Team-BHP - A short trip to Bandipur, Nanjangudu and Mysore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   A short trip to Bandipur, Nanjangudu and Mysore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/70062-short-trip-bandipur-nanjangudu-mysore.html)

This is my first post in the travelogue section.
This is the most common place everybody would have visited but i wanted to pen it here because I came back from this trip and saw my team-bhp membership was accepted during that weekend. So wouldn't go into details, a very short and quick trip review.

My son is almost now 3 years and as per rituals we had to offer the complete hair on his head to god(So called "muddi") and for that we had to visit Nanjangudu. So i planned to visit Bandipur before going there.

Mode of transport
i10 1.2
No of passengers
Mom, dad, wife,son and myself

Day 1 - 13th Nov
Left bangalore on 13th morning around 5.30 am and reached mysore around 7.30 am. Directly went to Chamundi Hills and had darshan. Then off to breakfast at Gayathri Tiffin room (GTR). Dad studied and started working in mysore, so he knew all the old n good places to eat. We then headed to Bandipur. Roads are good till Mysore, not so good from Mysore to Nanjangudu. Better from Nanjangudu till Gundlupet. Worst roads for next 8 kms from Gundlupet towards Bandipur.
Reached Bandipur around 12.30 pm.I had booked the Forest guest house which has 2 rooms with double beds in each. Each of these rooms are under in-charge of one person who takes care of the room and food. Relaxed for a while after lunch and then went for safari. Could not see anything much except the deers, monkeys and peacocks. Came back to the room and retired for the night.
The most exciting part was in the night when all the deers come near the room and sleep. There were like more than 500+ deers around the room. At one point two of them were fighting with their horns and they were very close to my car. I was just crossing my fingers that they do not end up damaging the car in their fight.

Day 2 - 14th Nov
We decided to get up early in the morning and head to Madhumalai for a safari ride. So left Bandipur around 5.30 am and on the way saw around 6-8 bisons right next to the road. Reached Madhumalai and went for a safari ride, which was uneventfull as we could not see anything else apart from deers and bisons.
Returned back to bandipur, had breakfast and vacated the room to head back towards Mysore.
On the way decided to visit Himad Gopalaswamy beta. It was 14th Nov (Children's day) and the place was crowded. Had a quick darshan and then back on to the road towards Mysore.
Reached Mysore and had lunch. My son was all excited to see the zoo as he could not see much in Bandipur. So the afternoon and evening was pretty much Zoo and KRS visits.

Day 3 - 15th Nov
We had to complete the main purpose of the trip and so visited Nanjangudu and completed the rituals. Then came back to Mysore had breakfast at Mylari hotel(well Know for idlys and Dosas). Then it was visit of couple of friends and relatives house and headed back to Bangalore with a pitstop for lunch.

Total Distance covered was around 700 Kms with a average fuel consumption of 15-16 kms with 100% AC.

Some of the pics of the trip.(Sorry for the bad quality pics in some as i was carrying a basic camera this time).

some very nice pictures there @ rk_sans. :thumbs up

OT..this will be my 250th post!! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Were you shooting the bisons with flash? Very risky!

@RuffRyder
Thanks and congrats for your 250th post.

@s0uljah
Yes, that pic was shoot using flash. It was risky but was in a safe distance.

@djjebs
Luckily there were no scratches after those monkeys attack on my car. After that i had to guard my car for next one hour at least.

Good pics.

On Nov 14th, even I visited Hiwavad Goapalswamy hills.

very good places to vist at these times. Nice pic and nice trip and very good explanation.

What a beautiful picture of the peacock and the plastic water bottle:Frustrati.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolfyre (Post 1597818)
Good pics.

On Nov 14th, even I visited Hiwavad Goapalswamy hills.

What time were you there, i was there around 11 - 12pm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1597918)
What a beautiful picture of the peacock and the plastic water bottle:Frustrati.

I was so concentrating on the peacock that i could not see the bottle at all. Only after i loaded the pics into my laptop, i realized that they was this bottle in the pic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk_sans (Post 1598013)
I was so concentrating on the peacock that i could not see the bottle at all. Only after i loaded the pics into my laptop, i realized that they was this bottle in the pic.

Sans I meant no offense to you and your pictures are really nice.

Its just that I get pissed off when I see litter on this otherwise beautiful stretch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk_sans (Post 1598013)
What time were you there, i was there around 11 - 12pm.

I was there around 4:00 PM.

Hey rk_sans, Awsome writeup. Can you please post more details on your bandipur stay in terms of cost, contact for Forest guest house and Madhumalai route with the safari charges. Please do upload more pics on the same :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajands (Post 1601245)
Hey rk_sans, Awsome writeup. Can you please post more details on your bandipur stay in terms of cost, contact for Forest guest house and Madhumalai route with the safari charges. Please do upload more pics on the same :)

I had booked a two room with double beds. They charge Rs1000 per day. It had two rooms with double beds, One hall and One dinning area. Rooms are not so good but pretty good to the government owned standards. :thumbs up
You need to book these forest guest house in Mysore. Here is the link which give details about it. I got it done through a friend of mine from Mysore.
Karnataka Forest Department :: Forest Rest Houses

Food is extra and it is dead cheap.

Safari charges in Bandipur is Rs95 per head whereas in Madhumalai it is Rs.30 per head.
After bandipur, if you continue further for 13 kms you will reach Madhumalai.

How are the roads from Mysore till mudumalai?
I heard the roads are very bad from Nanjangud to gundulpet?

BTW Nice photos there :)

Mysore to Nanjangud is bad. Nanjangud to gundulpet is good. Gundulpet to Bandipur, initial 8 Kms is worst. You can also say there is no roads for 8 kms.

@rk_sans - Nice write up of the trip :thumbs up. Do post some more pics. My personal favourite is the last one with the scenery, very nice shot.