Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 16:43   #91
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Also, We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2009 at 10:47.
shishir_bn is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th December 2009, 16:51   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Off topic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
i think i would have to give full credit to trrk who gave me the link for software to reduce the photo size!
That was only to make you post all those lovely photos! I really loved 'God's painting'.

I started off on a computer and the electronic world all alone in the the early nineties and only the good folks on the internet forums like this helped me with each and every task that I do on a computer today.

I am just passing on information.

Last edited by trrk : 9th December 2009 at 16:52.
Old 9th December 2009, 17:07   #93
BHPian

trrk say as said earlier life is always a learning process, what i learned from you today would be useful for someone tomorrow, Thanks you once again. We would meet up some time will call you when i am coming around!

Shishir, thanks man for checking the thread once again, i think the monkey was having an itch up its a** was asking the other to check it out!!
Old 10th December 2009, 12:31   #94
BHPian

Yes. Jigir thanda, my favourite milk drink! Now, its almost extinct even in my native Trichy. The guy from whom I used to buy..his father used to do it, and then even his father was doing it. Gradually the quality has come down and I do not get to drink that tastes the same as the ones we got in 80s and 90s.
Old 10th December 2009, 12:57   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
Yes. Jigir thanda, my favourite milk drink! Now, its almost extinct even in my native Trichy. The guy from whom I used to buy..his father used to do it, and then even his father was doing it. Gradually the quality has come down and I do not get to drink that tastes the same as the ones we got in 80s and 90s.
Hey thanks k149, actually i wasnt able to taste the drink, i hope to try this out some time. So what is this made off? Milk and what. I would be passing through Trichy sometime next month. Please do let me know where i can get this?
Old 10th December 2009, 20:04   #96
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
trrk say as said earlier life is always a learning process, what i learned from you today would be useful for someone tomorrow, Thanks you once again. We would meet up some time will call you when i am coming around!
And the knowledge passes on benefitting more and more.

I have made more friends on the net than I have in my own town!

Will look forward to the meet.
Old 11th December 2009, 15:12   #97
BHPian

Trrk, agree with you, most encounters last for a life time. It may that it is destined to happen that way. Speaking of which will get in touch soon so that we can meet sometime.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:26   #98
BHPian

Hey guys i am planning a second trip come this January, the same route but the drive will be till Tranquebar, hoping to cover Trichy, Kumbakonam ,and nearby places hope to put a travelogue after the visit. Any information on the route from Theni to Trichy?
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:04   #99
Senior - BHPian

Check out the following posts:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1531708-post45.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1531827-post51.html

Trichy-Thanjavur road is in a bad shape thanks to road widening work.

A friend who went to Kumbakonam area recently said the roads in and around Kumbakonam are good.

Theni to Dindigul and further to Trichy via Manaparai are also good. But I guess the best route for you to go is to go from Dindigul via Pudukottai to Thanjavur instead of going via TRichy.
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:20   #100
BHPian

HV Kumar sir, thanks for the information sir. I think the Pudukottai Thanjavur route is longer. I had read the post of Chevy lover, and had taken an idea but was looking for something of an alternate when you had suggested the Pudukottai route, will look forward to it.
Old 23rd December 2009, 19:04   #101
Senior - BHPian

HI magic,

Some time silent. O.K take the Madurai,Tanjore Via Pudukkottai and reach Karaikal from there. How was your chennai trip last time . Was it successful.Bye.

Last edited by navan49 : 23rd December 2009 at 19:05.
Old 24th December 2009, 09:34   #102
BHPian

Navan Sir, the trip to Chennai was ok,but sad part was that i had lost my mobile at the Chennai station and then the train came late by 1hr 30 minutes. Do i have to go all go all the way to Madurai or would i be able to connect to pudukottai through Usilampatti etc
Old 24th December 2009, 09:39   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navan Sir, the trip to Chennai was ok,but sad part was that i had lost my mobile at the Chennai station and then the train came late by 1hr 30 minutes. Do i have to go all go all the way to Madurai or would i be able to connect to pudukottai through Usilampatti etc
You can come from Theni side via Periakulam, Vathalagundu and Sembatti to Dindigul and directly go to Pudukottai from there without touching either Madurai or Trichy.
Old 24th December 2009, 09:47   #104
BHPian

HVk Sir, thanks for the information, so do i have to go to Manaparai also, i have just heard that the Dindigul-Manaparai strech is not good.
Old 24th December 2009, 10:52   #105
Senior - BHPian

NO, you do not have to go to Manaparai, you can go direct from Dindigul to join the Madurai-Pudukottai road.

Most Viewed