Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 10:23   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
Good going borda!
Awesome snaps.
Thank you Sudipta. I wish the pics were as awesome as you describe them to be.

On the way out of the park, we stopped over for a visit to the museum. Rs.5 entry fee, no wonder the place looks unkempt.
3C's (Car, Camera, Corbett) minus 3C's (Cellphone, Clinics, Classes) = Peace-museum.jpg

What caught the eye of this motorhead first was a motorboat displayed out front. Supposed to have been in use in the river some years ago, but no one seems to have an answer as to why it needs to be up on display. Going by the looks of it, it should be easily put back to active duty.
3C's (Car, Camera, Corbett) minus 3C's (Cellphone, Clinics, Classes) = Peace-boat.jpg
3C's (Car, Camera, Corbett) minus 3C's (Cellphone, Clinics, Classes) = Peace-boat-steer.jpg
3C's (Car, Camera, Corbett) minus 3C's (Cellphone, Clinics, Classes) = Peace-boat-engine.jpg

Inside the museum is a collection of deer antlers, and a few tigers in dusty glass cases. Boards describe the history of when and how these tigers died. One apparently died of pneumonia, but I can't really imagine a tiger with fever, sneezing and coughing to death.
3C's (Car, Camera, Corbett) minus 3C's (Cellphone, Clinics, Classes) = Peace-museumtiger1.jpg
3C's (Car, Camera, Corbett) minus 3C's (Cellphone, Clinics, Classes) = Peace-mustiger.jpg

There's this baby elephant, which was trampled to death by its own herd. Bad parents!
3C's (Car, Camera, Corbett) minus 3C's (Cellphone, Clinics, Classes) = Peace-musbabyeleph.jpg

And there was a collection of embryos of tigers and leopards, again in dusty cases which cannot be viewed too well.
3C's (Car, Camera, Corbett) minus 3C's (Cellphone, Clinics, Classes) = Peace-embryo.jpg

Museum visit over, it was time to go and try our luck at the Ramnagar Forest Dept. office again. Unfortunately, this time around, we were not so lucky. Happy with what little we saw of Corbett, we decided to return to Delhi that night itself.

[END]
Old 28th November 2009, 18:26   #47
BHPian

Achtung! SS Traveller nice writeup and nice pics, paticularly liked the slow shutter speed river shots and the Cheetal close up. The sunlight through the trees were also neat, did you use a UV filter or a polarising filter? The shot of the guest house with solar panels with vivid blue sky was also nicely done (blue filter?) Do post the details of your camera and lenses used for a better analysis. The opening panorama was also nicely stitched.
Old 28th November 2009, 22:12   #48
BHPian

Excellent pictures and a great travelogue. Thanks for sharing.
Old 29th November 2009, 11:24   #49
BHPian

Hey SS,

Very nice writing !

I think i have made mistake too many time not making to this place, though i visit Panthnagar on business every month. Corbett is just an hour and half journey from panthnagar. I will schedule my visit this december.

Nice information.good !
Old 29th November 2009, 13:13   #50
Senior - BHPian

SS sir, awesome narration and superb pictures as well.Loved your thread heading which should be in vacations.Missed the opportunity this feb to visit corbett but have been to MP's kanha,bandhavgarh, and what you said is true its not all about just tigers but the whole of wild life in there.Bringing out the true scent of forest with your pictures.
Old 29th November 2009, 18:04   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Achtung! ...did you use a UV filter or a polarising filter? The shot of the guest house with solar panels with vivid blue sky was also nicely done (blue filter?) Do post the details of your camera and lenses used for a better analysis.
Danke schön, windiesel! No filters, no special lenses - I use a Sony H3 camera for my photography, and am learning the ABC's of using PS. I also use a software called PhotoStudio, also Picasa and IrfanView at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Excellent pictures and a great travelogue. Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Hey SS,
Very nice writing !
Nice information.good !
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
SS sir, awesome narration and superb pictures as well.Loved your thread heading which should be in vacations.
Bringing out the true scent of forest with your pictures.
Thank you all for appreciating the pics. A couple more of a tree with a few red leaves. Hope you like them...
Attached Thumbnails
3C's (Car, Camera, Corbett) minus 3C's (Cellphone, Clinics, Classes) = Peace-colourtree1k120.jpg  

3C's (Car, Camera, Corbett) minus 3C's (Cellphone, Clinics, Classes) = Peace-colourtreek120.jpg  

Old 29th November 2009, 21:28   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Danke schön, windiesel! No filters, no special lenses - I use a Sony H3 camera for my photography, and am learning the ABC's of using PS. I also use a software called PhotoStudio, also Picasa and IrfanView at times.
Wunderbar! cosidering that those pics came out of a non SLR, they're all the more praiseworthy. Oh! I forgot, nowadays there aren't any more SLRs only DSLRs. Try a little less exposure for your outdoor shots + a uv filter from palika (must for outdoor work), and lesser zoom. More Zoom = more haziness (noise in Digital parlance)
Our time we had the venerable Pentax K-1000 and our old timers used to tell us to just put Shutter on 1/125 Aperture on f/5.6, focus and shoot and 90% of the time the shot will be correctly exposed. Try it on your H3 sometime, I think it has full manual overide.
Old 1st December 2009, 08:56   #53
BHPian

Nice writing and photos. Thanks for sharing.
The Scorpio seems to be inspiring you in more ways than one

Brought back many memories and also reinforced the reply I give when people in Mumbai ask me: "What do you miss about Delhi?"

My answer: "Uttaranchal and Himachal!"
Old 1st December 2009, 10:05   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Nice writing and photos. Thanks for sharing.
The Scorpio seems to be inspiring you in more ways than one

Brought back many memories and also reinforced the reply I give when people in Mumbai ask me: "What do you miss about Delhi?"

My answer: "Uttaranchal and Himachal!"
Thank you, Soumya. I completely agree with you about the UK and HP bit. Actually the Scorpio isn't inspiring me, it is a means to the freedom that I've always sought over the last 15 years! 4WD sets one free. As to exploring UK & HP, I've covered UK more than most, but HP trips were confined to the Shimla circuit and a single trip to Lahaul about 12 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel
...cosidering that those pics came out of a non SLR, they're all the more praiseworthy. Try a little less exposure for your outdoor shots + a uv filter from palika (must for outdoor work), and lesser zoom.
...just put Shutter on 1/125 Aperture on f/5.6, focus and shoot and 90% of the time the shot will be correctly exposed. Try it on your H3 sometime, I think it has full manual overide.
Thank you - those are the kind of suggestions I've been looking for. Will try it out soon.
Old 10th December 2009, 20:09   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

How to book...

The contact details of the Ramnagar (Director, Corbett Tiger Reserve) and Dehradun (Chief Wildlife Warden - Uttarakhand) offices appear on the Official Website of Corbett National Park. The best way to book, I am told, is to call up the Ramnagar office at 05947-251489 during office hours, and they'll tell you exactly how to proceed further. Book early (perhaps a month in advance), but weekends and extended holiday weekends are quickly taken up. The office therefore would open reservations for, say, 26th January 2010, after end of December, but one could book in for, say, 28th Jan. 2010 now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks