Team-BHP - Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/69082-bangalore-bharachukki-gaganchukki-sangam-ganjan-gopalswamy-betta-bangalore.html)

Hi all,

After many plans having completely bombed, We the wild hogs decided to get lost on earth to breakfree.
And there is no better way of breakingfree than to be in the middle of nature.

The one i am gonna take you through is the one from our recent trip.
I call it Motorcycle diaries. Simply because we coverd Bharachukki, Gaganchukki,Sangam, Ganjam,Gopalswamy Betta and Bandipur
in just 2 days covering almost 700KM on the motorcycle - Unicon.
The bike is flawless and definetly meant for roadsters.

We started around 7:15 AM, reached Maddur and stopped for breakfast. Started quickly again without wasting time.
Reached Mandya and learnt that we've come way too far. so took a U-turn and followed the sign boards carefully.
Finally we found the way and headed straight to bharachukki falls.

The village around the falls is pretty good and worth stopping by and taking a look around.
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-8.jpg
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-6.jpg
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-7.jpg

Reached the falls and boy what a view, breathless,amazing,perfect wall paper.
Got down,spent some time enjoying the falls, took some pics , rested a while.
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-l.jpg
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-2.jpg
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-3.jpg
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-4.jpg

Headed for Gaganchukki.
Gaganchukki reminded me of Jog Falls. Didnt spend much time there as the previos falls was way too good compared to this one.
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-5.jpg

MOved on ... It was noon and time for lunch.
Had lunch at Mandya.
Decided to to go to Ranganathittu but was informed that we may not be allowed inside due to heavy rains and
floods in the past few weeks.
So decided to go to sangam.

Reached sangam. Well there is nothing there for nature lovers.

Unfortunately people miss Ganjam which is a place very close to sangam.
Ganjam is a hilly and a quiet place. We spent our evening there and watched the sun go down.
The place is really peaceful. Away from crowd and away from pollution. You will feel that only you exist on this earth.
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-10.jpg

Headed for mysore. Spent the night in our friend's room.

Next Morning,

We started off to Gopalswamy betta. The place i was inspired looking at the many many bogs on Team-Bhp.
The roads were realy bad. But the good news is its under construction.
Hopefully ill get to see better roads next time i go there !!!

If you've not been to Gopalswamybetta your missing something. The hills are surrounded by forests below that can
be seen as you hitch a ride on the hill. The hills are amazing and never ending.
We walked and walked never to see an end. Finally had to stop at some point and say Boss!!! I give up.

A little unfotunate for not having spotted the elephants on the hill but it was an amazing place.
It was the best hill i ever set my foot on.
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-11.jpg
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-12.jpg
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-13.jpg

With high spirits, we started from Gopalswamy betta and headed towards Bandipur.

Bandipur!!!! .
Loved the drive thru the forest. Spotted a few deers and elephants.
The ride was the coolest and the calmest of all.
Reached Madumali forest area. Ooty was just 39 Km from there.
Ooty did tempt us but we had to head back to bangalore the same evening. So didnt plan
to go any further.

Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-14.jpg
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-15.jpg
Bangalore->Bharachukki->GaganChukki->Sangam->Ganjan->Gopalswamy Betta->Bangalore-16.jpg

And finally, We started Off to head back home after a wonderful trip.
Reached Mysore, it started raining as we were heading back so decided to stay back in our friends room.
Started monday early morning ..reached home.

Wondering whats next??? Got ready for the sad part of life..OFFICE!!!!

The trip wouldnt have been this exciting without my fully loaded..ever willing ..fully enthusiastic friends

And as usual im already thinking of taking another break and getting lost yet again:).

Cheers

Lovely Travalogue and the beauty of the those hills is amazing.

Gopalswamy betta is added to my list :)

Talakad is nearby. How is that place?

Thats good report, Gopalswamy betta is very beautiful hill to visit.

Talakad is nice but nothing great. Its worth for one time visit.

Regards,

Ravi.

Hey, you did Shivasamudram falls, Sangam, ganjam and Gopalaswamy betta all in a day?
You should have spent some more time and enjoyed the beauty of the place. Talakad would have been a nice to stop by and bath on the river cauvery where the water is so fresh.

Nice pics BTW. I speed at which you covered all the places, you should have covered Ooty as well :).

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 1578213)
Hey, you did Shivasamudram falls, Sangam, ganjam and Gopalaswamy betta all in a day?
You should have spent some more time and enjoyed the beauty of the place. Talakad would have been a nice to stop by and bath on the river cauvery where the water is so fresh.

Nice pics BTW. I speed at which you covered all the places, you should have covered Ooty as well :).

Abhi

Hey Abhi. Thank u ..
we covered gopalswamy and bandipur the next day..
we did get quiet a lot of time at most places bcoz we started ealry mornig and never wasted time taking long breaks for food etc like it usualll happens in most cases...
cheers