Team-BHP - A trip to Taiwan and Bangkok
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   A trip to Taiwan and Bangkok (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/69827-trip-taiwan-bangkok.html)

I was planning to do an international trip for a long time waiting for an opportunity.It materialized in the form of Taiwan and Bangkok official trip.I did this trip 2 months ago.My flight out of Hyderabad was 11.50pm to Bangkok and the from there to Taipei which is the capital of Taiwan.With all enthusiasm reached the airport the flight was delayed by one hour.Took some photographs of the airport before departure.

It took about 3hrs of flying time to Bangkok and they are 1.30hrs ahead of us in time so reached 5am.My connecting flight was 7am and I had some time to go around the airport.I had a companion who was flying to China took me around the airport.I was doubtful of recharging my mobile to to variable power supply in different countries I purchased the universal plug sockets at the electronic shop.It was already 6.20am.My companion at the airport said you can board the aircraft in even 15mins before the departure as I had the boarding pass issued at Hyderabad.So we went to the starbuck coffee shop.It took 10mins for them to bill and give us the coffee.We sat down sipping coffee but I was growing little panicky that I have to board the aircraft in time.With lot of effort I broke my conversation with my friend and started rushing back for my boarding counter.I was the last man rushing into the boarding counter.

Some more pictures of Bangkok airport and aerial views of the city

Some pictures while I was flying from Bangkok to Taipei

Some photos before landing at the airport and after landing at Taipei airport

After I landed in the Taipei I went through the immigration.I had kept all my local travel document and contact address and telephone numbers in my check in baggage.I realised the mistake in case the luggage goes missing I am stranded at the airport. Luckily the baggage safely arrived and I heaved a sign of relief.I went to the travel desk purchased a sim card and could locate my travel taxi.Rest is the pictures while I was travelling from Taipei to Taichung where my hotel was booked.

From the airport you should have taken the HSR to Taichung. It does not go full speed to Taichung but only around 200km/hr I think.

Taichung to Kaoshiung it does 300km/hr. I'm guessing pics of Taipei 101 are coming up shortly.

Did you go to the computer market in Taipei?

Breathtaking pictures. Please share more details about your trip - stay, travel, traffic conditions and so on.

Those green buses you see there are ultra luxury buses. They are not designed to hold many passengers. Usually around 15-20 pax. The seats are complete sofa seats which have foot rests and reclinable like First class on any airline.

There are also bus hostesses that serve you snacks and drinks during your journey.

Can anyone explain the Rolls Royce sticker?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast_elegance (Post 1593662)
Can anyone explain the Rolls Royce sticker?

The Airbus uses Rolls Royce Engines hence the sticker.

@gajadonga - Just love the aerial pics:). Please share some more information on the accomadation, city travel, shopping and sight seeing.

Hi M@verick The travel was booked by the local person in Taiwan as it was an official visit and for 4days and the schedule was quite tight.I did some local site seeing will post pictures.
Hi vid6639 my taxi was arranged from the airport it took almost 3hrs to reach Taichung the roads excellent.I did not find time to go to Taipei electronic city

Some pictures of the hotel where I stayed and the high speed train which goes upto 300km/hr.

If you see the photographs there are plenty of scooters and very rarely I could see bikes and there are local stands where they hire these scooters on hourly basis.
So the next day I had to travel to Lungang town.