pleased me was that this area is so remote that forests should remain untouched.

i hope the winds of change sweeping india reach these interior parts in a ecologically friendly manner.

i was touched to see the swiss couple braving all risks to see the world which they have never seen.

made up my mind to visit these areas sooner than later thanks to your travelogue

regards

pg

Thanks much PG, it sure was a different travel - interacting with so many people and the tribes out there, shows the diversity of our country - and to say again, everywhere we went we received some superb support from all. A truly memorable journey for us!
Old 1st April 2011, 19:41   #80
Senior - BHPian

Re: Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&For

Hey Anirban,

Amzing stuff. We just returned back from Chattisgarh and Kanha. Could not go to Bonda tribal area due to security situation. You are lucky.

The complete tribal belt of Orissa and Chattisgarh comes to life after rains. It was brown when we went. Nevethless, i could imagine the beauty of "Niagara of India" - chitrakote - in monsoons and now i actually saw through your camera.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 13:42   #81
BHPian

Re: Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&For

ADC Dada,

Some travel photographer has put your photos in his albums, have a look

Sabyasachi Baldev's Photos | Facebook

There are many more your photos in his album.

Did he travel with you or another copy cat want to be famous guy ???
sam_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 13:24   #82
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
ADC Dada,

Some travel photographer has put your photos in his albums, have a look

Sabyasachi Baldev's Photos | Facebook

There are many more your photos in his album.

Did he travel with you or another copy cat want to be famous guy ???

Hello sam_boy, great to receive your mail after a long time. Do hope you all are keeping well. We always do remember our journeys to your house in Jeypore and the fantastic interactions that we had with your parents and your cousin brothers.

No, he did not travel with us and he is using the images, but then dont know if it is for commercial purposes. Looks like he is showcasing Orissa tourism by taking out photos from different sources on the net, but then a linkback would do justice. But anyway as of now it most probably is just some benign gaffe!

Last edited by adc : 15th February 2012 at 13:25.
Old 15th February 2012, 19:35   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
We always do remember our journeys to your house in Jeypore...
Wow.. I did not know we have a TBHP-ian from Jeypore. We drove through Jeypore when we did Jagdalpur-Vishakhapatnam (NH-43) earlier this year - one awesome route I must say!
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 13:54   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Wow.. I did not know we have a TBHP-ian from Jeypore. We drove through Jeypore when we did Jagdalpur-Vishakhapatnam (NH-43) earlier this year - one awesome route I must say!
You could have just done a simple search !!! Well I m born and brought up in Jeypore but have been staying in Bangalore for some time now and would love to guide any one passing through this area.

Its a wonderful place but not known to many people.
sam_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 19:09   #85
BHPian

adc,

Salute your spirit maan! You are doing stuff which dreams are made of and an equal credit goes to your wife as well for being a willing partner in these adventures. I am sure your son has learned lot more than his geography and science teachers can ever explain in a classroom.. I have read all your travelogues now and showed some of your snaps to my colleagues - guess what - for half hour no work got done!

As I have posted in another thread as well, I am looking to avail of the end of cycle discounts on Safari before Storme comes and your experiences have got me excited like a kid. Also been tied in knots between 4x2 and 4x4 but I think I will end up doing much less in my Safari than what you have accomplished so 4x2 looks a safe bet.

Regards
Anand
Old 6th March 2012, 16:11   #86
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtalwar View Post
adc,

Salute your spirit maan! You are doing stuff which dreams are made of and an equal credit goes to your wife as well for being a willing partner in these adventures. I am sure your son has learned lot more than his geography and science teachers can ever explain in a classroom. I have read all your travelogues now and showed some of your snaps to my colleagues - guess what - for half hour no work got done!
Wow! thanks much for all these wonderful words. Definitely, without support of wife and child, these kind of trips would not have been possible.

And this became so true in our Zanskar and unknown Kashmir travel, where every day just our love of travel and the welcome that we got in the most remote and yet wonderfully humble and friendly people, is beyond words!

As I still say, even at risk of grading a travel [since any travel in good travel], that trip till now has been a lifetime drive and experience.

Quote:
As I have posted in another thread as well, I am looking to avail of the end of cycle discounts on Safari before Storme comes and your experiences have got me excited like a kid. Also been tied in knots between 4x2 and 4x4 but I think I will end up doing much less in my Safari than what you have accomplished so 4x2 looks a safe bet.

Regards
Anand

Now this is where I would still differ even after all the antics with a 2wd.

Plain and simple, I cannot and still am not able to afford a 4-wheel touring vehicle, hence all these in 2wd. Of course it does not mean that gives us a reason not to stretch the limits in all the travel, but still in certain situations i am reminded that it is a 2wd.

So, in summary in all that rant, if you can afford buy a 4wd for those priceless moments even if it may come into play a few times a year.

Last edited by adc : 6th March 2012 at 16:32.
Old 6th March 2012, 16:39   #87
Team-BHP Support

Without doubt one of the BEST travelogues on team-bhp.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Slightly OT: I emailed the link to my wife with the subject.
Why Safari.

Hope she gets what I am saying.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 16:52   #88
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Without doubt one of the BEST travelogues on team-bhp.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Slightly OT: I emailed the link to my wife with the subject.
Why Safari.

Hope she gets what I am saying.

Again thanks so much, all these wonderful words do make the sharing even much better!

And of course your wife will be nodding a "yes". That sofa-type front seat and a travel, and my wife never has a doubt it has to be a Safari. Nothing even comes close to the comfort and space at that price.

Last edited by bblost : 6th March 2012 at 16:56. Reason: Done. Thanks.
Old 12th March 2012, 15:18   #89
BHPian

adc,

Appreciate your take on 4x2 experiences and I also feel it would be better to have 4wd capability anyways.

I have so far been stuck on Safari but now inclined to think that Scorpio LX 4wd (with a few upgrades) makes more sense than Safari LX / EX considering my budget constraints and the capability required (4wd is now only in Safari VX and is out of question).

Scorpio LX 4wd at 9.28L ex showroom is a big factor for me!

Regards
Anand
adtalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 13:32   #90
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
adc,

Appreciate your take on 4x2 experiences and I also feel it would be better to have 4wd capability anyways.

I have so far been stuck on Safari but now inclined to think that Scorpio LX 4wd (with a few upgrades) makes more sense than Safari LX / EX considering my budget constraints and the capability required (4wd is now only in Safari VX and is out of question).

Scorpio LX 4wd at 9.28L ex showroom is a big factor for me!

Regards
Anand

That's good decision, never skip a 4wd vehicle! Safari not being available at least in its EX/GX state, leave alone LX, is just plain fuzzy to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks