Team-BHP - Bangalore - Waynad Tour
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Bangalore - Waynad Tour (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/68511-bangalore-waynad-tour-2.html)

@predatorwheelz: Nice pics mate, thanks for uploading them.

Nice Pics :) The drive in Nagarhole is realy amazing... Have u been to Kurava Island ?
What is the current teriff in Vayatri resort now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmanu (Post 1576880)
@predatorwheelz: Nice pics mate, thanks for uploading them.

My pleasure, wmanu. My next target will be your Ooty thread, as Ooty and Coonoor were the second leg of our honeymoon, and I have some wonderful pics of the places.:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1577287)
What is the current teriff in Vayatri resort now.

Vythiri Resort - Wayanad

Check out their website for the answer to that question.

Had a very decent trip. And the resort is good enough. How is the food & service other stuff?

Awesome pics. Looks like a great place for a weekend trip. Thanks for sharing the snaps. They are great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 1577333)
Had a very decent trip. And the resort is good enough. How is the food & service other stuff?

Food and service is quite good. All meals are buffet. Except bed tea/coffee, nothing is served in the cottages. You have to go to the restaurant.

Another problem we faced was that most waiters only spoke Malayalam and very limited English. So communication had to involve a lot of hand gestures and careful English.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by muralisk (Post 1577343)
Awesome pics. Looks like a great place for a weekend trip. Thanks for sharing the snaps. They are great.

Thank you.

You're right, the place is great for a weekend trip. However, personally I feel the rates are too high. For a honeymoon one still doesn't mind paying that much, for a weekend trip I'd find it too expensive.

Dear Predatorwheelz,
I have a plan to visit Wayanad. Could you please suggest when is the best time to visit?
Regards,

Samish

Quote:

Originally Posted by samish_g (Post 1579790)
Dear Predatorwheelz,
I have a plan to visit Wayanad. Could you please suggest when is the best time to visit?
Regards,

Samish

Hi Samish,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm sadly not the best person to be asking this question. Have gone to Wayanad just once, and not many people in my circle (other than tbhpians) who have much info on the place. Maybe Wmanu or one of the Bangalore/Kerala guys should answer this one.

However, can give you some tips. The first time I read about Wayanad, it was in a magazine travelogue, and the reporter had gone in peak monsoon. He put up beautiful pics, of a lush green place with pleasant weather. I still remember his funny comment "Kerala in monsoon is greener than a frog covered with algae:D"

I (we) went in December 08. The weather was just a little chill in the air. The jungles were green enough, though not as lush (or wet) as monsoons. It was nice weather to trek around.

So take your pick, monsoons or winter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by predatorwheelz (Post 1582375)
Sorry for the late reply. I'm sadly not the best person to be asking this question. Have gone to Wayanad just once, and not many people in my circle (other than tbhpians) who have much info on the place. Maybe Wmanu or one of the Bangalore/Kerala guys should answer this one.
So take your pick, monsoons or winter.

Try avoiding monsoon, in Waynad you need to travel around 30km from one attraction to another and travelling during monsoon will be little difficult considering the road conditions. And of course, if you are planning for a jungle safari, monsoon is not the right time. I would prefer winter to visit any place in Kerala.

Thank you @wmanu for the suggestion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samish_g (Post 1579790)
Dear Predatorwheelz,
Regards,

Samish

Samish - If its your first trip and sightseeing is on cards, rains are not the best time to visit Wayanad. If you are looking out for a relaxed time with family in the comfort of a resort go during the rains; forest will be at its greenest and Kabini will be at full glory.